CG ARTIST looking for free work

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
purplefinch

CG ARTIST looking for free work

#1 Post by purplefinch »

Hello all, I want to work with someone on visual novel.
Now I am pretty young so this isn't so much professional work but we must start somewhere.
I just want to have some kind of cg job. I feel worthless if I can't at least contribute some of my art because I think it is good stuff. Also, I want to get BETTER. I will do it for free too, if it's a doujin game what's the point of paying?
I can do pixel work as well, but not small icons. Only thing is: I detest moe style. Well, the modern anyways where they look like they are going to melt.

Here is my art, which is a mix of some things and experiments. Sorry, it's not a lot of examples, but I can get the job done. It has a little more than what I've attached.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/purplefinchace/

Click on the full images for bigger size, looks better that way. thanks for checking. Also I attached a work in progress. It has sexy lady lol
I also added new work in progress, just showcasing more.
Attachments
definitely needs work on that arm for sure
definitely needs work on that arm for sure
work in progresso
work in progresso
iotasigmanarivalryRESIZE.png
these girls aint "japanese high school students" just a reminder
these girls aint "japanese high school students" just a reminder
BONXIDECOMPLETEDresize.png
groupdesert_fullblur.png
Last edited by purplefinch on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hugolino
Regular
Projects: Being Thursday

Re: CG ARTIST looking for free work

#2 Post by hugolino »

I love the desert group. :) You tempt me to try to resurrect my script for a story set in ancient Carthage (north Africa).

~Julia~
Regular

#3 Post by ~Julia~ »

Ohhh, someone who can do a 90s style!?

This is some great work that conjures up so much nostalgia, unfortunately my current project would be ill fitted to your wonderful style, so I couldn't offer you a full CG gig ( :< ) but would you be interested in doing a few special illustrations (that will be unlocked during play) as a guest artist?

In the future I would love to do a project that's a love letter of days gone by, because this type of style just simply shouldn't be forgotten.
[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

purplefinch

#4 Post by purplefinch »

hugolino wrote:I love the desert group. :) You tempt me to try to resurrect my script for a story set in ancient Carthage (north Africa).
Thanks for the comment. Yes that is one of my favourite drawings. I used black ink and a paint brush. In fact it is characters from my Babylonian play!
That would be very cool to work on a story set in ancient times especially around africa/middle east ect. I wouldn't mind doing art, since it would help me practice in that particular style as well. You can let me know if you are up to anything
~Julia~ wrote:Ohhh, someone who can do a 90s style!?

This is some great work that conjures up so much nostalgia, unfortunately my current project would be ill fitted to your wonderful style, so I couldn't offer you a full CG gig ( :< ) but would you be interested in doing a few special illustrations (that will be unlocked during play) as a guest artist?

In the future I would love to do a project that's a love letter of days gone by, because this type of style just simply shouldn't be forgotten.
Thanks glad someone appreciates 90s style lol . I try to incorporate it and been practicing it for while now. i hope it doesn't look too out of date though. Anyways, I wouldn't mind, but I need some more info on these special illustrations. PM me? Just hit me up with a message. Thanks!

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#5 Post by leon »

Hey purplefinch!

Your art looks great! If you are still free, we would need an additional CG artist for Dream's Dénouement. It's a collaborative project with a goal of making a large-scale VN. As a free project, members are not paid, but their creativity is allowed to shine here. Members work on their individual modules (miniature VNs or KNs) in little groups and help each other out to bring each piece to completion. Modules of different genres and art styles will be connected with the main overarching story. You can find out more about the concept and our current progress in a link in my signature.

Maelstrom-Fenrir
Regular
Completed: Shadow on the Bridge, Time Labyrinth
Projects: Porcelain Heart, Umbra
Organization: Black Witch Project

#6 Post by Maelstrom-Fenrir »

Wow your art is so cool looking. I love the emotion and feeling you get across in them. If I had something I was deep in, I would ask you to do cg, but sadly (for me highly) I'm not.

Minnfae
Regular
Projects: Undecided

#7 Post by Minnfae »

I just came by to say that your art is really pretty
My avatar art is a freebie by SilverHyena. Thanks a lot!

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#8 Post by AshenhartKrie »

You're art is really amazing. I'm still not sure if I'm going to need a CG artist, but I'll definitely think about asking you if i decide that I can't manage all of them on my lonesome.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Reyire
Regular
Completed: Seraph & Hellion
Projects: Kimeru: to decide
Organization: Kira Kira Candy

#9 Post by Reyire »

Your art is really nice and I'm loving the 90's style as well~ currently I'm working on two VNs but one is a collab and the second I'd like to do on my own. But I am arranging a third, so maybe if you're available in the future? But that would depend on if you mind drawing BxB stuff. ^^
- I play any type of romance VN: BxG, GxB, GxG, BxB. Love is love. -

purplefinch

#10 Post by purplefinch »

Wow, glad people like my art. Didn't expect it.
I'm not interested in boy x boy (I assume that's what BxB is?) yaoi ... lol.

right now I will help Julia with some guest illustrations on her project. However those are just guest illustrations, a few. So yeah I'm still available for the future. Anyone can PM me or msn me too.
I'd like to do work on projects that are going to be finished. :D

Reyire
Regular
Completed: Seraph & Hellion
Projects: Kimeru: to decide
Organization: Kira Kira Candy

#11 Post by Reyire »

purplefinch wrote: I'm not interested in boy x boy (I assume that's what BxB is?) yaoi ... lol.
Aw, oh well. Good luck with your future projects. ^^
- I play any type of romance VN: BxG, GxB, GxG, BxB. Love is love. -

Hiddlestoners
Regular
Completed: Thinking Of You [KN]
Projects: PERPLEXITY [Mystery VN], simplicity [KN,Fluff,GxB,BxG]

#12 Post by Hiddlestoners »

Is it fine if I reserve a spot? I'm not sure how many I need at the moment (probably about 4 at the moment). Of course, I would only reserve the spot if you're fine with making things a bit...bloody? xD
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

purplefinch

#13 Post by purplefinch »

got some work with the Denouement. I guess there can be queue but I dunno o.o lol
will be busy. Thanks for peeps interested :D probably will need to do new work in couple of months though.
By then I'll have improved I guarantee it, if not then I can get kicked 300 movie style.