Loren Amazon Princess [RPG, all combos]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
izukwon
Regular
Projects: Saundersi: Level 7

Re: Loren Amazon Princess [RPG, all combos]

#46 Post by izukwon »

Just played a bit of the demo... Aaaand the art style totally captivated me. It's like a mix of DC comics style+anime which is the kind of hybrid I love most. Body proportion is a 5 star, it didn't burn my eyes, haha. I'll be saving money and totally buy this game!
And I heard the ending is also tear-jerking? Another plus point. I love derrrrrrrrrrraamaaa :33

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#47 Post by jack_norton »

The expansion beta should end soon, so hopefully this week it will be available to play as well :)
Also, a sneak peek of the sequel (out LATE next year) new armor. They now look real warriors and not "warrior-strippers" anymore :mrgreen:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

izukwon
Regular
Projects: Saundersi: Level 7

#48 Post by izukwon »

Elenor looks fabulous in that armor, but I hate Saren's red beret :< I think a circlet would be better. It's just that, why would a warrior wear a beret.... It's not like he's a 1940's army....
Aaaand have I told you that Elenor's armor looks fabulous? <3

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#49 Post by LVUER »

The armor looks cool (and yes, it doesn't makes me wonder how they fight in stripper armor anymore). And I agree with izukwon. The beret looks strange and beret doesn't make much of an armor (even at war, soldiers use tactical helmet instead of beret, beret is just an uniform). Especially since the female counterpart wear warrior helmet.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#50 Post by jack_norton »

The various beret/helms are independent from the armors and can be turned on/off since in most RPG people prefer to see the full face of the characters :)
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#51 Post by jack_norton »

http://www.winterwolves.com/lorencastleofnmar.htm
I've officially released the expansion which is now included in the main game (so not a different download anymore). I'm waiting to promote it, even if has been tested a lot, but you never know...! :wink:
computer games

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#52 Post by distorsion »

How do I get the updated version of the expansion without re-paying for it?
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#53 Post by jack_norton »

It's included in the main game now, so you only have to redownload it from the links in the page (filename is LorenRPG.exe/zip/tar.bz2).
computer games

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#54 Post by AshenhartKrie »

OH MY GOD YAY! EXPANSION!
I love love LOOOOVE this game so much, and I totally cried when I realised you couldn't romance Mesphit. The armour is cool.... but the hats. XD Glad that there's the choice to turn it off.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

GreyLadyHelenaR
Regular

#55 Post by GreyLadyHelenaR »

I bought the game, played it. I bought the expansion, played it. And OMG I'm so addicted now! *goes into fangirl mode* I loved the game! Ok, no, that's an understatement. I adored it!♥ The art is sooo beautiful! And the story totally hooked me! I'm already saving money for the sequel. :wink:
The new armors are awesome, just awesome. I think Saren looks cute, but yeah, I agree with LVUER. Oh, and Elenor looks totally gorgeous and badass. ^_^

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#56 Post by jack_norton »

And you haven't seen yet the other outfits. Elenor Thief is my favorite so far. Will post more later in next months :wink:
computer games

Daistarir
Veteran
Projects: History [GxB], Alice Revo
Organization: Kingdom Crown Production

#57 Post by Daistarir »

jack_norton wrote:And you haven't seen yet the other outfits. Elenor Thief is my favorite so far. Will post more later in next months :wink:
Next month ..... I give you 4 days ! >^< /screaming because Elrnor outfit !!!!

Clock

#58 Post by Clock »

I've got the demo downloading now! The art looks beautiful and I love RPG, I'm so excited to play ^^ I just want to thank you guys so much for adding the BxB element; it's my favourite of the genre and BL games can be so hard to find...

So thank you again! You have my love and appreciation!!

NeonCowboy
Projects: Actual Sunlight

#59 Post by NeonCowboy »

I bought and played through this on the weekend. Thought it was really well done! Only two criticisms I would level are as follows:

1. I feel like a lot of things are too closely based on existing fantasy cliches and tropes. My favourite things were definitely the riffs that I wasn't quite expecting... The female dwarf thief, for example, was definitely my favourite character. It's just atypical enough to be charming, and I think it brought out the best in your writing as well... You're an imaginative and creative person who put together this hugely ambitious project, just seems like a shame to waste all that on a wizard that looks like a Gandalf clone!

2. I think it's awesome that you did this in Ren'Py, but is there any way to make it so that right-clicking on the inventory screen brings up stats or information on the items? I found myself instinctively right-clicking on all sorts of things the way that RPGs have conditioned me to, but of course in Ren'Py that just brings up the Ren'Py menu screen... If the sequel could have an interface that follows convention a little more, that would be great...

All that being said, it was a really cool experience and I played it all the way through in basically two sittings - that's a testament in itself.

Great work!
ACTUAL SUNLIGHT: A story about love, depression and the corporation - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#60 Post by jack_norton »

Hehe the Gandalf looking was made on purpose :D so that players could joke about his long beard!
Ok well apart this, with a cast of 13 unique characters (expansion included of course) was hard not to "stumble" into some stereotype/clichè character. In a new RPG that will probably announce sometimes this month there will be more original characters for sure.

About right clicking I'm actually thinking to simplify the interface a lot, since in future might try to port the games on touch devices, things like tooltips or right click wouldn't work really well.

Glad you liked the game! :)
computer games