How to cite CC attribution?

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
ETERNAL
Regular
Projects: Sepia Tears

How to cite CC attribution?

#1 Post by ETERNAL »

I'm relying on some Creative Commons materials for one of my projects (specifically Photoshop brushes and sound effects), and I'm wondering how you're supposed to provide attribution to fulfil that requirement of the license. Are sites like freesound.org and brusheezy.com considered sources or are they more like search engines? Tracking down the individual websites of content creators sounds difficult (if not impossible) considering some of these were uploaded 5+ years ago.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

Re: How to cite CC attribution?

#2 Post by OokamiKasumi »

ETERNAL wrote:I'm relying on some Creative Commons materials for one of my projects (specifically Photoshop brushes and sound effects), and I'm wondering how you're supposed to provide attribution to fulfil that requirement of the license. Are sites like freesound.org and brusheezy.com considered sources or are they more like search engines? Tracking down the individual websites of content creators sounds difficult (if not impossible) considering some of these were uploaded 5+ years ago.
A lot of the resources I use to make my graphics are seriously old, like 10 or more years old. When I can't remember the name of the individual piece's creator, I attribute the site or location it came from.

For a game, I make end credits -- just like in a movie, and that's where all those listings go. When the game ends, the credits roll, and in most of my games, they're also accessible from either the front page or the bonus page in addition to being at the end.

This is only 1 of 11 credit images that dissolve in and out at the end of the game.
xCredits05.png
For the credits, I have a screen code that I reuse in each game I make. Basically, I paste the code as-is onto it's own .rpy page (credits.rpy) and simply swap out all the images. I don't even change the image names.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar