Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

Re: Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

#31 Post by Arowana »

Ah! I played this demo when it first came out, but never commented because I didn’t have an account at the time. So terrible, I know. So I’m glad I saw this thread again, because I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your game!

The effort you put into the presentation really shows. I love the glassy-themed GUI and backgrounds (I had no idea you could use Google SketchUp to do such nice backgrounds – and they go so well with your characters, too!). It’s very impressive, especially given that you seem to be working mostly by yourself.

My favorite part, though, was your dialogue and characters (I love your sense of humor!). First of all, I must say that I am a total Alden fan! I’m a sucker for the sweet and shy guys (plus ponytails!), and Alden was really cute imo. I’m guessing one reason he’s not as popular as the other guys is that he’s too nice and reserved to really banter with Iris, so his interactions with her aren’t as funny. Or maybe people didn’t like how Iris was obsessing over him at the beginning? I actually thought all those parts were hilarious (though maybe it helps that Alden was my favorite as well), so to each their own.
Also, Alden doesn’t seem to appear at all on the second day? I tried running through all the choice combos to meet with him, but he was always out of town. Aw, come back already, sweet shy guy – I want to spend my day with yoouuu! <-- totally emphasizes with Iris
As funny as they were, I actually kind of wanted to smack the other two guys at times (hides from all the Seth and Devlin fans). But I’m obviously in the minority and I can see why other people like them so much – we just have different tastes.
It’s just that Seth was a bit too passive-aggressive for me (though I get where he’s coming from - unrequited love sucks), and Devlin was a pure jerk imo. Though I did feel a twinge of “aw, he’s not so bad” when he said Iris was a nice girl. Too bad he had to ruin it immediately afterwards by cursing at me lol. Oh Devlin, I get that you probably have a crappy home life, but that’s no reason to take it out on your only friend. I’m sure you will give him a good redemption story, though. :)
Some small nitpicks –

I noticed a couple typos and misspelled words. If you haven’t found anybody to proofread it yet, I would be happy to replay the game and write down any errors I see.

I wasn’t expecting all the descriptions of actions to be italicized. Like if Iris was saying “I walk down the hall and see Devlin,” it would be in italics. Usually, I only associate italics with the main character’s thoughts, but perhaps it’s just a personal preference?

Lastly, the CG was pretty, but the painterly coloring style with the visible strokes seemed a bit out of place compared to the more solid coloring of the sprites and backgrounds (does that make any sense? sorry, I’m not sure what the real art terminology is!) I can’t really fault you, though, because it’s a lot of art to do on your own, so it makes sense to split up the work. And once you have multiple artists, it can be hard to match styles and stuff.

At any rate, I should probably stop rambling. Congrats on a sweet demo, and I hope to see the final game soon! Good luck!
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

Veniae
Veteran

#32 Post by Veniae »

Hey, I'm curious: what program did you use to make the GUI? xD

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#33 Post by GlassHeart »

@Veniae
I used mostly photoshop with a little paintool sai for the main menu characters.

@Arowana
Yay, Alden has a fan! As I said before, he will appear more in the later days so don't worry. ^^
I'm glad to see people have different tastes and I don't expect everyone to love every character - that would be absurd. I just want as many people as possible to like at least one of them.

When the game is ready I'll probably write on the forums asking for beta testers as well as proofreaders, but until then I'm still making changes to the dialogues and such, so I think it's better to wait a little more. Anyway, thanks for your offer and for taking the time to write a comment. It means a lot to me :)
Image Image

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#34 Post by Arowana »

Haha yeah, I don't think there could ever be a character that everybody likes. I think I just feel the need to stick up for Alden because the other two seem more popular. Underdogs for the win! :D

Good luck with finishing the game! I look forward to seeing it once it comes out. :)
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

DragonaTalon127

#35 Post by DragonaTalon127 »

Let me just say I usually don't play demo games before their released because I like to wait for the real thing. But the art and description just drew me in to the point where I had to play it >.<. I absolutely loved the art. It's perfectly my taste. The characters are well done also. I can't wait for you to release the full game! Just keep going! =)

inahochama
Regular

#36 Post by inahochama »

Is this completed? Is it? Is it? IS IT? I WANT MOAR!!!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#37 Post by WickedRaccoon »

:cry: pleaaaaaaase tell me this is still in progress and not dead!!!!i played the demo and it was amazing,so i would be sad if it was abandoned

Heartless-Star
Regular
Projects: The legend of Mythril.
Organization: Spirited☆Soul

#38 Post by Heartless-Star »

*ME GUSTA FACE* Me like... :3

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped

#39 Post by GlassHeart »

The project isn't dead, I've just been having some personal issues. After a long break it's hard to start working again. So much time has passed since I started this (a year and a half!) and I began to have all these doubts that nothing was good enough, that I could've done so much better. I felt too embarrassed to contact the people who at one point said they would help me. Maybe some of you can relate to this.

But I think it's close to being finished now (95% I dare say). Today I replayed Seth's routes a few times and everything looked fine. I'll do the same for the other characters too, but it's hard to spot my own mistakes. If anyone is interested in beta testing/proofreading/editing/anything else, please tell me. I need other people to check if the expressions match the lines being said (because I edited scenes at random, I fear I forgot to add expressions to some of them), if all the flags are working properly, etc.. Someone who would be willing to replay the game many times would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone is still looking forward to this game, I'm really sorry it took so long. orz
Image Image

nancie
Regular

#40 Post by nancie »

I've been stalking this game since you released the demo. I would be happy to help out with the beta run through to check all the changes.

GlassHeart
Regular

#41 Post by GlassHeart »

Thank you! I've never been so happy to be stalked before :lol: I'll send a PM right away with details and a download link. More people are welcome to join, the more the merrier. ^^
Image Image

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#42 Post by KittyKatStar »

I wouldn't mind betaing/proofreading as well. ^^v I enjoyed the demo.

GlassHeart
Regular

#43 Post by GlassHeart »

The full game is out now, download it here http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=17222.

Thanks for beta-ing KittyKatStar, Nancie and WickedRaccoon!
Image Image

chiharuchi
Regular

#44 Post by chiharuchi »

You have no idea how much I enjoyed your game. I have been on this website dozens of times and this is the first time I registered, because I wanted to tell you how amazing it was for me. I really love the heroine's attitude, and I think it's probably how you are? It's AWESOME. I really look forward to seeing more of that. It makes me wish there is one the same as that but with different stories and characters.

I love you! It's really great, keep up the good word, don't care what anyone else say, it's awesome. XD

That came from a picky person, you know. :3

chiharuchi
Regular

#45 Post by chiharuchi »

Can I comment again that this game is really great that I, for the first time, recommended this game to my boyfriend. He doesn't have the same passion as the serious relationship I have with Otome games BUT I recommended it anyway because this game is so o so much fun. I've played it for several times before and I'm playing (prob the whole game / routes) again, now, currently, at this second and I just want to thank you for making this game, really. I'm quite picky and I don't normally comment or make reviews. I really love this game, rather, I love you- *Whispers* Marry me- Uh, ahem, yes, I had tons of fun playing the game and laughters. *Smooch laptop* Keep up the good work. Plus, keep in mind that everyone have different tastes. Maybe lemon is delicious to you but gross to another. I hope you'll be able to make the games YOU want to make and not just what the fans want to see. There is always room for improvement but it is your story. :3