Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

Re: Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy]

#16 Post by distorsion »

It's not working... TTATT
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#17 Post by broken_angel »

Linniar wrote:WOOOOO!!

This totally made my day. :lol:
ixWishing wrote:Ahhhh!
I remember playing it a long time ago, LOL.
It was so cute & I loved the plot ;u;.
I especially loved when the hearts changed colors (like in Harvest Moon)!
Ima re-dl this and have a nice playthrough of it again (:
Aww, glad you liked it the first time.
Nostalgia is fun, yeah? :o
distorsion wrote:It's not working... TTATT
Oh no! D:

What's wrong with it? Which part isn't working? Will the file not download, will it not open, or did you find a bug in-game?

trepiechick
Regular

#18 Post by trepiechick »

I found an error.

While running game code:
File "game/AllscriptA.rpy", line 11828, in script
if ball == "Kirile":
File "game/AllscriptA.rpy", line 11828, in python
if ball == "Kirile":
NameError: name 'ball' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.960\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\execution.py", line 261, in run
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.960\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1366, in execute
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.960\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\python.py", line 997, in py_eval
File "game/AllscriptA.rpy", line 11828, in <module>

Windows-post2008Server-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.12.1.1501

broken_angel
Veteran

#19 Post by broken_angel »

trepiechick wrote:I found an error.

While running game code:
if ball == "Kirile":
if ball == "Kirile":

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.960\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\execution.py", line 261, in run
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.960\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1366, in execute
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.960\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\python.py", line 997, in py_eval

Ren'Py 6.12.1.1501
Oh wow, how'd I miss that one?

So sorry! I'll fix that and release an updated version soon (and with updated character profiles to boot!).
In the meantime, that bug should only occur on Chael's route with the "fearless warrior" or "well-rounded ruler" types, so I suggest choosing a different personality type for the time being.

trepiechick
Regular

#20 Post by trepiechick »

No prob, glad I could help. :)

Edit: I found more errors lol. All the princess's lines in this ending with she and Chael in the cell pop up with error messages, though the full traceback is exactly the same.

While running game code:
File "game/AllscriptA.rpy", line 10402, in script
z "How can I not? If you'd never gotten mixed up with me..."
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable.

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\execution.py", line 261, in run
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\ast.py", line 396, in execute
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\exports.py", line 684, in say
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\character.py", line 764, in __call__
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\character.py", line 661, in do_display
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\character.py", line 468, in display_say
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\ui.py", line 236, in interact
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1641, in interact
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1860, in interact_core
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\predict.py", line 51, in displayable
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 246, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 246, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 248, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\predict.py", line 51, in <lambda>
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 986, in predict_one
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\predict.py", line 51, in displayable
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 248, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\predict.py", line 51, in <lambda>
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 984, in predict_one
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1016, in condition_switch_predict
File "C:\Users\Downloads\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1006, in condition_switch_pick

Ren'Py 6.12.1.1501

broken_angel
Veteran

#21 Post by broken_angel »

trepiechick wrote:No prob, glad I could help. :)

Edit: I found more errors lol. All the princess's lines in this ending with she and Chael in the cell pop up with error messages, though the full traceback is exactly the same.

While running game code:
File "game/AllscriptA.rpy", line 10402, in script
z "How can I not? If you'd never gotten mixed up with me..."
Dang, those bugs just love you, huh? xP

Sorry about that, but thank you for catching them. I obviously didn't do a very thorough job when I was testing...
I'll fix that as well and reupload it sometime tonight-ish.

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#22 Post by FatUnicornGames »

No way to get a really happy (or at least sort of happy) end with Nefferon, eh? Though with a nickname like Nefferon "The Cruel" I should have known.
Looking forward to the updated version of the game!
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#23 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

Yeah!!! An otome!!!! Actually a cool otome game!!!
I just downloaded and can't wait to play it!!

Well it's still pretty difficult to find English otome games :(
especially if you have played every single one that it's in this forum or all the commercial ones...
Their still aren't enough so, I'm not gonna say for your game just another otome game...
Because I love otome games!! And your's looks so kakoi!!!
I'll come back for a review after I've finished all the endings or at least most of them!!
(I think this might sound a little bit silly but... what exactly did memoirs mean??? I know what it means roundly but not the exact meaning... Sorry English isn't my mother language...)
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

broken_angel
Veteran

Re: Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy] UPDATE

#24 Post by broken_angel »

Updated version with bug fixes and legible character profiles has been uploaded. C: If you plan to play Chael's or Kirile's routes, I highly recommend redownloading.

I tried archiving the files this time around. I've never done that before, so I might have screwed something up. :oops: If something doesn't work right, please let me know.

FatUnicornGames wrote:
No way to get a really happy (or at least sort of happy) end with Nefferon, eh? Though with a nickname like Nefferon "The Cruel" I should have known.
No, I'm afraid not. I mean, even if you assume that Nefferon actually has a "good heart" deep down (unlikely, considering that he's a sociopath) or that Zuleika is somehow able to "change" him with her love (again, unlikely), then Nefferon would have to keep Zuleika in the dark about everything he's doing. Zuleika may be a little too trusting sometimes, but she's not stupid - she would eventually figure out what was happening and would demand a stop to it, because that's just the kind of person she is. No matter how you look at it, they would have to face off eventually. You could say he did her a kindness by putting an end to it sooner rather than later, and better still, giving her a reason to hate him in the end so she wouldn't feel so bad about fighting/killing him. (Of course, there's the question of whether he ever actually loved her in the first place or if he was just toying with her the whole time, but I'll leave that to your interpretation. ;) ).

In the remake, where Zuleika's morality can change to the point where she could accept and perhaps even agree with Nefferon's means-to-an-end philosophy, it will probably be possible to "join the dark side" and then have a somewhat "happy" ending with Neffy.
DiamondRoseTears wrote:Yeah!!! An otome!!!! Actually a cool otome game!!!
I just downloaded and can't wait to play it!!
Yay! C: But you might want to redownload it now that I've fixed some potentially game-breaking bugs.
DiamondRoseTears wrote:(I think this might sound a little bit silly but... what exactly did memoirs mean??? I know what it means roundly but not the exact meaning... Sorry English isn't my mother language...)
It's not a silly question! A "memoir" is like a diary or journal. In the plural form, "memoirs," it generally means like memories or recollections. So this is a story of Zuleika's memories as she's writing them down after the fact.

Kessie
Regular

#25 Post by Kessie »

Hi there :D

I enjoyed this game and find myself wishing the story was a bit longer so I could play more XD So it's great to hear there is going to be a remake and I wish you the best. :D
Nonetheless, the story being this short makes obtaining the endings all the more easier :)
There are quite a number of endings I am yet to achieve!

On that note D: I just downloaded the game today (of which I assume the updated version was put up already) and experienced a bug :(

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
if ball == "Kirile":
if ball == "Kirile":

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Kristin\Documents\Otome\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\execution.py", line 261, in run
File "C:\Users\Kristin\Documents\Otome\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1366, in execute
File "C:\Users\Kristin\Documents\Otome\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\python.py", line 997, in py_eval

Windows-post2008Server-6.1.7600
Ren'Py 6.12.1.1501

Waiting for this to be resolved so I can continue obtaining the endings. Great Job on the game :D

broken_angel
Veteran

#26 Post by broken_angel »

Kessie wrote:I enjoyed this game and find myself wishing the story was a bit longer so I could play more XD So it's great to hear there is going to be a remake and I wish you the best. :D
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. C: And yes, one of the things I regret most is making it so short and rushed.
Kessie wrote:On that note D: I just downloaded the game today (of which I assume the updated version was put up already) and experienced a bug :(

*snip*
Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Kristin\Documents\Otome\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\execution.py", line 261, in run
File "C:\Users\Kristin\Documents\Otome\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1366, in execute
File "C:\Users\Kristin\Documents\Otome\MemoirsofanAngel-1.1-all\renpy\python.py", line 997, in py_eval
The new, fixed version available now is 1.12. According to your traceback, the issue is from the old version 1.1 (and has since been fixed).

Try downloading it again and making sure it's 1.12?

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#27 Post by michi 18 »

Seeing some of the art (BGs) one question some of those are also found in Fantasia Realm of Thanos arent they?
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

broken_angel
Veteran

#28 Post by broken_angel »

michi 18 wrote:Seeing some of the art (BGs) one question some of those are also found in Fantasia Realm of Thanos arent they?
Yes, they are.

All of the backgrounds used here are free resources from the sites listed in the Wiki. Fantasia: RoT and Memoirs are both fantasy-genre games, so it's no surprise that we ended up using a lot of the same free resources (mainly backgrounds from Kaikei Sozai Mise and Mei Miyamura), particularly since there aren't a lot of good free fantasy backgrounds out there.

Technicolour

#29 Post by Technicolour »

Thanks for posting this! Had a fun time playing it, and am even more excited for the remake now. :P

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#30 Post by michi 18 »

@broken_angel:Nice knowing that!
Gonna play it now alto ! Id tell you what I think about it later.
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.