For women: how do you feel dating feminine males?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

Re: For women: how do you feel dating feminine males?

#31 Post by Fungii »

I tend to avoid them most of the time if they veer too much into actually-a-woman territory, but as far as your examples go, that's perfectly fine. Though my aversion is mostly due to being drowned in feminine males in the past.
I'd probably go after Samaras first either way though :lol:

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#32 Post by Victoria Jennings »

I know we're talking about feminine males here, but SELITH. *_* <3333

Good lord, she's beautiful.

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

#33 Post by SilverHyena »

I like feminine males quite a bit. Though, I don't when it's a dude with really long hair and looks exactly like a girl and has an overly girly personality to the point where he might as well have been a girl... I mean, I can get into it, but it takes me awhile because of personal preferences. That rant over, Nook is fine. <3 I'll go for him first depending on his personality (judging by his expression, he might be my favorite type). All three of them are gorgeous though. Selith is quite the hottie (And I say this as a straight woman. Really.) You can bet I will be romancing all three!

On a side note, yay at the fact that Rei is romance-able again!

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#34 Post by kaleidofish »

Here's another opinion. Personality generally trumps looks for me when it comes to long term, committed dating. I don't mind feminine. Overly macho guys annoy me, anyway, because I generally don't have much in common with them. Anyway...I'd pick Samaras over Nook and Selith. Selith's pretty but not my type, either.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

wordlesswriter
Regular
Projects: ~La Dame de la Mer~

#35 Post by wordlesswriter »

Well, I would classify both of the guys in you picture as "effeminate"- but Samaras is definitely well within bishie territory. I'd take him down to virtual Chinatown and show him how the fireworks are made. :wink:

As for Nook... well, as other people have said, his pose looks a bit uncomfortable. More specifically, it looks like he's trying to do a pole dance. :lol:
Personally, I think his design is great, face-wise. I can see he's supposed to be androgynous, but I feel like maybe making his torso just a little wider than his hips, or widening his shoulders a bit would help to distinguish his gender. (Even slender guys have shoulders wider than their hips. At least, the ones I know.)

I feel like at that point I would consider being a part of his private shaman pole dance ritual. But currently? Ehhh.
It would depend on his personality.

All in all, I like slightly more effeminate guys, but not that effeminate. Probably because if that was the case IRL people would say I'm the dude in the relationship. D:

Side note: What do you use for your line art? :o That's so clean it's incredible.

wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

#36 Post by wakagana »

Sometimes, when I look in the mirror. I'm like. "If I shaved, and maybe put on some makeup. I could easily be disguised as a woman."

But then I realize my voice is a bit to deep most of the time to really play that off.

... Sorry what?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#37 Post by jack_norton »

wordlesswriter wrote: Side note: What do you use for your line art? :o That's so clean it's incredible.
It's because the original image is much bigger so scaling down makes it look clean :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Cinnamoon
Regular
Projects: Crystal Aria ~Starlight (20%), かわいいなリズム (38%)
Organization: CoffeeCat

#38 Post by Cinnamoon »

I don't really like feminine guys, I do like my boyfriend to be strong and hairy !! (Ok that was weird...maybe ^^")
But in VNs, I must say it doesn't bother me ; though I would totally go for Samaras first... he is kinda hot :)

Carmentis

#39 Post by Carmentis »

Personally I don't mind them. As someone said it really depends on personality in the long run.

Although I'm quite the opposite of OtomeWeekend. XD I'm into shotacon.

Heisenberg
Regular
Organization: Los Pollos Hermanos

#40 Post by Heisenberg »

wakagana wrote:Sometimes, when I look in the mirror. I'm like. "If I shaved, and maybe put on some makeup. I could easily be disguised as a woman."

But then I realize my voice is a bit to deep most of the time to really play that off.

... Sorry what?
Yeah maybe an ugly woman. I on the other hand am mistaken for a female numerous times. I would be 100X hotter of a trap then you Waka.

Wait what?

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#41 Post by Cidz »

I like fem. men. I watch anime often, and i love the bishies in those shows. Especially shoujos/reverse harems where there are mostly fem. looking men.

Midi
Regular
Projects: Limerick Castle

#42 Post by Midi »

I'd date nook last. He just seems like he doesn't like woman at all. |D

I have no problem with feminine males,I actually like them quite a bit, just that even his pose kinda makes it seem like he's already got it up the butt more than he's been with a female. |D

I'd prefer the other guy more....but maybe I just like pretty boys more than fem boys. It's two whole categories on it's own, I think.
Last edited by Midi on Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eileen
Veteran
Projects: Akiba Z and Passion Sync
Organization: Aphrodisia/Beautiful Starr

#43 Post by eileen »

I would so date feminine male! :P As long as they aren't crossing the path of what's female and what's male. From what I seen Nook is good in my book!

Now I have an excuse to play the game when it comes out. Oh joy!

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#44 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Usually here the effeminate men are more kinder than those guys being all manly, so I stick to them like leeches |D Being honest, I don't even like men who try their best to meet the world's standards on being manly. So effeminate men shows themselves on how they like it and not how people like it so yeah

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#45 Post by rioka »

Personally, looks are the first thing I get drawn to but in the end, personality/character is what hooks me in the end. You could be the prettiest person in the world but if you have a lousy personality, no thank you! But anyways, bishie guys are always fun to look at. ;D