Heartful Memory [Friendship, Slice-Of-Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

Re: Heartful Memory [Friendship, Slice-Of-Life]

#31 Post by Blane Doyle »

Kai already has my vote. I am a sucker for green eyes, I think they are adorable.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#32 Post by TsukiShima »

Thanks Blane, I'm glad that Kai already has a fan!

Updates!
I've began designing the gallery's layout, and so far... it's fine I guess. I'm really bad at placing and designing, so I hope it would still look nice.
I'm still learning how to code it properly, so if anyone would like to guide me, I would be glad to accept it!

There are a few contain pages in each gallery

-Gallery : Obviously, Image Gallery. It won't include every CG (since I think it would be a lot), but the major CGs will be stored there. And also some fanarts that I have been receiving for the story. And I'm still not sure if I should include the Music Gallery as well. Suggestion?

-In The Making : I'm putting everything; I mean everything, including all the sketches you've seen in this thread, into this page.

-Profile : Every character appeared in the game will get in the highlight. Of course some information will be needed to be unlock throughout the game.

-Credits : Proper credits to everyone who helped me to make this game come out well is placed here!

-Bonus : While the button doesn't seem fancy, this session is actually special. The afterwords and extra episodes can be found here, however those extra episodes need to be unlock, of course.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by Blane Doyle »

This looks really nice! The only thing I that stand out to me is a personal peeve of mine, and that is the overlap of the characters on the gallery images, but again this is just a personal thing. Putting that aside, this looks very nice and simple, which I like in a gallery.

I also LOVE that you are adding production material! I don't recall having played another VN that has that sort of extra material, usually that sort of stuff is only on movie DVDs or in behind the scenes books.

I like the idea of a Music Gallery, though you have so much here that it may get a bit cluttered with more stuff if you don't move things around.

kittykatlover
Regular
Projects: Devil's Betrayal

#34 Post by kittykatlover »

This looks really cool!

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by TsukiShima »

Blane Doyle wrote:I like the idea of a Music Gallery, though you have so much here that it may get a bit cluttered with more stuff if you don't move things around.
@Blane, Yes, after going through it several times I do nothing there's a lot of stuff, so that is still in progress. I might cut a few unimportant stuff or combine some pages. And I've shrunken the image, to make it look better and so I can place buttons more clearly.

-----
Updates!

I've found someone to help me to code the game, and he is DragoonHP! I want to thank you so much for lending a hand.

Art wise, I'm still drawing out the character's sprites, and now collecting some sample BGs to test out my skills in that area later. But I fear that my drawn BG shall not be high quality.

Other than that, I've been on a hunt for musics and bgm. I've asked for cooperation from a composer I found here in LSF and he said he was interested, only asked to wait for him until he finishes his current project. So I shall do just that!
And I'm not sure if anybody else did this before, but I went to YouTube to see if I can find some songs with vocals to fit into the game. I did, of course, and I've asked permissions from the artists to use it. I'm glad to say that they approved, in condition I give them proper credit!

One of the artist that I've asked (and she just had an official music channel with YouTube) is rockleetist! Visit her account and give her support you guys!

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Blane Doyle »

Rockleetist? Why does that name sound so... familiar? Oh! I've hear her music before, she does really good Vocaloid covers!

I'm glad you're finding people to help you out!

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

#37 Post by Starshine »

Love the sprites emotions (They're seem to be alot) , and the menu's look cute! I just looked at the credits it seems CheeryMoya is helping you, when he/she's on the scene games always turn out to perfection, take my beauty a.i for example <3
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by TsukiShima »

I just noticed that this thread have been moved from the Ideas to Works In Progress thread. Thank you admin!

@Starshine, thank you! It's a she, and I'm also very grateful to gain her help.
@Blane, thank you yet again!

---

There isn't much a major update, but I have been working on the sprites over and over. I'm not sure why, but I always find myself being unsatisfied with the sprites, and end up remaking them all over again. I've did this a few times now, deleting and sketching them a lot. That's why you rarely see the sprite of the characters from me.

If anyone remember the sample sprite for Masato and Akio, those are considered failure now, especially regarding anatomy.
But yet again, like before, they have the pros and cons, and I felt that the old sprites would have fit more in the game than these new building ones. But we'll see.
(Is this what you call bishie-fied?)

Opinions are always welcome!

Which do you like, the upper one, or the bottom?

Old versus New WIP sprites
Last edited by TsukiShima on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#39 Post by teacup »

The bottom ones definitely. Their anatomy is much better and I can see the improvements. c:

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by Blane Doyle »

The bottom, definitely the bottom! I'd call it less bishie-fied and just a general artistic improvement, I think they look great.

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

#41 Post by 9:19 »

I like the ones on the bottom! I think the new WIP sprites have more personality.

You're making good progress with the CG gallery! I'm still in the dark. I will be sure to check out the making-of feature; I'm totally sold on open development thanks to Auro. As for the music gallery, my suggestion would be to include it only if you have an original soundtrack.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by TsukiShima »

Oh wow, remind me I should not volunteer myself as sprite artist for other projects, as my skills are not there yet. But since I've done this, I don't want to stop half way.

I've done Masato and Akio's sprites (only left the expressions), correcting the Yellow-Ribbon Girl's sprite, and yet to finish Kai's sprite.
I'm always open for critique (especially for the shading!), but sadly I maybe won't have time to correct all of them or else I won't have time to finish the CGs.

And I need to thank you so much for your support guys, it keeps my motivation up at least. ;__;

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by TsukiShima »

First and for all, I would like to give a big thank you to rufiangel for helping me for the background arts!

---
Updates!

I have been working hard for art assets, and almost done with the sprites. HM is my main project that I'll focus on finishing soon (expected to be by the end of this month, if everything goes well, or early next year). Some few changes are going to be made in the main script to make the flow go better.

To make it simple:

PROGRESS

• Art : 50 % [ Focusing on the CGs and gallery]
• Writing : 85 % [ Script is done, only there might be more to add and errors to be corrected ]
• Coding : 60 %
• Music : 30 %
• Overall : 50 %

CREDITS

• Editor : CheeryMoya
• Coding Assistant : DragoonHP
• Background Artist : rufiangel
• Artist and Original Idea : HanaMori

And it seems that I've gathered a few members into developing this VN, and so I'm no longer doing this alone. Thank you so much to everyone that are helping me and supporting me! It makes me so happy.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran

#44 Post by Blane Doyle »

Looks like you're making nice progress! It's great to see this move along at a steady pace!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#45 Post by WickedRaccoon »

why did i not comment sooner? *stalks while eating cookies*
the game somehow trigures my curiousity,so i'll be sticking around for a while ;)
(i was too lazed out to read the whole thread -it's 2 a.m over here XD- so i'll read it tomorrow and comment fully ^^)
wish you good luck!!!