{H} Anyone know where I can download.....

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
Jarkota
Regular

{H} Anyone know where I can download.....

#1 Post by Jarkota »

....things like the "Immoral Studies" games? I've become bored as of late and figured I'd try out some H-games. However, my cash fundage level is at near-zero, so I'd like the responses narrowed to free or EXTREMELY cheap games. Thank you.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

I will just point out that we don't allow piracy around here, so please keep that in mind when responding to this post.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

Freewise, there are the flash games that popup on newgrounds (and some other sites but you can pretty much always find them on newgrounds).

Cheap, you *can* occasionally turn up used copies of h-games in places like ebay, but be very very careful and make sure you see a picture of the box first, because a lot of scumbags sell pirated copies. And in my opinion, buying/selling a pirated copy is a lot worse than pirating - you've spent money and NOT got the real thing, some scumbag has got free money that he has no right to, and the original producer has not gained a customer or any broadening of the market. (Reselling used games is not such a bad thing, see, as it can encourage people to buy originals if they know they can resell them.)

Most old/cheap games I have snagged from people on message boards who didn't want their originals anymore. I could sell you my copy of DOR super-cheap if you wanted, but it's SHIT. :) (And Paradise Heights 2, which is only marginally better, but I'm not sure where my copy of that is. I won it as a prize...)

Actually that could be a place to start - if there are any particular games you want, you could mention them and if anyone here has a copy and is willing to sell it...

Otherwise, dlsite.com downloadable games can be quite cheap, but are also almost always Japanese-only.

Jarkota
Regular

#4 Post by Jarkota »

My bad, Tom. I should have specified that, for free stuff, I wanted ONLY links to things that were DESIGNED as freeware. Trust me; Idon't care for piracy, either.

Papillon, I'm afraid I no longer trust eBay due to those same piracy concerns, as well as others (I won the bidding for what was advertised as "The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time" for N64, and what I got in the mail TWO MONTHS LATER after repeated complaints and e-mails to the seller and eBay was a copy of the original "Link's Awakening for the old black-and-white GameBoy, and half the label was missing; since then, I haven't even LOOKED at eBay).

On to other things: I find that most of the games on NewGrounds are either VERY poorly-made or have good art and engine, but a lackluster story (some are even thinly-veiled clones/copies of other games). So, what, exactly, is this DOR you spoke of? (The only game I know of that uses those initials is WWE: Day of Reckoning for the GameCube.)

Cazel
Regular

#5 Post by Cazel »

I think one of the problems in searching for freeware H games is that most of the people designing freeware games for hentai purposes aren't really interested in anything other than the hentai, whereas most of the people looking to make games with a story aren't necessarily interested in making them H-games.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

Hmmm, when there's a demand, there should be a supply...

...uh, right? :?

No one in these forums has even taken the plunge.

/me starts thinking...

Since I don't write High Literature, I guess it won't hurt...

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#7 Post by mugenjohncel »

You order will be delivered to you in a few months and... (PM sent)

NetGenSuperstar
Regular

#8 Post by NetGenSuperstar »

Didn't Alicesoft release one of their unfinished games for free? I think it was called Shimaima. I'd link to it, but I don't know if that's allowed.

EDIT: I should probably mention that it's only in Japanese. So it's probably not interesting to you story-wise. Though it would surprise me if there wasn't a translation project for it somewhere.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#9 Post by PyTom »

If it's free, it's allowed. We don't mind linking here... we're fairly laid back rule wise.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Sed
Regular

#10 Post by Sed »

Although it isn't free, Rightstuf.com always seems to have some H games at half price. The selection changes each week.

This week they have "Hitomi My Stepsister", "Snow Drop", and "Slave Pageant".

Prices range from $10-$20.

NetGenSuperstar
Regular

#11 Post by NetGenSuperstar »

PyTom wrote:If it's free, it's allowed. We don't mind linking here... we're fairly laid back rule wise.
I meant more along the lines of it being an H-game, although the part of the site the game is on contains no adult content. But if you say it's alright...

This is where it would be. Straight from the creator's site, so I'm sure it's legal.

Jarkota
Regular

#12 Post by Jarkota »

Well, maybe I can translate it in a year or so, NextGen (I'll be taking Japanese in college). :p Thanks for the info.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#13 Post by mikey »

Jarkota wrote:So, what, exactly, is this DOR you spoke of?
I dare think that DOR actually means Door, because I remember something about doors - basically you select three scenarios which are in essence linerar VNs, only the secretary story has 2 outcomes, though I don't really remember it quite well. You can finish the game in under an hour - and the graphics are prehistoric. The story is meaningless, although I think that you'll be able to pick one that suits your taste, they are all easy-going. And I think that it has this "worthless" charm, plus the graphics are from the Xentar-era, so an original CD is IMO really a nice collector's item. But I'm not a collector, so...