DreamWalker [alternate reality]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
junna
Veteran
Projects: DreamWalker; History; Adversity Competition

DreamWalker [alternate reality]

#1 Post by junna »

Junna and Ashenhartkrie are proud to present:
  • A Strange World
    Saiorse wakes up from a coma to see a strange world with walking trees, dying clouds and men as slaves?
    As Saoirse's mind tries to adjust to what s/he is seeing, Fate decides that Saoirse will have a hand in changing the course of Tearramatta's history.
    Will you choose to let Saoirse continue on the path of their fate? Or will you change their destiny, and all those who are affected?

Saoirse (SEER-sha) Darrah (name can be changed) has lived her life as any 18 year old could possibly live in the 21st century. Until the day the Accident happened. Her true body lies on the hospital bed hooked up to a life support machine. In spirit, she is transported to another plane completely different from the one she knows, living the life her ‘alternate’ reality self lives, in a time that has already come to pass.
Captured by rebellious males who refuse to submit to their female masters, she is now given this second chance in life. Will you choose to let Saoirse continue on the path of her fate? Or will you change her destiny, and all those who are affected?

Welcome to Tearramatta, in the world of An Domhain.

Where everything may not be as it seems.
~*~*~
Saoirse (SEER-sha) Tiernan(name can be changed) has lived his life as any 18 year old could possibly live in the 21st century. Until the day the Accident happened. His true body lies on the hospital bed hooked up to a life support machine. In spirit, he is transported to another plane completely different from the one she knows, living the life her ‘alternate’ reality self lives, in a time that has already come to pass.
Living with rebellious males who refuse to submit to their female masters, he is now given this second chance in life. Will you choose to let Saoirse continue on the path of her fate? Or will you change her destiny, and all those who are affected?

Welcome to Tearramatta, in the world of An Domhain.

Where everything may not be as it seems.

This VN is set in two places with An Domhain being the primary setting.

An Domhain is a world whose timeline is fairly thrown back to the European medieval times of Earth. However, it is rather strange. For example, the trees are nomadic and move and change according to seasons. The clouds in the sky? They grow like the creeping vines in the jungle and when it reaches the end its life cycle, the cloud ‘dies’ in a form of rain. The freshest running water is murky brown but it clears as it picks up the silt and dirt. The world is simply strange and almost topsy turvy.
War is the way of life for the people, even more so now that Tearramatta is faced with their first slave rebellion. Tearramatta is a country where women rule and the men are seen as slaves. The only way for any man to leave the life of slavery in Tearramatta is only if he is too old or too sick. Another option is to leave Tearramatta. A task not many seem to want to do.

The second setting is a hospital ICU. Sounds mundane? Ah well, sorry.

Major Characters:

Saoirse (SEER-sha) Darrah, 18 - Female MC
Saoirse was involved in a car crash and fell into a deep coma. You play as Saoirse and choose her actions to determine her fate as her spirit claims this ‘other’ body in its alternate world. She could remember nothing of her life in this new world. The only thing she knows is that she was involved in an accident just a few moments ago.

Saoirse Tiernan, 18 - Male MC
Saoirse was involved in a car crash and fell into a deep coma. You play as Saoirse and choose his actions to determine his fate as his spirit claims this ‘other’ body in its alternate world. He could remember nothing of his life in this new world. The only thing he knows is that he was involved in an accident just a few moments ago.

“What do you mean by trying to strip me of my…my…dignity!” - Saoirse, while facing a particularly unpleasant person.

Caidon, 23
The leader of the rebellion. His experience as a labour and pleasure slave surprisingly did not embitter him. He seeks equal rights with the women and since they are not listening, Caidon has grimly accepted the fact that he needs to take up arms in order to drive his point home.

“Of course not! We don’t want to rule the women! We just want to be seen as equals. Doesn’t any human?” - Caidon explaining to Saoirse.

Trilim Evanglade, 27
A mercenary and spy in one sarcastic and irritating package. Trilim is cunning, slippery and no one knows whether he is telling the truth or if he is lying. He is also somewhat feminine, and is able to blend in well with the warrior women of Tearramatta, which also causes him no end of trouble.

“I am not ‘assholian’, I am Letheran.” - Trilim facing off with Saoirse.

Lyrian Darjahul, 20.
A female soldier in the war. She is one of Saoirse’s right hand woman but Saoirse does not remember any of this fact. She is also an adept poison user, dealing deaths and cures using herbs and other natural resources. Her role in the army is relatively unclear, but she seems to hold a special position with Saoirse.

“There are many beautiful things in this world that is deadly. Take this beautiful nightshade for example.” - Lyrian while gardening.

Beltaine Darfain, 27
A strong woman with immense willpower and very practical attitude towards men. She sees men as a commodity and not necessary to her life except for a few reasons. She is the captain of the regiment of soldiers encamped at the edge of the forest to try and stem the tide of rebellion.

“Of course men are inferior. It has always been so. They do not bleed for a week, they do not carry a child within them for nine months. They are useful for two things: brute strength and sex. Other than that they are of little use, no more than animals. They are not even intelligent!” - Beltaine, more than slightly drunk.

Minor Characters:

Queen Sorcha of Tearramata, age unknown
The queen of Tearramatta. The head honcho. The person not to mess with.

Keshek, 16
A young ex-slave who is a faithful follower to Caidon.

Rei and Key Albanth, 19
Twins and healer monks from the bordering kingdom of Santuria who are also still remarkably childish. While men may be seen as slaves in Tearramatta, these twins are held above the status simply because they are monks and foreign to the land of Tearramatta.
Both are happy go lucky teenagers, a year older than Saoirse.

“We heal people. We don’t want to fight. But once we heard of the commotion here, we knew there are bound to be fatalities and wounds. We knew it’s our duty to come here.” - Rei and Key reasoning with Saoirse.

This game will have 4 possible combination of romances. Say hi to more otomes. LOL
anyway, they will be GxB, GxG, BxG, and BxB.
from the way things are going in the outline...the female MC's story will be different from the male MC's ^^;; had to do that because of the concept. We will try to keep this one focused on the story, and the romanced characters are a 'bonus' shall we say?

A point-based VN! So you will rack up points based on your choices. A minimum number of X points will be needed to get to an ending.

Umm...any other features you'd like to know?

Ashenhartkrie - Co-writer, photographer, main artist
Junna - Co-writer, 2nd artist, photographer... possible programmer...
Programmer

Music could possibly come from incomptech and also a few bits I downloaded from the, now dead, Aviary Myna Music editor and Soundcloud!.

Here are a few I've chosen to fit (I think) this VN, changes would still happen of course:
Prologue
Rei and Key's theme song
Quieter moments...
Realization/Dream/Coma sequence

and... I'd love to use this! but I have no idea where to use it since it breaks the general music theme I'm going for TT_TT.
Dia Yiannopoulou - zero-project - Chris Kariotis - To the end of the world

If you're interested in helping us out in any way, please do flick us a PM. Be warned. Nothing is being done now.

Hmm... can't think of anything much except. the work will only commence in full swing during the Southern Hemisphere Summer!! in the blazing heat...^^;;

Right now, we are only progressing very slowly...the only thing happening is trying to get a 'look' for our characters. Here's Trilim so far(oh god he looks weird).
However, in percentage, here's our progress anyway. lol

Progress:-
Story Outline – 40% (Gone back down to 40. Need to plan for Mr Tiernan)
Writing – 5% (scroll down for sneak peek)
Art -
* Backgrounds - 5% (photographic references are being photographed now since it's summer)
* Characters - 2% (just about)
* CGs - 0% (what? The story's barely even written. Of course no CG.)
* GUI - 0%
* Concepts - 3% (this includes everything above. Of sorts.)
Coding - 0%
BGM - searching for the right music...scroll up for a few 'sample' of the sort of music I've be looking for (since Ashen admitted she's a bit musically challenged //shot)

and that is why we're in the idea section. lol!
Thanks for reading!
Last edited by junna on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 16 times in total.
chibi avvie by Meg (buprettyinpink).
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

Aedin
Regular

Re: DreamWalker [alternate reality]

#2 Post by Aedin »

I really like the sound of this. A world where women rule over men is an interesting plot device, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.
junna wrote:This Visual Novel is possibly a choose-your-path VN unless I manage to understand how to do the points system thingy works. >_<;; hehehehe.
If you want, PM me and I can try to help you understand it.
"There’s no shame in pleasure, Mr. Gray. You see, man just wants to be happy, but society wants him to be good. And when he’s good, man is rarely happy, and when he’s happy he is always good."

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#3 Post by Desu_Cake »

Looks interesting! I really like the idea.
"An Talamh" seems kind of an odd name for a world though.

junna
Veteran

#4 Post by junna »

Desu_Cake wrote:Looks interesting! I really like the idea.
"An Talamh" seems kind of an odd name for a world though.

*dies* lol... thank you person from Ireland. I take it you know Gaelic?
when I saw your post...it's only then I remembered talamh with an added means 'the earth'...^^;;
*sigh* the dangers of learning Gaelic words in a Linguistics class.

Aedin wrote:If you want, PM me and I can try to help you understand it.
Ooooh! Thank you! I'll PM you...soon... I'm popping in LSF just before a test. oh no. *run*
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#5 Post by Desu_Cake »

I thought that might be it.
"An talamh" means "The ground", or earth as in dirt.
The word you're looking for would be "An Domhain" (pronounced dow-wan)which means "The World"

junna
Veteran

#6 Post by junna »

Desu_Cake wrote:I thought that might be it.
"An talamh" means "The ground", or earth as in dirt.
The word you're looking for would be "An Domhain" (pronounced dow-wan)which means "The World"
I'm still dying in mortification and laughter.
But thank you! Ahah...it sounds almost like Samhain!
*change2...delete2*
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#7 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Wow, we've already gotten feedback. ^^
I'm really enjoying working on this, and I myself am trying to figure out programming *dies*
Hey, but at least we have an exucse to stay inside were it's nice and cool.... Thank god for air-cons.
A few more sprites have been done... Caidon's and Lyrian's. I'm still puzzling over what Saoirse should look like, and whether or not we're going to make it so that you can be either a boy or a girl. That would be more up to Junna, seeing how she's doing all the trickery computer stuffy wuffs.
Err, I can't think of anything else to add at the moment... I should probably skidaddle and do work... school's back tomorrow YAY! -_-' not.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Daistarir
Veteran
Projects: History [GxB], Alice Revo
Organization: Kingdom Crown Production

#8 Post by Daistarir »

Congrtulation Junna-san!
Your first project xD ! It's look interesting . -3- You are so great xD Let's me hug you xD *hug*

junna
Veteran

#9 Post by junna »

@Star: Thank you! *huggy*
@Ashen: do NOT ask about the programming yet.. TT_TT lol

Hi!
Just a quick update...we've started on our script. It's the Prologue! well, a part of it...

Sneak Peak:
Sword room-ish.
???: Saoirse is still missing after the last skirmish!
???: She’ll be here
???: She’s never gone missing this long before!
???: What do you propose we do now?
???: ‘We’ are not doing anything. I will find her.
???: Best of luck then.
???: You really do hate her, don’t you. (leave room)
The remaining woman heaves a long sigh as soon as she sees that she’s alone.
???: If you only knew, soldier. If you only knew.

(Cutscene)
I remember the crash. I remember the lights, the pain, and then the blackness. I remember being awake... but I could not move. I could hear the worried voices of my parents... but I could not speak to reassure them that it was fine.
But now I can move. After lying still for months on end I can move. I blink and open my eyes.
Saoirse: What?
Instead of the glaring lights of the hospital I was greeted by the beam of sunlight peeking through the leaves of the tree I am resting against.
I’m not in the hospital. Where am I??
???: Saoirse?
Someone says my name, and I look around, trying to see who had spoken. (A tall exotic looking woman is standing beside me)
Saoirse: You know me?
I have never seen her before in my life! She looks confused... and I have no idea why.
???: Know?
Her confusion makes me wonder if I said something wrong.
???: They hit you a bit harder than I thought
and I've found a few tracks I thought would be suitable for this game...click for the track.

Prologue
I really thought this piece suited encounters with Rei and Key
for...'quiet' moments.

and that's all for now. ^^ hehe~
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

AshenhartKrie
Veteran

#10 Post by AshenhartKrie »

We also have three new sprites (Only the first draft of them, so critique is desired please and thank you)
Sorry for the crappy quality. :(
Caidon (The dude) Lyrian (swirly tatoo lady) and Beltaine (scary ass mo'fo) And we also now have the MC (male and female, but whether we use the male is yet to be decided)
Attachments
FS.JPG
MS.JPG
Beltaine.JPG
Lyrian.JPG
Caidon.JPG

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#11 Post by WickedRaccoon »

hmm,looks interesting,veeeeery interesting :) will have this thread put in my watch list ^^

junna
Veteran

#12 Post by junna »

WickedRaccoon wrote:hmm,looks interesting,veeeeery interesting :) will have this thread put in my watch list ^^

Thank you! We will try not to disappoint! ^^

So...updates (furreal?)

so far...we have

Writing
2700++ total words for both Prologues (male and female) how many more? well, as many as it takes to get to the branches. And for me get better from a change of season flu (being underweight is no joy...tips for gaining weight anyone?) AND trying not to die from my last 2 weeks of University.
and Ashen to get to get out of her writer's block (lol //shot)

Sprites
the character's first looks (concepts) are up...in ashen's post above
And I'm repairing Trillim from his versions. Click for larger pics.

Trillim version 1.5 WIP. (I'm...ogling JCB's body too much //whipped)

Music
I've been contacting a few people in soundcloud for permission to use their music (for some with CC by ND which I'm not sure is useable in game). So far...no one has replied... TT_TT. Ah well, it's only been 2 days. lol.

but this person http://soundcloud.com/dfiechter2 has most of his music in CC-by-NC and downloadable. So for those reading this, check him out and see if his music fits your stuff. I found some that fits mine.

Others
AND most importantly, we are adding another person to our team!
Joining in as Programmer. (*happy dance*)

first post is edited as well.
Last edited by junna on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

AshenhartKrie
Veteran

#13 Post by AshenhartKrie »

*hides head in shame* Damn writers block. And juggling this with NanoWriMo is going to be SO fun.
But~ We have another team member! (yay!)
I am about to go an write more... because I feel like writing in a male mindset today :D

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#14 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Is this project still happening?
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

AshenhartKrie
Veteran

#15 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Yes, I believe it is, however we are working very slowly (mainly due to my laziness).

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*