Date Warp (GxB, commercial - discount details)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
NatsukiDeath
Veteran
Completed: Life's....Complex
Projects: "Another Way VN" , "Phantom of the Opera VN" , "LoveChub?!"

Re: Date Warp (GxB, commercial - discount details)

#61 Post by NatsukiDeath »

SO what is the email ???

I want to get a hard copy >////<~

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#62 Post by papillon »

support@hanakogames.com will do, if that wasn't you writing me earlier :)

if you send me your mailing address (and receipt if you have one) then I can send a request for the right amount

apophenia
Projects: Escape From Nullworld

#63 Post by apophenia »

New here. Greetings, at least a couple of you know who I am. :wink:

Wanted to point out that although I hadn't ever been a huge fan of this medium mostly because I'm kind of offturned by the "animanga" look (it's not that it's always bad, it's just that for me, something has to have a lot of things going for it to get me past the overload factor when it comes to that look; I liked it a lot in the eighties, before anyone had heard of it in America for the most part...) I thought I'd have every reason to hate this game when first I looked at it. Then I noticed some things I did like, and got curious.

Bottom line is that I ended up playing it all the way through and it's fantastic.

The complexity is incredible, the special effect use beats anything I have seen yet in this milieu, and for a lot of reasons personal to me just having to do with my particular tastes and interests, it beats every other Visual/Kinetic novel in this format I've seen yet.

And I have seen a lot of them...mostly since I've studied the format looking for "things to learn to do" and "things I want to avoid doing" gleaned from watching/reading a pile of these things. I have been, off and on, working on one of my own--something far less complex that's done in an entirely different art style, and is more of a psychologic allegory than anything usually done here. (I sadly have to start from ground zero point again since I lost the data for its story and all the sketches for the frames when I had to wipe my HD last year--but maybe it's all for the better, since the allegory has a proper ending now, and didn't really used to.)

But back to Date Warp. I do not usually pay for software since I am on a REALLY fixed income. This is worth paying for. And I have not even seen all the other endings yet! I give it five stars since it really gives a lot of hours of interesting suspenseful story for the price. And the story covers ground usually not covered in these sorts of stories. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so will say no more.

Apophenia (aka Mesila)
Dominate the subversive paradigm!

Xizurin

#64 Post by Xizurin »

papillon wrote:If you're interested in owning a CD copy of the game, I have a few available.

Details are here.

There is a discount for anyone who already owns a downloadable copy of the game. (And if for some reason you wanted to order more than one, like to give presents or something, I'd be happy to do discounts for that too. Just check with me to be sure I have enough left.)
Thats cool! I should ask my friends if they want one. *o*

Miyuki
Regular
Completed: Culina: The Spirit of Cooking
Organization: TangerineTriangle

#65 Post by Miyuki »

Uhm, I know this topic is old but I was wondering if you guys knew that you could get Ending 1 without getting Endings 2 - 11. I haven't gotten ending 11 yet (I haven't figured out how yet x.x) but I did get Ending 1.

I loved it by the way! I was apprehensive about getting the game but I totally bought it because of the sci-fi bundle. Anyway, I think it's great but I don't know why I managed to get ending 1 when I haven't gotten ending 11...

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#66 Post by papillon »

It's actually not required to get absolutely every ending before the true ending, just most of them (enough to explain the backstory). But since the game doesn't tell you when you've actually reached the unlock point most people don't know that.

Miyuki
Regular

#67 Post by Miyuki »

Oh okay I was wondering about that. I just managed to get Ending 11! Haha, I probably shouldn't have played it on and off all day but I couldn't help myself the story was really interesting.

mklinsao

#68 Post by mklinsao »

Just finished Alben's Stone Angels bad ending. Ripped my heart out. </3 I don't usually get emotional over this kind of stuff, but seriously, you just broke my heart.

Good game, my only complaint is
that the endings weren't romantic enough. You know, usually in otome games like this, you get lovey-dovey, borderline-cheesy endings with romantic kisses and promises to love one another forever and whatnot. Here, I would have liked more cuteness. Like, in Alben's good ending, I find out that he and Janet become graphic novelists and debate art. Well, uh, that's great and all, but after playing this decently long game, helping a tsundere emo guy cope with the loss of his twin sister, I expect a little more of an ending. It just ended abruptly. :(
Other than that, very good. I love the characters!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by philip »

@papillon-
Help! Playing through the story, heading toward Bradley's ending 1; when I get to the point where I have to choose "about Bianca" or "about Susan" The choice for Susan is LOCKED, so I cannot get to the good end. What have I overlooked?
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Miyuki
Regular

#70 Post by Miyuki »

philip wrote:@papillon-
Help! Playing through the story, heading toward Bradley's ending 1; when I get to the point where I have to choose "about Bianca" or "about Susan" The choice for Susan is LOCKED, so I cannot get to the good end. What have I overlooked?
You have to get other endings first.
Susan is the path to the true end so it makes sense you need a better understanding of everything else to get there

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#71 Post by philip »

Thanks for the quick response, Miyuki - Oh boy, four down, seven more to go - that should keep me out of trouble for a while.

That aside it is a really well done and well told story!
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#72 Post by silverpikachu99 »

I'd like to know- does this game have an original soundtrack? Or is it just royalty free music? Because if not, I found a game with one of your songs in it.
i'll cry if you yell at me

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#73 Post by papillon »

It's just royalty-free stuff with the exception of the theme tune.

Junesong
Regular

#74 Post by Junesong »

Kawaii! This game is really cool, I absolutely love it, and of course I always fall for the tsundere x3

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#75 Post by papillon »

We have been busy working on a re-release version of this game which is currently in beta-testing.

Everything's been moved into a newer engine, the UI is completely replaced (for a more sci-fi feel) and there's even a couple of new plot events, including a bonus epilogue.

If you've played it previously and would like to help test the Steam release, please contact me with your order information!

If you haven't played before, hang on to your hats, I'll announce when the new version is out properly. :)
Attachments
menushow.jpg