Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
gulabji

Re: Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

#31 Post by gulabji »

I really enjoyed playing this :) I thought it was engaging, and a lot of fun. I've only gotten one path so far, but I plan on trying to get the others.

Really great game :D

mohammed22

#32 Post by mohammed22 »

downloading now..feedback later

INtheOpen512

#33 Post by INtheOpen512 »

Okay... I wasn't planning on commenting (I'm sorry; I'm just so lazy xD), but after playing through it once, I just couldn't hold it in! (And I've never commented before, so please bear with me.)

So, once I saw all their personalities, I was almost instantly like:
NOPE. Sorry Seth. Sorry Alden. DEVLIN is to amazing to put off. :lol:
And so, I played through and got
Ending #6: Surprise!
Now, before I get to the ending, I wanna talk about the game a little.
The thing I love the most is the way the game made me laugh. I LOVE all the anime references, and things like Seth's comment about fanfiction (it's a serous business, lol). The game itself was really well paced and had good character development. Although the "roles" of the guys were common, they were still interesting, and (since I only played Devlin's path), Devlin was so... I have no words to express my feels. XD
There were some spelling errors, like near the end, Devlin said "shouldn've". And also, when I tried to save my game near the end, it wouldn't let me; just kept saying there was an error.
But other than that, the game was VERY enjoyable. The heroine was likeable, and thankfully not like Ruby from Cosmo Riders, was it? I'm sorry if it was wrong. :P

It made me laugh probably every 5 screens, and the ending I got was just so sweet, in the non-cliched way (which is GREAT).
Overall, I LOVED the game, *cough*and Devlin*cough* and I'll definitely play it to get all the endings. How many are there?
And I'm not sure if I'll comment after I play it again, but seeing that I enjoyed just one path so much, I probably will. (And I especially want to go for Seth this time. xD)
And so, amazing job on the game, and hope to see more! ^^

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#34 Post by GlassHeart »

Feedback makes me so happy! :mrgreen:

@nipaa_kazuma I uploaded a new version. There were some characters that may have caused the problem and I replaced them. Hopefully it solves the problem.

@aestate
About the menu animation thing at the bottom... it's just a simple transformation moving the shadow from left to right ^^ it's transparent to it seems like it's a shadow, but really it's in front of the words.

I'm glad you liked the writing. I tried to make the dialogue as much fun to read as possible since it is the driving force of the game.
You're probably right about Alden. He seems like the "true ending" char, but from the start I knew the point of the game was for Iris to figure out she didn't know him at all. She was in love with the image in her mind instead of the actual person.
Thank you for all the kind words! *jumps up and down clapping like a kid*

@KittyKatStar My favorite beta-er to the rescue. I wanted to do a step-by-step, but that should be enough for those who played through the game a few times ^^
It's actually 12-15 now, I lowered the bar a tiny bit.
@otomegirl24 You're very welcome. I'm glad you played enough to find the secret. I knew it would come in handy. :D

@nancie Thank you. I think it was the foreign characters like you said, but hopefully I took them all out.

@edeltine14 It's so nice hearing encouragement. *heart explodes with joy* I think Iris has too much backbone sometimes. :lol:

@aya001 Good luck finding all the endings. I actually might make some more games in the future and now that I have more experience I might finish them faster :D

@ INtheOpen512 You got Devlin's best in the first try? I'm impressed ^^ I'm glad you liked it and didn't think it was too cheesy. hehe. If it is possible to be in love with your OCs, then I totally love him. :lol:
There are 10 endings btw. Look in the gallery to see what you've unlocked.

@ gulabji Glad you liked the game. Good luck finding all the endings!
Last edited by GlassHeart on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#35 Post by Victoria »

I really loved playing it, especially considering I kept laughing at some Seth's and Devlin's jokes - they're both hilarious! You should really keep making games, I'll definitely look out for them =)
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#36 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

It's working =D !
Thank you very much and sorry for all the troubles.
You're so great ! *Very very very happy*

Thanks to nancie too for the advice.

Daistarir
Veteran
Projects: History [GxB], Alice Revo
Organization: Kingdom Crown Production

#37 Post by Daistarir »

It's finish !
Can't believe it !!! *Scream*

DangoRiceBalls
Regular
Completed: Take a Breath, Kami Cho, and that's it :P
Projects: Kuroi Tsubasa
Organization: Dango Productions

#38 Post by DangoRiceBalls »

Really good! Mucho happy-o. [x
It's cuuute. The characters are smoking~
-HAWT
Selling chewy, tasty, mochi for 1 penny each!

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#39 Post by AshenhartKrie »

I want my Devlin!
Haha, I only played it once, just then (I got ending four), I'll probably play later, but I really like it, especially all the characters, although I found Alden to be a bit.... boring. XD
Can I be lazy and ask for a walkthrough for Devlin's path??? please?
XD

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

NeryNight
Regular
Projects: Love Struck (GxB)
Location: A small apartment, in a small city, somewhere in the planet.

#40 Post by NeryNight »

I really liked your game.
It was fun and simple, but interesting. I really liked Seth's and Devlin's paths, some of the scenes were very funny.
I got every ending except 9. And I'm still wondering WHAT'S UP WITH THE MYSTERY TEXTS?

ixWishing
Veteran

#41 Post by ixWishing »

Oh Goshh!
It finally came out!
I'm hyped to play it <333 .
(It's Almost 3AM here, and I'm still up on a school day, going to play it @_@ )

I'll post again when I finish the whole game <3
- Everlasting Dreams ;

nancie
Regular

#42 Post by nancie »

I'm glad you were able to fix it. I really loved the game too. My favorite was also Devlin, but I loved all the characters and their endings. Ending 9 also took me a while to get but it was well worth it :wink:

GreyLadyHelenaR
Regular

#43 Post by GreyLadyHelenaR »

That was fun! I loved it! :D
I went for Alden first (liked him), then Seth (OMG, so cute!) and finally Devlin (...I.CANNOT.EXPRESS.MY.FEELS...).
Not sure if this should be considered a spoiler, but just in case. The chat was hilarious, and I totally agree with Seth: Fanfics are a serious business. :P The CGs at the end...they were PERFECT. Just perfect. My compliments to the artist.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back and play it again. Great job, you got me addicted. :P

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#44 Post by azureXtwilight »

Played this game and it's interesting! I really like how all the characters sound real and likeable. It has such a lovely GUI that I get to see that a lot of love has been poured to making this game. My favorite character is Alden, although eveyone finds him a bit lacking than others, but in real life he'll be the person I'll be liking a lot! :)

My only nitpick (but it's only my personal) is the jarring differences between the CGs and sprites. While I like the CG art, it's somehow... Inconsistent with the sprite art that shows up most of the screen time. And nooo not another KEVINMACLEOD >_< Ive been hanging out here since 2008 and most of the games back then used his music already. But don't let that bother you! :) It's just a...personal rant.

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#45 Post by GlassHeart »

Thanks for all your comments and reviews. Sorry it took so long to respond, I just don't like commenting after each person because it feels like I'm bumping up the thread, but I do read them.

@ nipaa_kazuma No problem. I'm glad it finally worked.

@ Daistarir This is the reaction I was hoping for whenever I felt down and didn't feel like working on the game. This kind of thought kept me going. :D

@ DangoRiceBalls Thank you! I guess it was worth it to redraw them a billion times. :lol:

@ AshenhartKrie If you really want to walkthroughs are on my blog (sig) but you really should try on your own. To me walkthroughs are a last resort.

@ NeryNight The mystery man is revieled in ending 9.
Just get Seth's good ending (12-15 points) and win the poker bet at his house to unlock it.
@ ixWishing I always do the same thing, playing games at odd hours because I can't wait for the next day. I don't want to be responsible for you sleeping in class though. >_>

@ GreyLadyHelenaR I'm so glad you liked the game and the boys (mine! hahaha). I see you are a fellow Fenris fan (*woot*) so I will let you borrow them from time to time :lol:

@azureXtwilight Thank you so much for reviewing my game. It means a lot coming from someone who has made games of their own. Fantasia was probably the first game I played lurking this forum. Sorry about the music. Not all the pieces were his, but he has so many that it's easier to find something to fit. ^^;
Image Image