Sprite Artist Offering Commission- 2 Slot Open

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
izukwon
Regular
Projects: Saundersi: Level 7

Sprite Artist Offering Commission- 2 Slot Open

#1 Post by izukwon »

Commission reopened \^0^/!

Current clients:
- Wakagana - CG illustrations - Progress 1% (Long term project)

Finished work with:
- Razz - Coloring for Witchwood
- Nellie - Coloring for The Pirate Mermaid

Hello guys, how do you do? My name is Izu Kwon, and I'm an artist. So, I'm not good with introductions, let's get straight to the point :D
I'm offering not-so-cheap commission for making character sprite. The sprite will also come with 5 emotions (normal, smile, embarrassed, sad, angry). And one thing only I could do, I can copy other people's style if you don't like mine. I can copy the simpler anime styled art such as K-On, generic bishoujo/bishonen, Hakuoki, Ar Tonelico, Mana Khemia, you name it, as long as it's not too realistic like Takehiko Inoue style (I can do that too, but I'll probably ask for more payment ^^;). My usual art syle itself,if I could describe it, is similar to You Yoshinari's with a bit of Hoshino Katsura's :D

If you are looking for example, please kindly visit my deviantart page.
or look around my project thread (link in my signature) or my free sketch thread.

Now, why am I doing this?
In fact, I need money to buy a new VGA card for my PC. The old one broke, the fan couldn't move at all. I'm afraid it would damage the whole PC. But I'm broke, so, yeah :'(

What can I do and how much do I charge?
I will draw character sprites for you, in 1080x1400 pixel size, waist up, fully colored, 5 emotions, one stance, in .png format.
For simple shading (like K-on style) I will charge $15 per character, or $10 each if you commissioned me for minimum of 10 characters.
For the other style, I will charge $25 per character, or $20 each if you commissioned me for minimum of 10 characters.
If you want different poses, static one would add an additional $4 (only the hand moves) and $7 for dynamic poses (the character's whole body moves).

Other offers:
- Illustration
- Coloring only
- Lineart only

If you are interested, please PM me so we can further discuss on this :D

Thank you and have a good day :D
Last edited by izukwon on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:24 am, edited 5 times in total.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Sprite Artist Offering Commission- Starts from $5

#2 Post by 15385bic »

WAIST UP FULLY COLOURED FOR $5-10?!!
i think you're selling yourself short. Otherwise you're ultra fast and can do them in minutes
if i was making a VN - i'd totally hire you (except i cant program at all so i have to try art myself >3>)

good luck getting through the flood of pms i'm expecting to occur ;D

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#3 Post by Obscura »

I agree--that's crazy cheap. You have high quality art...it should be going for more. Go ahead and throw rocks at me people, but you know it's true.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

#4 Post by wakagana »

Obscura wrote:I agree--that's crazy cheap. You have high quality art...it should be going for more. Go ahead and throw rocks at me people, but you know it's true.
-furiously tosses pebbles at you-

izukwon
Regular

#5 Post by izukwon »

I don't know if I should put a higher price, unfortunately, I didn't get as much PMs as you have thought, so I don't know if I should raise the price :s And usually I don't spend much time drawing a waist up picture so I'm good with the price (I would be happier if people pays me more though xD)

junna
Veteran
Projects: DreamWalker; History; Adversity Competition

#6 Post by junna »

tempted...soo tempted... but the story is still in the works... TT_TT
and the characters aren't fleshed out any...

I'll pm you once I finally decide.......gahh

in the meantime.
Good luck!
chibi avvie by Meg (buprettyinpink).
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#7 Post by KomiTsuku »

*sits around puffing on his bubble pipe* Normally, I'm one of the few people throwing around money for art commissions, but my assistant has threatened my life should I attempt to commission sprites for another project. Then again, I do so very hate passing up on a good opportunity. Would you be willing to put the sprites I would commission under a Creative Common Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license? I've been trying to increase the number of sprites for open use for the rookies to play and experiment with.

Also, you mentioned illustrations. How much for two characters w/ a complex background?

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#8 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

*Slaps Izukwon as hard as he can*
You are not a $5-10 artist. Your quality is so far above your prices that it's madness.
If you are looking to make money, I would highly recommend raising your prices, and finding more ways to show your art to prospective commissioners.

I would hire you myself, but I've already found an artist that I'm really happy with.

Also, perhaps you should put something about commissions in your signature?
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#9 Post by Nellie »

Joining in the line to tell you to raise your price as well... lol
But if you aren't raising, I'd so hire you for colouring =P

izukwon
Regular

#10 Post by izukwon »

Alright, guys, by popular demand I raised my price a bit (though I feel bad) now let's see if raising the price means raising the customers' interest too lol

@junna: I raised the price though. I hope you're still interested.

@KomiTsuku: I'm fine with the license, basically I'm fine with whatever my art would become after it's in the commissioners' hand lol And my illustration price would depend on the details. Usually it's around $40 for 2 people and not so complex background (I can't draw Ar Tonelico tower for example :s)

@TrickWithAKnife: You, mister, are the one responsible that I raised my price *doesn't like to be slapped nevertheless so hard* And thanks for the tips ;)

@Nellie: Aww I raised my price just now you're one to blame as well. Still interested 8D

BTW, I'll close the commission once one more person come in to the line (I already got 2 packs of orders now).

junna
Veteran
Projects: DreamWalker; History; Adversity Competition

Re: Sprite Artist Offering Commission

#11 Post by junna »

Since I'm tempted about the CG/illustration part, I have no problems about the price...but I can't ask you to do something that's still castles in the air. soo, sorry, not this time.

however izu...if you do reopen your commissions again in the near future. I'll be there hounding you.
chibi avvie by Meg (buprettyinpink).
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#12 Post by KomiTsuku »

izukwon wrote:Alright, guys, by popular demand I raised my price a bit (though I feel bad) now let's see if raising the price means raising the customers' interest too lol

@KomiTsuku: I'm fine with the license, basically I'm fine with whatever my art would become after it's in the commissioners' hand lol And my illustration price would depend on the details. Usually it's around $40 for 2 people and not so complex background (I can't draw Ar Tonelico tower for example :s)

BTW, I'll close the commission once one more person come in to the line (I already got 2 packs of orders now).
Well, I'll have to pass for now. I should be focusing my limited funds on Rising Angels anyway.

izukwon
Regular

#13 Post by izukwon »

KomiTsuku wrote:
izukwon wrote:Alright, guys, by popular demand I raised my price a bit (though I feel bad) now let's see if raising the price means raising the customers' interest too lol

Well, I'll have to pass for now. I should be focusing my limited funds on Rising Angels anyway.
See, raising the price really gave the thread a negative feeling xD
Oh, well, I'll always be here if you changed your mind. And by the way, I'm always available for haggling ;)
Last edited by izukwon on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#14 Post by Nellie »

I'll send you PM about colouring :3

Looks at workload... 50++ CGs left to colour... Yep yep, needs some help lol xD

izukwon
Regular

#15 Post by izukwon »

@Nellie: Alright, though I won't be available until tomorrow if you want a fast respond. There's a paper that's due tomorrow and I really should finish it now or I won't be able to go to sleep :/ (and it's 12.12AM here :/)

And thus, my commission is temporary closed. Thanks for the business guys :D