Cheer on! (GxG) (Friendship)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

Cheer on! (GxG) (Friendship)

#1 Post by Zatch »

I finally gather enough teammates to present to you people on fellow lemma soft viewer! I want to say that this idea came from a talk that myself and Bellice had when I was about to commission her. It's from a fan picture she made on da. xD Thus on may we started working on it.. So, about 2 months.. Started in May :lol:

Renaivisual presents!
Cheer on!(Working Title)
Plot: For most of Roxie's life she had it all being head cheerleader to being the most popular girl at Tennyson High. Topping her rival Brea (who she secretly in love with) at everything she does makes thing great. Things goes wrong when she finds herself dateless weeks before prom. She now must find a date quickly but there is one problem. The certain person she want to ask out has a boyfriend! Can she break them up and win Brea or find someone else within the storm.

Characters:

Roxie: The protagonist of the game. She has a tomboyish personality and loves video games. She is known as the queen bee of Tennyson High and known to be a total bitch.

Love interests:

Brea: Second in command of the cheersquad and main rival of Roxie. Ever since Roxie and Brea met in tryouts, they always want to top each other. More so for Brea then Roxie. She has a sharp tongue and is much bitchy than Roxie. She believes her to be queen of the school and want to be treat like such. She doesn't interact with non-popular people.

Claire: The local punk girl at school. She is known as an outcast and doesn't interact with others. She is known to be on Brea's target list of hate. She is into music and lead of the band called Curse of Merch. She is a chill person and doesn't let anything get her down.

Kylee: The girl next door and know to be life of the party. She is leader of a club for lbgt which makes her ban to be popular. She and Roxie know each other having class together. They have a secret friendship that Brea doesn't know. She tries to convince Roxie to Join.

Sara Bucket
One of few teachers that most of the guys have crush on at Tennyson High even though she is strict. When it comes to studies in classroom, she rules above the rest. She teaches German as its native tongue. When nobodies around she had an entirely different personality that none students or colleagues knows about.

Olivia Turner:
A new student to Tennyson High and has a kind heart. She is recently discovered lesbian wanting a new start from her hometown. She has a keen eye on Roxie after she gives her the tour and doesn’t help she cheerleader. She and Kylee become fast friends and band together to bring Roxie to their club.

Minor Characters:
Ben: Brea's jock boyfriend and star quarterback. He is Roxie's brother that gets on her nerves. He is pretty relax and doesn't like cause conflict.

Kyle: Roxie's childhood friend and only one that knows Roxie secret.

Fanboys: You know what I'm talking about. ;D

Samples:

Sample of the gym (Not Finish yet)

Staff:
Zatch: Writer
Bellice: Spriter Artist
Kingv: Background Artist
AbstractEclipse: Music

Let me know:

Your thoughts? Question about the character and such?
Suggestion? Favorite Character? The backgrounds are not done yet so we can't show you screenshot. I'm in writing mode and everyone else is collecting their resources for the project.
Last edited by Zatch on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 11 times in total.

JustALittleSin
Regular
Projects: Unit & Jetser Forever
Organization: Visualnovels.nl

Re: Cheer on! (Yuri)

#2 Post by JustALittleSin »

Not much to go on yet, so I'll wait with commenting until there is more artwork available. It looks promising though!
Visualnovels.nl - We write (about) visual novels. In Dutch.
Dutch translations:
Visualnovels.nl Devblog - As above, but more relevant for non-Dutchies
Marijuana - De Waarheid / Witch Spell / Heartful Chance
Locked-In / Moonlight Walks [WIP]
The Knife Of The Traitor [WIP]

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Re: Cheer on! (Yuri) (Friendship)

#3 Post by KomiTsuku »

I like the sprites so far. I can't wait to see the rest of them. There is one thing I am very curious about, however. Are Brea, Claire, and Kylee all romanciable leads?

Zatch
Regular

#4 Post by Zatch »

Brea, Claire and Kylee are romancible characters. There are some friendship routes in the game also with some of the guys. Life doesn't end if you can't find a date. :wink:

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#5 Post by Sapphi »

Zatch wrote: Roxie: The protagonist of the game. She has a tomboyish personality and loves video games. She is known as the queen bee of Tennyson High and known to be a total bitch.
I'm... interested to know how it's possible to have a "queen bee" type and a "tomboy gamer" type in one character. I'm sure it could happen somehow, but all the girls I ever knew who were popular were obsessed with clothes and makeup, and the girls who had less "girly" interests were anything but. I guess I shouldn't complain though, because it is nice to see a non-standard cheerleader. :)
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Zatch
Regular

#6 Post by Zatch »

Sapphi wrote:
Zatch wrote: Roxie: The protagonist of the game. She has a tomboyish personality and loves video games. She is known as the queen bee of Tennyson High and known to be a total bitch.
I'm... interested to know how it's possible to have a "queen bee" type and a "tomboy gamer" type in one character. I'm sure it could happen somehow, but all the girls I ever knew who were popular were obsessed with clothes and makeup, and the girls who had less "girly" interests were anything but. I guess I shouldn't complain though, because it is nice to see a non-standard cheerleader. :)
I'm trying to mix it up. >:D She keeps her gamer habit on the down low as she doesn't want to be caught! She does care about clothes and make-up but not as much as she likes video games. I blame Kyle for poisoning her. :lol:

There you go! I wanted go with non-standard cheerleader to give her a different tone then the normal cheerleader. I hope you stay and play the game when it's finish :)

Zatch
Regular

#7 Post by Zatch »

Long no see you guys! I want to say that we are working on this game and we present to you our new character design of Claire. We should have a demo in late November or December of this year. Tell us what you guys think of the design. We would like your input!

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Oh my god, Claire's adorable! x'D

I'm actually really looking forward to this. <3
Zatch wrote:I'm trying to mix it up. >:D She keeps her gamer habit on the down low as she doesn't want to be caught! She does care about clothes and make-up but not as much as she likes video games. I blame Kyle for poisoning her. :lol:
Reminds me of Kirino from Ore no Imouto. A middle school model who was secretly super into eroge, hehe.

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#9 Post by Razz »

Cheerleaders and yuri? XD OMG this looks amazing!

Zatch
Regular

#10 Post by Zatch »

Razz wrote:Cheerleaders and yuri? XD OMG this looks amazing!
A nice combo, right?!?! I hope we can make it amazing!
Victoria Jennings wrote:Oh my god, Claire's adorable! x'D

I'm actually really looking forward to this. <3
Zatch wrote:I'm trying to mix it up. >:D She keeps her gamer habit on the down low as she doesn't want to be caught! She does care about clothes and make-up but not as much as she likes video games. I blame Kyle for poisoning her. :lol:
Reminds me of Kirino from Ore no Imouto. A middle school model who was secretly super into eroge, hehe.
Thank you! She isn't finish yet though. She still need some bling and tattoos. I hope you like final version. Yeah, I'm aware of Kirino and she must of sneak into the mixture when I was making the characters.

I have added 2 new characters to the list. So, now there is total of 6 love interest for you to choose from. I hope you read them and tell what you think from the descriptions. :lol:

Zatch
Regular

Re: Cheer on! (GxG) (Friendship)

#11 Post by Zatch »

Another update! :lol:

There are some good news for us this time! We have another sprite artist besides Bellice! She will remain unnamed for right now. Well, I have reach 3k on the script. I know it's small and I'm so slow orz....We are planning to have at least 5k for the demo. So I'm a little half way through it :D

I present to you wip of Olivia!
Nicely done I would say. :D We will bring you the color version soon enough!

AsagiMete
Regular

#12 Post by AsagiMete »

This looks interesting. The cast sounds like fun! How's the game coming along?

Zatch
Regular

#13 Post by Zatch »

AsagiMete wrote:This looks interesting. The cast sounds like fun! How's the game coming along?
Thanks for taking interest! There are some bumps on the road thanks to my friend/artist not answering my pm. D: So, I'm waiting for her to answer... Dam you college... I hope I don't have pay to redo the sprites all over again. D: If any of you guys can help out that would be wonderful!

Stay tune for update!

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)
Organization: FlareBlue Entertainment

#14 Post by squark »

This sounds quite interesting ^^ Gonna keep an eye on this one.

It's goog to see a character that's not the same uniform height as everyone else (Thank you, Olivia!), and the art is lovely.

EDIT: I'm curious as to how progress is going on this.
Without communication, nothing is possible.
"All we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore"
-- Edgar Allen Poe, "A Dream Within A Dream"
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Raven Hollow (on hold for now)
Peace and Love,
Squark

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#15 Post by WickedRaccoon »

let's see.cheerleaders?yuri?amazing art?yup,it's worth stalking!!!^^ wish you good luck!