-----------------------------------

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
silverstez
Regular

-----------------------------------

#1 Post by silverstez »

-------------------------------------------
Last edited by silverstez on Mon May 28, 2018 2:51 am, edited 15 times in total.

silverstez
Regular

Re: Doki Doki Romance~ [GxB]

#2 Post by silverstez »

I wonder if the general reaction is tl;dr...

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#3 Post by Reikun »

The problem is I have to use Creative Commons licensed music...
I don't exactly see how this is a problem :D Music under CC licenses can be very unique and diverse :3 It just takes some digging to get stuff that hasn't been "overused" already.
This is established briefly at the start of the game and as you play you figure out more about it through the teacher Mr.Kazami's teaching.
I see you're using a teacher with a Japanese-sounding name. Does your game take place in the year 2600 region that would be where Japan is today? What area of your world does your story take place?
In addition to this, humans evolved and developed mysterious powers.
The year 2600 is only 588 years from now... not nearly enough time for the human race to evolve, let alone evolve mysterious powers! Are you planning on just defying evolutionary biology in your story, or is there some other (e.g. sci-fi or fantasy) explanation for this rapid and radical change to the human species?
Patience is a virtue!! :)

Other miscellaneous notes:
- Mum's boobs are really saggy looking.... Is this done on purpose?
- Mr. Kazami has no eyebrows?

I can't really help you out with your project in the areas you listed, but good luck working on this! :3
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

silverstez
Regular

#4 Post by silverstez »

Reikun wrote:
The problem is I have to use Creative Commons licensed music...
I don't exactly see how this is a problem :D Music under CC licenses can be very unique and diverse :3 It just takes some digging to get stuff that hasn't been "overused" already.
This is established briefly at the start of the game and as you play you figure out more about it through the teacher Mr.Kazami's teaching.
I see you're using a teacher with a Japanese-sounding name. Does your game take place in the year 2600 region that would be where Japan is today? What area of your world does your story take place?
In addition to this, humans evolved and developed mysterious powers.
The year 2600 is only 588 years from now... not nearly enough time for the human race to evolve, let alone evolve mysterious powers! Are you planning on just defying evolutionary biology in your story, or is there some other (e.g. sci-fi or fantasy) explanation for this rapid and radical change to the human species?
Patience is a virtue!! :)

Other miscellaneous notes:
- Mum's boobs are really saggy looking.... Is this done on purpose?
- Mr. Kazami has no eyebrows?

I can't really help you out with your project in the areas you listed, but good luck working on this! :3
Squeee my first response~~ yes I realise the evolution doesn't really make sense but basically the theory offered in the story is that humans slowly developed it because of the pollution and radiation on the planet, unnatural things developed from it. It hasn't yet been firmly established the consequences of the human race having such powers. I am thinking maybe of getting rid of the future/magic because I think the story is falling apart lol...

Also it is set in Tokyo, the main character is from Osaka (again I think I should just stick with the present day so it is easier to write and more plausible)

Also the mum is supposed to have saggyish boobs because she was based off the main character. I realised after posting I forgot to post a picture of the main character but she looks the same but young and has purple eyes, not blue.

Thanks for your response :)

Oh and I almost forgot the eyebrows thing... yeah I am not very happy with this picture. I am thinking of redoing it, he doesn't look disgusting. Just disgustingly badly drawn lol.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

silverstez wrote: Setting:
The time is set in 2600 though it isn't as radically different technologically as you would expect. Early in this millennium the planet was depleted of resources and polluted beyond belief. In response to this technology has since been less about leisure and more about repairing the damage done to the Earth. This is established briefly at the start of the game and as you play you figure out more about it through the teacher Mr.Kazami's teaching.
It would be interesting to *see* the plot-relevant characters using future tech or magic-like abilities to undo pollution.

Can people in your future world be considered either evolved or ordinary? If so, this could cause a major story conflict. Might end up rather similar to the X-Men franchise (or Scryed, or Zettai Karen Children, or a number of other series).

Are any common patterns of human thought different in your future? Have any world religions died or been created?

...If you don't want to address large issues like this, and if you want to focus on slice of life, then consider setting your story in the near future, rather than the distant future. Or state that all the events are taking place in an alternate world.

silverstez
Regular

#6 Post by silverstez »

gekiganwing wrote:
silverstez wrote: Setting:
The time is set in 2600 though it isn't as radically different technologically as you would expect. Early in this millennium the planet was depleted of resources and polluted beyond belief. In response to this technology has since been less about leisure and more about repairing the damage done to the Earth. This is established briefly at the start of the game and as you play you figure out more about it through the teacher Mr.Kazami's teaching.
It would be interesting to *see* the plot-relevant characters using future tech or magic-like abilities to undo pollution.

Can people in your future world be considered either evolved or ordinary? If so, this could cause a major story conflict. Might end up rather similar to the X-Men franchise (or Scryed, or Zettai Karen Children, or a number of other series).

Are any common patterns of human thought different in your future? Have any world religions died or been created?

...If you don't want to address large issues like this, and if you want to focus on slice of life, then consider setting your story in the near future, rather than the distant future. Or state that all the events are taking place in an alternate world.
I have reconsidered the setting. I think it is too hard for me as a writer and for my first project I have doubts that it will work out. I think I should start a little more simple so I have just omitted or re-written the magic references out of the story (which wasn't that hard so it shows that it shouldn't have been in the story in the first place.)

Reyire
Regular
Completed: Seraph & Hellion
Projects: Kimeru: to decide
Organization: Kira Kira Candy

#7 Post by Reyire »

Hey there, your game looks interesting~ ^^ I'll definitely play it when it's released. Good luck working on it! If you have any programming questions, feel free to PM me anytime. Also, if you're looking for CC music, Jamendo is a very great place to find it. Most of the artists I've come across only require to be credited for use in a non-commercial work. ^^ Hope that helps! Good luck again~
- I play any type of romance VN: BxG, GxB, GxG, BxB. Love is love. -

silverstez
Regular

#8 Post by silverstez »

Reyire wrote:Hey there, your game looks interesting~ ^^ I'll definitely play it when it's released. Good luck working on it! If you have any programming questions, feel free to PM me anytime. Also, if you're looking for CC music, Jamendo is a very great place to find it. Most of the artists I've come across only require to be credited for use in a non-commercial work. ^^ Hope that helps! Good luck again~
I am glad you like it :D
I actually could use some help with slow_text. I have read a lot about it but I just can't make it work. It looks cool but I can't seem to put it in. Could you help me out with that please? I am a programming n00b but I have at least read up on a lot so that helps.

Reyire
Regular
Completed: Seraph & Hellion
Projects: Kimeru: to decide
Organization: Kira Kira Candy

#9 Post by Reyire »

silverstez wrote:
Reyire wrote:Hey there, your game looks interesting~ ^^ I'll definitely play it when it's released. Good luck working on it! If you have any programming questions, feel free to PM me anytime. Also, if you're looking for CC music, Jamendo is a very great place to find it. Most of the artists I've come across only require to be credited for use in a non-commercial work. ^^ Hope that helps! Good luck again~
I am glad you like it :D
I actually could use some help with slow_text. I have read a lot about it but I just can't make it work. It looks cool but I can't seem to put it in. Could you help me out with that please? I am a programming n00b but I have at least read up on a lot so that helps.
I will PM you about it~
- I play any type of romance VN: BxG, GxB, GxG, BxB. Love is love. -

silverstez
Regular

#10 Post by silverstez »

HALP NEED HELP PROGRAMMING!!!!!
I can't use the points system. I keep trying but it doesn't work. I type in hideki >=10 and stuff but it doesn't work D:

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Victoria Jennings »

silverstez wrote:HALP NEED HELP PROGRAMMING!!!!!
I can't use the points system. I keep trying but it doesn't work. I type in hideki >=10 and stuff but it doesn't work D:
You should probably take your problem over to Ren'Py Questions and Announcements. 0:

silverstez
Regular

#12 Post by silverstez »

Victoria Jennings wrote:
silverstez wrote:HALP NEED HELP PROGRAMMING!!!!!
You should probably take your problem over to Ren'Py Questions and Announcements. 0:
It is okay I finally figured it out. Thank you though

kcookiie

#13 Post by kcookiie »

your first story, yay! it looks like you're making good progress.
can't wait to play it when it's released! ^u^ *stalks thread*

silverstez
Regular

#14 Post by silverstez »

kcookiie wrote:your first story, yay! it looks like you're making good progress.
can't wait to play it when it's released! ^u^ *stalks thread*
Yay, I am glad. I have been working really hard and at times lost inspiration but I find it easier to stay inspired knowing there are people keeping an eye on the thread. At the moment I am redoing the sprites because I think I should improve my art. Also the poses are just too stiff. I want to make them look natural :)

I hope that you stick around to see the final product

Thank you for your support

Rin
Regular
Projects: Kaguya-hime, La Cage, Puella Magi Ibuki Magica, The Product of Poison
Organization: Kaguya-hime developer, TwinTurtle, Polymorphic

#15 Post by Rin »

Ooo interesting, I love Jiro design! Also his personality, and he can play guitarrrr *w*
I'll definitely keep my eyes on this! Keep up the good work!