Artist available [closed temporarily]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

Artist available [closed temporarily]

#1 Post by Tetiel »

Since moving, I've discovered I have a bit more free time so I decided to open up commissions :D I work very well with deadlines and I like to communicate regularly with my clients about ideas and progress updates. I can also do emergency commissions if need be. Just give me at least few days and I can get it done on time or earlier. You can contact me either through private message here, comment on the thread, note on deviantart, or email me at tetiel@gmail.com

Sprites:
Base price $30 - includes 1 hairstyle, 1 outfit, 1 pose, multiple expressions. Please let me know if you're planning to purchase an extra hairstyle or outfit ahead of time and I'll include a barbie doll-style nudity to allow for further customization.
Extra hairstyle $5
Extra outfit $5-10
Extra arm pose: $10
Extra full body pose: $25 (may increase if there are multiple outfits and hairstyles needed for that other pose)

CGs:
Image Image
Pose Change:
Image Image
Prices range from $40-60 depending on complexity. Price includes up to 3 characters and a complex background based on the background used in your visual novel. Please send a description of the scene (a script is even better!), character sprites as references, and the background image.
Extra character (beyond 3): $10
Arm pose change: $10
Expression change: $2

Misc Illustrations:
Typically character references or promotional images or... just something fun to look at!

Chibis - $15 and each additional chibi is $10

Half Body - $20
Image Image
Includes a hip to waist up picture. I like to vary the composition a little to create an illustration which better suits the character's personality. If you need a strict hips and up picture for reference purposes, let me know and I'll be happy to do that.

Full Body - $30
Image Image
Includes a knees up to complete full body for reasons stated above. If you need a full body for reference purposes, let me know.

Complex backgrounds may be added to any of these for a negotiable price depending on the level of detail required.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer. Prices are also negotiable if you'll be ordering a lot so we can talk it over. I can give an art resume on request. Also feel free to leave any critique on the thread. I plan on creating thumbnails for easier use since I know it's rather link heavy. xD

Finished commissions:
Pytom (Chibi) http://i46.tinypic.com/o06uso.png
Last edited by Tetiel on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Artist available (Sprites, CGs, Chibis, Misc. Illustrati

#2 Post by Lishy »

Your art is fantastic!

I already have art handled in my VN... But I may contact you in the future for an unrelated project however! :)

Tetiel's art really seems to be worth the money! Commission him!
-

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#3 Post by Nellie »

That art, that price?

I'd definitely recommend him/her too! :)

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

#4 Post by Tetiel »

Thanks guys :) I actually was worried I was overpricing a bit. I know most games don't really have a strong budget and it's important to me to be somewhat affordable.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Lishy »

I don't think it' too much since the quality is really awesome!
-

Tetiel
Regular

#6 Post by Tetiel »

I updated the thread with thumbnails. Hooray for finally having internet :D

Also, I figured I'd show a WIP of a fanart of Elodie from Hanako Game's Long Live the Queen. This is the sort of quality and style you can expect from me.

Firefly
Regular
Projects: Remember these days, My sunflowers keeper
Organization: Firefly Games
Deviantart: Caystar

#7 Post by Firefly »

Wow, i must say i'm impressed.Your artwork is amazing! How did you learn to draw so well?
~Fireflys are the stars of the Earth~

http://caystar.deviantart.com/

Tetiel
Regular

#8 Post by Tetiel »

Firefly wrote:Wow, i must say i'm impressed.Your artwork is amazing! How did you learn to draw so well?
Thank you! It's really no secret. I have been practicing drawing seriously since I was 10 so that's about 13 years of study and at the very least weekly practice. I would mostly draw animals, but I've been focusing on people and anime in particular since 17. I took advanced art courses back in highschool which prepared me for art university level. I learned quite a bit about composition and color from them. I decided to focus on psychology in university and took art as a minor, took two courses, discovered they were a waste of my and the professor's time, and decided on self-study.

One thing I suggest is to never, ever, ever, ever, EVER try to learn anatomy from someone else's drawing. I did that when trying to learn how to draw anime and I swear it held me back by at least two years. I took the excuse that loli and chibi had their own anatomy. No, no they don't. Don't tell yourself that. Don't let anyone tell you that. Chibis are based on the anatomy of babies to toddlers (with larger heads) and loli-type is based on the ages of 4-11. Never stylize before you learn proper anatomy. All you're doing is distorting something that you don't understand. I'm still struggling with it and it shows. My first art teacher warned the entire class not to do that, but.. well... I ignored the advice like any stubborn person that thinks they know better.

All I can say is there's no easy trick. It's hours upon hours of hard work. It's spending no less than 4 hours on a seemingly simple piece. It's years of study. It's spending your spare time staring at the way that light works, how it interacts. I... think I've gone a bit too much in depth, but... for an artist, we can't help but live for the art, to strive to constantly improve so that one day, your perfectionist side may be pleased (not bloody likely :lol: )

Daistarir
Veteran
Projects: History [GxB], Alice Revo
Organization: Kingdom Crown Production

#9 Post by Daistarir »

Awww!!! Sempai is so great ! I want to draw like you , too. I start to drawing anime since I was 8 and draw digital when ... well ... last month . But I'm still young ( Only 11 .. 12 ??something?? xS) I can be great like you. Right??

Tetiel
Regular

#10 Post by Tetiel »

Daistarir wrote:Awww!!! Sempai is so great ! I want to draw like you , too. I start to drawing anime since I was 8 and draw digital when ... well ... last month . But I'm still young ( Only 11 .. 12 ??something?? xS) I can be great like you. Right??
I totally missed this, I'm sorry for the late reply. I'm not ignoring you! Your comment is very sweet. I've uhh... I don't think I've ever been called senpai before xD That's pretty adorable <3 And well of course you can! Even if you were my current age, you can always improve yourself and get better. Everyone starts somewhere and it seems that you've started young. I'm sure you'll have a great future ahead of you :)

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#11 Post by Greeny »

Woah, I'm very impressed. Not even just by your art, but you really look like you've got your business shit together.
With my current project nearing completion (assuming no setbacks) I've been scouting for artists for my next project, which'll have a much larger production budget. Right now? I'm torn between just you and one other artist.

Tell me, have you ever tried a more mature style? I don't mean like changing your personal style as an artist; I'm talking same stuff, but more subtle (smaller eyes, less exaggeration in the expressions).

Anyways... you may hear from me again in two months.
Right now I don't have enough of the writing down to justify making any official deals.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

Tetiel
Regular

#12 Post by Tetiel »

Greeny wrote:Woah, I'm very impressed. Not even just by your art, but you really look like you've got your business shit together.
With my current project nearing completion (assuming no setbacks) I've been scouting for artists for my next project, which'll have a much larger production budget. Right now? I'm torn between just you and one other artist.

Tell me, have you ever tried a more mature style? I don't mean like changing your personal style as an artist; I'm talking same stuff, but more subtle (smaller eyes, less exaggeration in the expressions).

Anyways... you may hear from me again in two months.
Right now I don't have enough of the writing down to justify making any official deals.
I'm so sorry. I've been busy and completely missed your reply v_v

First off, thank you. I really appreciate the compliment on both my art as well as the business end. I feel very strongly that when someone is selling their services, in my case art, they should actually treat it like a business and be very clear about what they can and cannot provide.

I haven't tried it too much. I've done smaller eye styles and I certainly could accomplish it with some practice. Obviously, I'm very used to drawing in a very moe-type style, but I try not to give myself limits. I am currently involved in an RPG project, though. I have no idea when my end of the work will be done as there is quite a bit to do, but if you still wish to consider me, send me a message whenever you're ready and I can give you a more clear idea of my schedule.