White Days [GxB] [Romance, Angst, Slice of Life] - HIATUS

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
whitenenesha
Regular
Projects: White Days / Fragile Hearts

White Days [GxB] [Romance, Angst, Slice of Life] - HIATUS

#1 Post by whitenenesha »

"As a girl whom never wanted to look into future meet a boy whom wanted to get out from his past,
a story unfolds within the white rooms."

Synopsis

Kihara Nakayama is a young girl with terminal illness. She has been living like a caged bird; closed, isolated and never touches outside world much. Kihara highly hopes that her sickness will meet its cure as days, months and finally years left her. However, she began to despise her condition as time passes; she hates herself for being a burden for her own family – what she only wish is dying somewhere that anyone will not care, as long as it is not on her hospital bed all alone.

One day, she managed to escape from hospital. However, fate said that she only to be placed on the same state but in a different hospital. There, she encountered with Yukito Ryokuya, the one who found her collapsed in front of his father’s hospital.

Will her destiny remain the same: dying in cold, hospital room, alone?

Characters

This is only a few of them in drafts, I don't make their sprites yet and all.

Kihara Nakayama
/ Age: 16
"What do you want? Stop thinking about me and go."
A tsundere girl contracted with Cardiomyophaty – a heart-muscle disease. She spend most of her lifetime in hospital, which makes her quite withdrawn and sensitive. Kihara has a special collar on her neck that control whether her heart muscles fails. She was born in prestigious family as the youngest child of three siblings.

Yukito Ryokuya
/ Age: 17
"You deserve to enjoy life, take back what you've said."
The son of the hospital owner who found Kihara from outside hospital. He has playful and generous personality. He's also a vice student body president in his school. He never cares about his father’s hospital group at first, but he actually come to monitor the hospital well-being frequently because of the episode from his past. Somehow, he is stunned about Kihara’s condition... why is that?

Momoyuki Kimihara
/ Age: 15
"As long as I am still living, I'll do my best."
Yukito’s younger stepsister (albeit they're looking too similar) which Yukito adopted when her actual family died on airplane accident that also lost her legs’ ability. Momo looks soft and frail, but actually she’s very strong from the inside. She can easily read other people mind. She is now on a rehab session to recuperate her legs condition.

Dr. Eguchi Inuzuka
/ Age: 24
"The world is not as bad as you think. You can choose to hope or to despair."
Current head doctor in hospital, he is specialized in internal organs. Dr. Eguchi is the one who attend Kihara in hospital. Sometimes he is helped by his assistant, Sho Aragaki, to do his work.

Dr. Sho Aragaki
Said to be a young-gifted surgeon-in-training, Sho is an eccentric doctor with full-framed thick glasses and messy hairstyle. He's working under Dr. Eguchi supervisions.

Izumi Nakatsukasa
Well-respected nurse that assigned at Kihara's current floor post. She is seen friendly with Dr. Aragaki as well as with Dr. Eguchi. She has lost her right eye due to a certain hospital incident.

Kurumi Rokujou/Kurumi Valkyria van Arsenbach
/ Age: 16
"For my sister."
Half Finland-half Japanese student body president, a partner of Yukito in term of student body projects. She always visits her older sister in hospital and often bumps into Yukito in the hallway. She is energetic and well-manered person.

Hitomi Reiroukan
/ Age: 15
Yukito's classmate and his neighbor. She helps Momo with house chores whenever Yukito is not available at home. Gradually shown in hospital, she often talking to Dr. Sho about various illness regarding memory loss and personality disorders.

Shichi Nakayama
Kihara oldest sister, as well as the one who tend Nakayama's family with their parents' absence. She's quite over-protective sometimes.

Progress
Updated 07-09-2012

GUI: 0%
Sprites: 0%
Background Art: 30%
CGs: 0%
Music: 40%
Story: 40%
Script: 10%

At A Glance

Genre: Romance, Angst, Slice of Life (expect a little emotional phrases here and there xD)
Rating: 15+ for explicity

Staffs cast~ \o/
whitenenesha - story / scripts / artist
Daistarir - CG artist
Doruku - Composer
Reyire - Programmer
S-K-Leton, Iarumas - Proofreader

This VN is inspired by my obsession of hospital and diseases. You'll play as Kihara and venture her new life in new hospital, interacting with others from hospital, and also, Yukito's past. (And maybe hints of other characters' selves)

I think I will not make any menu on this story
This KN currently has:
Statistics:

The game contains 169 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 1,840 words,
for an average of 10.9 words per screen.
The game contains 0 menus.
Example from my background tries (editing a photo):
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i44 ... l_norm.jpg

This is my first attempt for making a VN, I have no friend around that I can ask for help, and I never have any experience on Ren’Py before so I struggling completely to learn about script-making and to study some terminology (I am quite slow to understand a thing!). What I can afford to complete myself is the storyline and sprites. I didn't know where to start, but the story is still in progress.

I really, really, appreciate and need your help on anything necessary!

Thanks and I hope for your feedbacks! ^^
Last edited by whitenenesha on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Just a lonely story writer."

Fanfiction.net / deviantArt / Twitter
Projects: White Days [KN], Fragile Hearts[VN]

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

Re: White Days [GxB] [Romance, Angst, Slice of Life]

#2 Post by wyverngem »

I'm actually kind of interested in the story for this project. Hope it goes well for you. There are a few errors in your sentence wording, but it's not too bad. Will Kihara's illness be named in the game or is it just general health problems?

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#3 Post by Sharm »

whitenenesha wrote:I really, really, appreciate and need your help on anything necessary!
I have a debilitating illness, if you'd like to interview me to find out what it's like I wouldn't mind. It's not fatal and I don't spend any time in the hospital, but I know what it's like to wake up and not know if you can get out of bed that day.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#4 Post by AshenhartKrie »

It sounds really interesting, especially the concept. It's definitely something I'd try when it's finished. Good luck. ^^

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

whitenenesha
Regular

#5 Post by whitenenesha »

AshenhartKrie wrote:It sounds really interesting, especially the concept. It's definitely something I'd try when it's finished. Good luck. ^^
Thanks a lot ^^ I'll try my best!
Sharm wrote:whitenenesha wrote:
I really, really, appreciate and need your help on anything necessary!

I have a debilitating illness, if you'd like to interview me to find out what it's like I wouldn't mind. It's not fatal and I don't spend any time in the hospital, but I know what it's like to wake up and not know if you can get out of bed that day.
I see. I'll send you PM when I'm stuck on the story then if it doesn't bother you. Thanks for your help!
wyverngem wrote:I'm actually kind of interested in the story for this project. Hope it goes well for you. There are a few errors in your sentence wording, but it's not too bad. Will Kihara's illness be named in the game or is it just general health problems?
English is not my first language, my bad ^^; thanks for your attention. About Kihara illness, I'll stick with 'Cardiomyopathy' word for its description.

Midi
Regular
Projects: Limerick Castle

#6 Post by Midi »

Ahh, so the game is mostly Monochrome?

whitenenesha
Regular

#7 Post by whitenenesha »

@^
monochrome?
That's maybe. Because I tend to like monochrome colors (or only few colors coloring), and because the story is mostly about "white and black in hospital"

whitenenesha
Regular

#8 Post by whitenenesha »

Progress update and more character description added. Sprites will follow soon, I hope.
Sorry for double post >_<

whitenenesha
Regular

#9 Post by whitenenesha »

Statistics:

The game contains 386 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 4,177 words,
for an average of 10.8 words per screen.
The game contains 0 menus.
Slow progressing is slow, I'm really a slow writer. And since there's no scanner nearby, I can't upload the final character sketch yet :<