Mascot Contest.. for another site! ><.. but prizes!...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Misuzu
Regular

Mascot Contest.. for another site! ><.. but prizes!...

#1 Post by Misuzu »

Okay, so this blatant advertisement for VisualNew's mascot contest, but I don't think PyTom will mind much ^^.

Well, I figured I would post this here because this community is related to mine and likes to be artsy! VisualNew's is hosting a mascot contest right now to get a mascot for our site. For those of you who don't know what VisualNews is, you can think of it the opposite side of the same coin as Lemma-Soft. VisualNews is the visual novel community that is built around translating Japanese visual novels instead of creating them.

The actual thread can be viewed here.

If you feel lazy, you can post submissions/have discussion here if you want. Just state whether you want me to credit you for the drawing or stay anonymous.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#2 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#3 Post by lordcloudx »

darn! I was planning to enter that contest secretly. Oh well, can't think of any concept anyway.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#4 Post by Vatina »

I think I'll try and participate in that, although I'm not very good at thinking up mascot designs. Nice prizes ^^

Misuzu
Regular

#5 Post by Misuzu »

wewt! three people interested! thats more the on my own forum :shock:

Zarcon

#6 Post by Zarcon »

Haha, make that four, I'm in.
I'm no artist, I just have lots of patience and the magic that is known as the undo button at my disposal. I should be able to come up with a design at least. XD

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by lordcloudx »

Zarcon wrote:I just have lots of patience and the magic that is known as the undo button at my disposal.
I am the leg of my boot
ctrl+z is my body etc. etc. :D
hee hee sorry couldn't resist making a parody out of archer's bad engrish.

I was wondering if the character on my avatar would be acceptable as an entry too since I just made her up for a joke which (as expected) fooled no one.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Misuzu
Regular

#8 Post by Misuzu »

As long as you dont mind us having the rights to your char, though like I said, its not like I would forbade you from using that char as your avatar or anything =D. As for rule 34, once I get my blasted graphics editor to work, I have a witty response!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by lordcloudx »

Ooh ya just fine.
well then, I'm submitting it in this thread just because I'm lazy and maybe I should delete those joke images in my pictureposter account?

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictur ... sudesu.png

I kept the psd version so all her colors are changeable.

edit: bleh! image tag doesn't seem to work on pngs or something.

Misuzu
Regular

#10 Post by Misuzu »

Done, your welcome to remove the image from the thread if anyone thinks its taking up too much space ^^;;.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#11 Post by Blue Lemma »

Misu wrote:Okay, so this blatant advertisement for VisualNew's mascot contest, but I don't think PyTom will mind much ^^.
Waaaah, what about me? :cry: I'm co-admin too! :cry:

*feels less and less relevant* (Well, I have been behind in the game making >_<)

Seriously, though, I'm curious to see what people come up with! I looked at the thread on your site, and I am willing to donate a brand new Miaka plushie (Fushigi Yuugi) and some other stuff. I have a glut of prizes from contests that didn't go so well ^^;

Misuzu
Regular

#12 Post by Misuzu »

xD...
Now I need to figure out the judging criteria for the three contests and make the official nice looking webpages for them ><.

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by EwanG »

Misu,
I assume if we added the entry to the thread there that is sufficient - or do you want them added here as well to get the most responses possible?

Thanks,
Ewan

Misuzu
Regular

#14 Post by Misuzu »

Blue Lemma wrote:Waaaah, what about me? :cry: I'm co-admin too! :cry:
You haven't posted since I registered! T__T. Sorry Lemma! *cries in the corner with Blue Lemma*
EwanG wrote:I assume if we added the entry to the thread there that is sufficient - or do you want them added here as well to get the most responses possible?
Nope, you don't have too. This is just a mirror thread for those who are lazy and don't want to sign up or guest post on the Gemot. Your welcome to post here though if you want to hear this communities comments on your submission though ^^;; (given that the Gemot doesn't seem too active in discussion about the artwork xD) (or if you want to show off your submission to people here who wont ever visit the Gemot).

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#15 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, all the pretty girlies... but what if the mascot was a sweaty chubby otaku with ashtray-thick glasses and lots of acne? Kind of the stereotypical player of the VN - instead of the stereotypical heroine of the VN. That could be cute. And it would make sense calling him Bini-tan, since for instance a Trekkie is the one who watches Star Trek, so Bini-tan (Binnie) logically would mean someone who plays VNs... :P

Well, the above is meant as a joke, but there's an alarming amount of cute girl/animal mascots around which look basically the same - the otakuish Bini-tan would definitely be different. 8)