A Writer Whose Available :D

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
victoriae350

A Writer Whose Available :D

#1 Post by victoriae350 »

Hey everyone. I'm Vicky. LOL! I'm a writer....obviously, and I'm letting everyone know that I'm available. I want to work on a project with some awesome people :) I noticed that when I asked for a job last time on this website people were asking for examples and stuff...thankfully writing for games doesn't involve ten pages of description so I'll give you some examples of my writing (i wish i still had that ten page short story I got 92% on :() Anyway, here's something I just whipped up on the spot...I hope it doesn't suck. I'm not always confident about my writing, which is why I need lots of constant encouragement.

Here is an example of my writing. In order for you to see my full potential, I'll show a sample of my writing in referance to novels. It was a story for a contest...sadly I didn't do well, but it was inspired by When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne and This is Love by Super Junior M which is a Chinese group (they branch off the korean group Super Junior). This contains the first bit of the first chapter :)
The only thing she could see that was slightly familiar was the drawing on top of the night table. A small purple line was slashed right through the middle, almost as if someone had been against the entire meaning behind the drawing. Two stick men stood on top of a green hill with blue skies and beautiful yellow sun that took up the upper half of the sheet, and they were holding hand. Hearts of all shapes and sizes were located above their heads in every shade of red and pink ever imaginable. For Amber, it was a symbol of love, and the one moment she had felt the happiest in her life. Never in the past could she have pictured such a thing happening to her; for before meeting him she was nothing but an empty shell lying on the street with no purpose.

Amber fingered the drawing, tears were flowing down the sides of her cheeks and dropping so that the colour started to smudge. It had come and gone, and yet she herself had never thought about her feelings, and about what they had before. Everything had just dissapeared in a flash. Now Amber was almost certain that it was and had been love. Of all things, which included the loyalty that was so strongly engraved into his soul and mind, Amber had never expected to fall asleep in his arms then awake to a bed that was half made up. Indeed it was suprising and heartbreaking; but now that she looked back, all the signs the night before seemed almost impossible to miss. It was almost as if he were telling her good-bye with his actions rather than his words.

But regrettably, she didn't want to think about what had happened the night before. Though it was sweet, it was almost just as painful to look upon now that he was nowhere to be found. Tori had warned her of this. His beloved sister whom he held dear had called her up several times to give her the same lecture. "...he can't fall in love." She would say faster than the beat of a woodpckers wing. "Agents are suppose to be neutral to emotions, they can't feel anything. If they do, they'll put that person at risk of life threatening injuries or ever worse...death." After that, Amber found herself tuning out Tori as if she were one of those babbling idiots who just went on and on about themself. But now she had wished she had listened because it was obvious that Tori knew more than she did

The alarm clock on her desk read eight-fifteen. ONLY eight-fifteen. Amber felt that her entire life had already passed as she sat on the bed trying not to remember Myungsoo. That was Agent Soo's real name, one she recognized from her early days of being a child in the orphanage. Though for Amber, most of her childhood was a blur, the only incident she could remember as a child involved a certain little boy and a couple of enormous bullies.
I hope this is okay for you guys! :) Anyway, I would prefer to write for Otome games.

Being paid, I wouldn't mind not being paid. But I'm saving up for University! :D So it would be awesome if it was a paying job. If you're interested, let me know! Also if there's anything else you have questions about, PM me :)

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

Re: Writer available :D

#2 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Beg pardon, Milady, but this one has a few things to say.

1) Pick a pay rate. Either ask for money or don't, but never leave it up to the client. Makes it hard to get the money later when you need it.

2) First thing at that University, English composition classes. I don't know offhand where in the world you live, but you're overly wordy in some spots, and skimp in others. Hemingway loved the "Iceberg" approach, but you vacillate between Hemingway and Tolstoy. Pick something, and stick to it. That said, the extremes aren't necessarily the way to go.

3) VNs by their natures are heavy on dialogue-- page after page after page. Looking at what you have for a sample, there's piles of descriptive, which is nice if you're working on a book, and absolutely heaven for your artists. But for a player looking at it, there's nothing here at all. Let's have something from later in this piece, with a set of three talking, two girls and a boy, in prose form rather than in script form. If the average person can still tell who the last speaker is and it all make sense, then you've accomplished something we can use to gauge your skill for your intended purpose.

The good thing is that you can string words together into coherent sentences that do what they intend, and are at least mostly error-free. A good comp class with a Professor that knows his/her business will do you a world of good.

Please note: the word you're looking for in your thread title is a contraction of Who Is (who's), rather than as an external possessive (Whose work is that?) If you have further questions, you're certainly welcome to PM me.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)