Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Carassaurat
Veteran

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#4666 Post by Carassaurat »

@Mink: That's pretty clever, actually, I don't think I've ever seen that before, but it does allow you to see the bigger picture before doing all the painstaking line work. That said, I'm not quite sure remaking CP! already is really a worthwhile effort; you're being more ambitious about it and you have improved, but I don't know if the difference over the summer is that significant.

@kkffoo: Thank you for the kind words, but I'm not really satisfied with how this turned out. Progress is progress, though.

@Victoria: While you're obviously not the new Raphael (yet), I think that what you've got there is more than adequate not to turn anyone away from your VN. Though I'd pick a darker shadow colour for the skin if I were you, it's barely distinguishable from the regular skin colour.

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#4667 Post by wingzofdarkness »

To those who remember my earlier version of this picture, I finally did some editing, i.e: the hair, colors, textures. (Looking back at the earlier version it caused my eyes to bleed~!)

Just showing my progress so far.
Still working on hand and skin/face proportion.
Attachments
Blonde_Delinquent.png

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#4668 Post by Victoria Jennings »

@wingzofdarkness: Holy jeez, that is gorgeous. *_* <3
Carassaurat wrote:@Victoria: While you're obviously not the new Raphael (yet), I think that what you've got there is more than adequate not to turn anyone away from your VN. Though I'd pick a darker shadow colour for the skin if I were you, it's barely distinguishable from the regular skin colour.
Hehe, actually, Fungii's doing the art for collective, not me (though I am doing the art for @lice).

Also, I am guilty of colors that run together a lot. orz for that specific picture, however, I was mainly just using it to demonstrate my style to @lice's creator

...*leaves another 15-minute picture here and scurries away*
Attachments
oh god no
oh god no

kkffoo
Regular
Completed: Tea For Two [KN]

#4669 Post by kkffoo »

@wingzofdarkness love the softness of tone you have achieved with your character image, it is so well finished.

Mangafee
Regular

#4670 Post by Mangafee »

wingzofdarkness, love it!

Whenever I try to paint something without outlines I tend to overdo it with the shadows.... :lol:
It is only when you stop looking for nowhere that you find that such a place exists. It hides within a small stitch in time between here and there, a grain of sand trapped within eternity, forever suspended within that moment of existence.
~*~

...Check out my DA ;) http://mangafeelovesmangas.deviantart.com/

Lost-Guitarist

#4671 Post by Lost-Guitarist »

wingzofdarkness wrote:To those who remember my earlier version of this picture, I finally did some editing, i.e: the hair, colors, textures. (Looking back at the earlier version it caused my eyes to bleed~!)

Just showing my progress so far.
Still working on hand and skin/face proportion.
This is gorgeous! So pretty!

Carassaurat
Veteran

#4672 Post by Carassaurat »

So I noticed the Banner Saga doesn't use shading for its sprites, and I wanted to give that a try. Here are my results:

I think it works, but it's not particularly pretty, and shading would have been nicer. A lesson is learned, which means I didn't waste my evening!

Pixel_Linked

#4673 Post by Pixel_Linked »

Her name is Tottie. She's a scare-crow.

AmethystxRose

#4674 Post by AmethystxRose »

Pixel_Linked wrote:Image

Awww how cute :D
And I love pixel works ;w;

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#4675 Post by TsukiShima »

That's.. a very interesting concept.. I was amazed at her upper beauty and very scared to realize what's her bottom is.

And have we met somewhere before? ^^ I'm sure I recognize this style of drawing.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#4676 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

HanaMori wrote:

That's.. a very interesting concept.. I was amazed at her upper beauty and very scared to realize what's her bottom is.

And have we met somewhere before? ^^ I'm sure I recognize this style of drawing.
The style is the same as Goddess Viridi. Maybe a new account for them.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#4677 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Decided to blow some steam today and do some concept sketches for our next visual novel, which will be an otome (thank god, it's about time). Since we haven't even decided what characters we are going to have let alone talked about their personalities, these are just random visual ideas that I decided to spit out. Everything has a very, very good chance of changing or disappearing into the nether. I had fun though ^_^

Pixel_Linked

#4678 Post by Pixel_Linked »

Maybe you know me from indie(Function); Magazine? I am the head-artist and designer. You may have seen my pixel work on their website. I am preparing the graphics for the October issue. Tottie will be on the cover for our "come-back" issue.

Image Image

Daistarir
Veteran
Projects: History [GxB], Alice Revo
Organization: Kingdom Crown Production

#4679 Post by Daistarir »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Decided to blow some steam today and do some concept sketches for our next visual novel, which will be an otome (thank god, it's about time). Since we haven't even decided what characters we are going to have let alone talked about their personalities, these are just random visual ideas that I decided to spit out. Everything has a very, very good chance of changing or disappearing into the nether. I had fun though ^_^

Yay xD Finally an otome game . Beautiful art xD

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#4680 Post by TsukiShima »

I.. need help..

I don't know what happened, but the stroke everyone had known to say 'soft' is.. gone. I don't know why or how, but I can't do it anymore, it doesn't have the same result as I usually gained.
I was planning to continue on some of my artwork progress, but then I noticed the stroke was... different and hard. I thought it was my laptop's error again so I just let it be, thinking that after restarting my lappy, it would be normal again.

But that didn't happen.

It has been two days and it still hasn't return to normal. I thought it would be my Paint Tool SAI problem, so I tried adjusting the density and all, nothing happened. So I tested it on Photoshop, the same thing happened.
I swore I never touched any of the settings, since I did drew a sprite-in-progress just fine before closing to rest my laptop, and open it again to get this.
Then, it's my tablet, isn't it?
Is there someone who knows how to fix it? Or do I have no choice but to uninstall and install it again?