Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Aedin
Regular

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1516 Post by Aedin »

MusicaFate wrote:Fufufu :D I actually did that with my friendos. :D During the summer, we went to a random JC Penny and we had the guys crossdress. ;A; it was saddening because most of the guys had broad shoulders. </3
During prom season, my friends and I will go to department stores and pick out dresses for the guys, just for shits and giggles.
They don't complain though.
Sad thing is, some of them look better than we did.
"There’s no shame in pleasure, Mr. Gray. You see, man just wants to be happy, but society wants him to be good. And when he’s good, man is rarely happy, and when he’s happy he is always good."

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#1517 Post by Victoria Jennings »

I'm... kinda starting to lose hope in everything. I':

I just recently found out about STFU, Homophobes, and I've been digging through their archives 87 pages so far, but in my defense, I've been skimming over most of it...

At first, I felt unbelievably happy discovering others who actually shared my opinions. Not just that gay/bi/trans/ace/poly/etc. people deserve all the rights and recognition straight people do, but the how deep the matter actually goes, encompassing not only sexual orientation, but gender, race, and faith as well. The us vs. them mentality that creeps into almost everything for everybody.

...And then, I realized that as much as people try and downplay the -isms, and reassure me and others that they're are no longer "things", they are. They really, really are. And that probably won't change for a long, long time. It might not ever completely change, and the only thing I can do in the meantime is maybe contribute to some alternative media that isn't gay-themed, but isn't hetero/gender/race-(?)normative either.

Then again, if it turns out I'm a horrible storyteller and writer, it won't even matter. And even if I am, I'm still only one person.

...I feel I didn't articulate my rant very well. Whatever.

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#1518 Post by ThisIsNoName »

This isn't addressed to anyone in particular, but anytime I'm feeling down in the dumps, I watch this video.

Faith in humanity: restored.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#1519 Post by PyTom »

ThisIsNoName >>> I embedded the video for you, so more people will see it.

So, I'm getting ready to buy a newer car. I fixed a problem with my car (the check engine light was on due to a new gas cap). I take it to the car wash to get it clean. When I get it home, I go to adjust the seat, and it's jammed up.

Dang.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#1520 Post by Mink »

DeeKay wrote:
Mink wrote:...So yes, I'll probably make a terrible girlfriend for someone I haven't known a long time, because otherwise I'd be like, "You'll be okay'd to touch me in about...3-5 years. What about sexytimes? AH-HA-HA-HA never. 8|"
Call me innocent, naive or whatever, but I'd probably be fine with it. When I'm serious about a girl, I'd be more focused of her feelings than my own, that might explain why I don't have a girlfriend. It could end up being dangerous for me depending on the situation so... yeah ^^'
Yeah well, most guys/chicks want to have sex at some point, so I'd rather just not date than inevitably get cheated on and have to burn all their stuff.

Actually, I read this article where this guy was talking about how he wanted to date, but didn't want to have sex. I was like, "WHY DON'T YOU LIVE NEAR ME?!"
Victoria Jennings wrote:words
Aw, you wanna talk over Skype? Because I think I added you after you gave it to me for Collective.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

junna
Veteran
Projects: DreamWalker; History; Adversity Competition

#1521 Post by junna »

My computer decided it would like to go and auto-update without my consent...WHILE I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ASSIGNMENT!
TT_TT I lost 1000 words that not even auto-recover was able to recover.
*sigh*
once more!
chibi avvie by Meg (buprettyinpink).
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#1522 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Okay, this is going to sound really ignorant and whiny of me, but I don't care.

TABLETS ARE HARD ; ~ ; </3 *somehow thought they would be simple*

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#1523 Post by RunicV »

Victoria Jennings wrote:Okay, this is going to sound really ignorant and whiny of me, but I don't care.

I was just about to say that here. I AGREE!!! "OTL It's way to hard for me...! I'm so ashamed of myself right now, I can't even draw something on a tablet without it looking like crap. >_<

I don't get how they can do their lines so quickly and smooth. They just wave it in a stroke, and BAM! lovely piece of lineart. I hate lineart. D: But yet I can't do without them...
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

junna
Veteran
Projects: DreamWalker; History; Adversity Competition

#1524 Post by junna »

Victoria Jennings wrote:Okay, this is going to sound really ignorant and whiny of me, but I don't care.

the only thing I could tell you to do is...practice. It really is about getting used to the quirks of your tablet. example...mine hates GIMP enough that he doesn't want to do anything with GIMP unless I plugged my tablet in before I started GIMP...
And he only has so much surface area...so I tend to draw stuff piecemeal. Eyes, arms, hair, then clothes...etc
chibi avvie by Meg (buprettyinpink).
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

Endorphin
Veteran

#1525 Post by Endorphin »

I missed my heels.
You know, I wear these adorable red shoes in daily life, but it got annoying.
While friends just told me that they liked my shoes, going to town was just... pff.
Guys were constantly hitting on me (worse than before--it's nothing personal, most of them are just drunk) and girls started to whisper to each other every time I passed.
I honestly don't know what annoyed me more.
It makes me nervous when I just want to buy some food at the supermarket but I can't even reach it before some boy starts to sing "you're sexy and you know it".
(Well, still better than these boys in front of the supermarket. They wore black bags over their heads and one of them gave me a slap on my butt with a battledore. Why is this town so weird?!)
The thing is, my shoes aren't even extravagant or something. They are normal, 10,6 cm/4,2 inch heels and I walk normally in them (I mean, I can run in them).
I just don't get why people always have to comment on things I do or wear. o_O
(Somebody from the supermarket once told my mother that I have a special way of dressing, while I'm just wearing normal clothes. I don't get it.)
So, I was tired of this and wore my old shoes for a while--and things actually quieted down, wtf?

However, I just tried them on again to see if maybe my way of walking is weird, which wasn't the case.
And then I noticed how much I missed them. ;___;
(It's just more comfortable to walk in these shoes. <3)
I just decided that people who don't have better things to do but talking about my life are not worth my attention anyways.
Father was right when he told me I should just wear whatever I like--and flat shoes were never my case.
(And what's with everybody wearing sport shoes? I'm not even sporty. D:)

/shoe ranting = off

Well, that's what I say now. I'll probably complain in a few days about the unwanted attention. :'D

- R.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#1526 Post by Camille »

Auro's been sending me sketches for CGs and tints for the sprites in BCM and I really want to throw myself at coding them because I'm kind of a completionist that way and seeing all this art is making me feel really excited and motivated, but I still have so much writing to do if I want to finish on time. On top of that, I've got two exams next week. One of my upper level courses is taught by a professor who "doesn't believe in multiple choice tests" so I have to study everything as if I'll be writing essays over all the material... And the material is quite dense. D:

So I'm finding myself in this annoying position of having to choose between coding and writing and then, even after choosing, only being able to work on our VN until a certain time in the day because I need to give myself enough time to study, too. I'm sure time management is a common problem for everyone, but it's times like this where I really wish there were two or three of me to finish everything I want to work on. XD; So much to do, so little time... I'm used to throwing myself at my VN work with reckless abandon, so struggling with time management, writers' block, and self-confidence issues over the last few months has been really difficult for me.

Ahhh it feels nice to rant. XD

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#1527 Post by Mink »

There's a movie coming out that I can't remember the name of. It's about some kind of demon/supernatural/Slender Man guy who's apparently known as the stealer of children. There's like a part of the trailer where a man goes up into an attic, sees a bunch of kids with sacks over their heads, then the evil child stealer eater dude suddenly leans down into his face.

I wish I could remember what that movie was called. It's really bugging me. 8C

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw a trailer for it.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#1528 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Huh, at first I thought you were talking about The Tall Man. (Only the guy isn't as supernatural) Reading the part of the guy existing in images reminds me of the Doctor Who episode. Where any picture, film, drawing, or any type of image in general would become a weeping angel. (And now I'm afraid of angel statues that hide their face)

Got so happy that I wasn't sick anymore after a whole week....then just a couple days later I wake up sick. Again. Just great....more nights of being unable to sleep due to a stuffed up nose.
ImageImageImageImage

jghibiki
Regular
Projects: Dream's Dénouement, Unannounced RPG framework, Renpy-Safe Logger
Organization: Team Anarky
IRC Nick: jghibiki

#1529 Post by jghibiki »

Mink wrote:There's a movie coming out that I can't remember the name of. It's about some kind of demon/supernatural/Slender Man guy who's apparently known as the stealer of children. There's like a part of the trailer where a man goes up into an attic, sees a bunch of kids with sacks over their heads, then the evil child stealer eater dude suddenly leans down into his face.

I wish I could remember what that movie was called. It's really bugging me. 8C

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw a trailer for it.
I saw the trailer for that the other day when I went to see Resident Evil: Retribution, there was also a trailer for the movie Mama, which looks like its going to be a Ju-On/Grudge clone with a more American spin on it. :D

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

#1530 Post by Tetiel »

@Ryouko
It's because when you wear heels as opposed to flats, your posture changes. You almost can't slouch and it makes your chest size look a bit bigger as well as changes the muscle definition of the leg in what is deemed attractive. Oh, and it pushes the butt out lol. Basically, it forces you to be in a wasp-like posture. So yeah, it's not that your heels are fancy or anything, it's that you're wearing heels at all.

I'm surprised you feel more comfortable in heels, though. I mean some shoes are okay for me, but heels usually make my feet hurt pretty bad after a few hours.