Break Chance Memento [RELEASED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
emit

Re: Break Chance Memento [BxB] [Sci-Fi Murder Mystery]

#166 Post by emit »

Wow... those lists are a bit intimidating!

Maybe for the CGs try to mix in different kinds of perspectives and different composition styles? (Like if that picture of Shuuki is a triangular composition, try some other shapes as well) Sometimes tilting CGs to one side or the other is more interesting too, I think.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#167 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Blane, XD I love seeing behind the scene stuff too, which is why I do it. It's fun to see what other people do to create stuff, as well as share what I do as well.

@Emit, I have lists EVERYWHERE. I like being up to cross stuff out and take notes. I should line them up one day and take a photo.
Hmm, that might be a good way to approach it, logically. There is only one in particular at the moment that just seems... wrong right now, not dramatic enough. I suppose that is what the sketching stage is for, right? XD

Right now I've been reading through the script and making two lists for the CGs. One list are things I have to have in the game, and the other is a wish list. I can then cut down or prioritise the wish list as I go so I can include extra pieces. It's hard though, I keep reading the scenes and wanting to draw this one and that one... and that one, and that one, and that one.

myapple
Regular
Projects: RoG2.0, Stirling
Organization: red inc.

#168 Post by myapple »

Hmm used big lists like that seems like a really good idea! :o I wonder what my roomie would do if I taped them all over the wall... ahah XD

I wish I had CG advice but i'm finding them really hard myself @_@ I had to do the sketches for about 10 of them in one PSD and overlap to make sure I didn't accidentally reuse the same composition... /fail

Though now that I think of it, it's interesting to do different effects like you took photographs with different types of lenses. Like where the backgrounds are blended out in various amounts, and there is bokeh.

Excuse me while I go back to drool over your backrounds :'D

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#169 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I found physical lists really help my work flow, though everyone will be different in that respect. They help me feel like I'm in control *u* At work I make list after list after lists of my tasks so I know exactly what I have to do, what I've done, what I'm waiting for.

Ahaha, I gues it's going to be trial and error XD (Though I might make a thread on it because I could use all the help I can get.) It's more than just making pretty pictures since they have to serve a purpose within the story. I'm definitely going to be trying out lots of effects though, they are always fun :3

Speaking of background, there are 2-3 that I want to edit/redo. They are so ugly compared to the rest and I hate them ;____; But I have to get CG stuf done first, I can work on the backgrounds later. I'm taking a brief holiday from work cause I want a break, so I have 6 days off coming up. I'm going to try and get a fair few CGs done in this time.

(Camille has had the wonderful pleasure of dealing with me as a big ball of paranoia and insecurity this weekend. Doesn't that sound like fun?)

Daistarir
Veteran
Projects: History [GxB], Alice Revo
Organization: Kingdom Crown Production

#170 Post by Daistarir »

Chiaki Sorata ?! What are you doing in here ?!
(*oh Zu ! XD You're getting famous !*)

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#171 Post by Camille »

Daistarir wrote:Chiaki Sorata ?! What are you doing in here ?!
Umm... What? ^^;

Daistarir
Veteran
Projects: History [GxB], Alice Revo
Organization: Kingdom Crown Production

#172 Post by Daistarir »

Camille wrote:
Daistarir wrote:Chiaki Sorata ?! What are you doing in here ?!
Umm... What? ^^;
It's my cousin name xD
It's very funny when a guy name Chiaki . -3-

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#173 Post by Camille »

Over the next several weeks, I'm going to be updating the Cyanide Tea blog with more detailed character introductions for BCM so people can get acquainted with the characters before the game comes out. The first post was today and it's all about Chiaki. It goes more in-depth than the profiles that have been released so far, so people who aren't beta testers can finally learn a bit more about him (and the rest later). Hope it's informative and interesting to read! :D

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#174 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

This will be the first of a number of update posts where I show you absolutely nothing. Because I can't. Well, I can, but that would spoil things and I haven't decided what would be okay to show yet. So until then, all you are going to get are number updates.

I've been working on CGs and have actually made some progress. Yay! It should pick up now I think since I'm getting over my little psychological hurdle. Its going to be a little hard to give specific number because I'm doing this weirdly, but let's say I've done three CGs so far and have a couple more sketched out. I have no idea how many there will be in total because a great deal of that depends on what I do and what I can manage to do in the time frame, but I'm going to guess maybe around 24 for Shuuki's half. No idea about Natsume's, I'll see when I get there.
Last edited by Auro-Cyanide on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#175 Post by Blane Doyle »

You are only making me squirm in anticipation even more I swear.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#176 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Now, to show some CG previews (these aren't the same scene by the way). These aren't spoilerish since murder is basically the theme of the game. Hopefully they help to give people an impression of what the game will look like. I'm still fiddling the colours and lights of the CGs as they come up, but so far I have around 4 scenes done. Now I have to pick out what to do next. It actually won't be a murder scene this time. Choices, choices~

Last edited by Auro-Cyanide on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#177 Post by Blane Doyle »

Yes.
Yes I like this.
*rubs hands together* I need this in my life.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#178 Post by Obscura »

This is seriously beautiful! The dramatic element is off the charts.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#179 Post by Hijiri »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Now, to show some CG previews (these aren't the same scene by the way). These aren't spoilerish since murder is basically the theme of the game. Hopefully they help to give people an impression of what the game will look like. I'm still fiddling the colours and lights of the CGs as they come up, but so far I have around 4 scenes done. Now I have to pick out what to do next. I actually won't be a murder scene this time. Choices, choices~

And now we're speaking my language. I have to say, I'm very impressed with that hand. (And Shuuki's expression looks to be excellent as well)
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#180 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Thanks guys :) I must say I am bizzarly happy with the hand too. I know it's just a hand but XD Makes me want to go and touch up the other murder CGs I've done. I'll probably be back to CG work tonight. I was going to take a bit of a break to do some concept stuff for our next project for funnsies, but I kinda already did that, so unless I think of some other character I want to draw I guess it's back to work -u-