[BxB/Horror] Water's Edge !demo re-release in Oct/Nov!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Joey
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

Re: [BxB] [Horror] Water's Edge

#31 Post by Joey »

@Ginger: Thanks for the feedback! We won't disappoint! ... I hope. >.<

@silenteve: Great minds think alike, there's actually going to be a scene later on that's kind of like that... :X Good going! But Kanda is actually unobtainable (at the mo), so far when he appears he's just there to move the story along really xD;

@Egressus: Thanks for the feedback!

I actually did have trouble with the placement of the sprites and originally Ishikawa was supposed to be on the right; however his eyes are actually looking rightwards even though his body is placed leftwards, so it actually looks better (in our opinion) when he's put on the left. Then he looks more like he's looking at Nagisa/the other people around. Basically for him (and Nagisa, his eyes actually point leftwards) we followed their eyeline rather than where their body was facing. :X

Case in point:
test2.png
Regarding the text thing, that's also a personal choice of ours. I think I addressed it a couple of times in the previous thread because some people also didn't find it to their taste, but we've also had some people who liked it so I think we're going to keep it that way. :X Sorry. >_< There WILL be a click-to-continue indicator in the actual game, so it should make things slightly easier. You can always increase the text speed to near-max?
Image (devblog) || devtwitter | devtumblr

Egressus
Veteran
Projects: Things Not Seen

#32 Post by Egressus »

It's understandable, the choice thing :)
Don't worry about it. I'll live. I've seen worse.

No offence, but sometimes it looks like they're having a fight and refuses to look at each other. ^^;
But it's just a suggestion though-- it's not like other people have complained about it.
It's an amazing game anyway. (Too bad the demo's short)
Hiatus of hiatuses

Joey
Regular

#33 Post by Joey »

@Egressus
Thank you for the feedback nonetheless (: in any case we're planning on having 2nd poses for all the MCs, so chances are in different poses things won't look so odd.

Since I haven't posted here in so long, I'll summarize things I've done to the game:
1. Changed the dialogue -- now Nagisa's narration doesn't have ()s appended, it's just plain text. When speaking people's dialogue are bounded by ""s and thinking is bounded by ()s instead.
2. Started working on new UI design. I'm really unhappy with the current things; chances are the UI will look completely different in the final product.

That's about all I can say really xD;

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#34 Post by WickedRaccoon »

do you guys have an estimated release date?

Joey
Regular

#35 Post by Joey »

@WickedRaccoon: Whoops! Not at the moment! We are really busy now with school and a major national exam... Story-and-writing-and-programming-wise we have gotten a lot done already but we don't have a lot of time to work on graphics/GUI, plus editing backgrounds and CGs. Basically, we can't very well say as of yet.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#36 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Joey wrote:@WickedRaccoon: Whoops! Not at the moment! We are really busy now with school and a major national exam... Story-and-writing-and-programming-wise we have gotten a lot done already but we don't have a lot of time to work on graphics/GUI, plus editing backgrounds and CGs. Basically, we can't very well say as of yet.
oh crap,national exam?man,i hate it.i understand the amount of work it takes and the stress it gives you,took 'em last year.it's literally a pain in the butt.still,it pays off well in the end.so wish you all the best of luck!!!!!

Joey
Regular

#37 Post by Joey »

@WickedRacoon: Yeah, they're the pits D: We're not taking them till next year, but there's gonna be lots of intense studying involved... which I'm going to try to shirk :'D

ANNOUNCEMENT: There is going to be a major graphics upheaval (for the third time!!!!!1!!!1! oh god) so don't be alarmed! Here is a teaser for anybody who still remembers our game :'3

We are going to release an updated demo with lots of fixed stuff and a proper GUI in October-November. Maybe some extra content as well. Look out for it :')

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by try10 »

Looks very good. I can't wait for the new demo to be released. :D

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#39 Post by AshenhartKrie »

I'm not normally a fan of horror, partially due to a few horrifying experiences of my own, but this is actually one of the few horror games that interest me... actually I lied... I do like horror XD I can play Amnesia the whole way through without jumping....not that it's a major feat or anything[/] but anyway most horror I don't like, but this looks really interesting... AND I turned a full circle there, didn't I?
Anyway, my stupidness aside, even though I haven'tplayed the demo - I'm currently banned from downloading things, and I may as well wait for the revamped one if it's coming out - I really do like the look of it already.
Maybe for your cute scene, if you guy's are still looking for ideas, you could have one where Nagisa is sort of huddled in a corner freaking out about all the water and one of the romanceable guys comforts him in their own way.
The UI (that's the menu screens right?? XD) looks cute to me, but I guess it's up to you if you change it. (Keep in mind I've only seen the start menu screen -_- so...yeah)
I don't see a problem with the sprite placement, but I have no design sense whatsoever, so it's not usually wise to listen to me. However in that screenshot, they do look a little bit nervous.
I hope my rather sloppy feedback helped a little bit.
Good luck and I can't wait to try it.
Oh and It's BxB *squee*
i seriously love you for making it BL.
Right. I'm shutting up now.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#40 Post by Reikun »

Joey wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT: There is going to be a major graphics upheaval (for the third time!!!!!1!!!1! oh god) so don't be alarmed! Here is a teaser for anybody who still remembers our game :'3

[pretty picture]

We are going to release an updated demo with lots of fixed stuff and a proper GUI in October-November. Maybe some extra content as well. Look out for it :')
YAAAHHH!!! Thank goodness, an update *U* GUYS I'M SECRETLY A HUGE FAN OF THIS PROJECT The new lineart looks awesome! Just be sure this graphics upheaval is your last..? xD;;; And yay for an updated demo soon! Will to live has been restored I will definitely look forward to it!!

I wanna draw fanart for your guys OTL But I'm busy argh..........
/stalksoff
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Niki
Regular

#41 Post by Niki »

Sorry for the numerous art-related changes guys! Art improvement -- though a good thing -- is the bane of spriting/CG-ing ORZ
Um, I guess a good thing would be that I'm a fast worker, so (hopefully!) there won't be much delay before the revamped demo ;D Revamp-wise, I've gotten about 10% done in a day or so, so look forward to seeing more new sprites ^_^

I PROMISE THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME. EEK i'm really a perfectionist when it comes to this agh

Thanks for all the support <3

@Reikun: DO IT! It would be an honor *_*
Image (devblog) || tumblr

Joey
Regular

#42 Post by Joey »

New Nagisa! Opinions? (Atsushi and Ishikawa will have multiple poses too n_n)

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#43 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Joey wrote:Image
*_* me see,me like!!!!

Nierna0987
Regular

#44 Post by Nierna0987 »

I LOVE these eerie feeling games!
I can just tell I am going to keep my eyes on this game *O*
I can't wait to play the completed version!!

Joey
Regular

Re: [BxB/Horror] Water's Edge !demo re-release in Oct/Nov!

#45 Post by Joey »

New Atsushi and UI!
prev.png
prev2.png
Showing off their 2 different poses \o/ Ishikawa is in the works. Meanwhile, follow our Tumblr (Tumblr is down now u_u) for tiny updates that we don't want to spam the dev blog with!