Ginny's Shoes (working title) [fairytale adventure][romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kkffoo
Regular
Completed: Tea For Two [KN]

Ginny's Shoes (working title) [fairytale adventure][romance]

#1 Post by kkffoo »

The Palace Ball approaches, and the Queen has left all the organising to the last moment.
Can long suffering royal maid Ginny find the Queen a perfect pair of ballroom slippers, or will she fail in her quest and be executed at dawn?
How will our heroine find true love, dodge being eaten by the 'thing under the bridge'.
and get back to the palace before Prince Veruca de Poid arrives to dance with the Queen?

A fun packed adventure game / visual novel with romance, giggles and scary monsters...what more could you want?

6 possible endings
8 characters
All packed into a 30 minute long bite-sized romp.

Coming..soon..ish

specialtantei
Veteran

Re: Ginny's Shoes (working title) [fairytale adventure][roma

#2 Post by specialtantei »

Veruca de Poid?
LOL
I'm ussualy not interested about 3D art but this one seems cool.
I'll be following this thread ~~.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#3 Post by Anna »

Your graphics in this seem to be a lot better than your last project. I'm curious to see where this will go too.

As for the romance aspect; I'm fine with it if it fits the story, but it seemed a little out of place in your synopsis. It felt like 'she needs to survive this and this obstacle--oh yeah and find true love.' eeh :')? Maybe it's better not to mention or rewrite the synopsis a little?

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#4 Post by fleet »

kkffoo,
I like the screenshots you've shown. They are different from the usual run-of-the mill stuff. I hope you enjoy making your VN.
Please continue to think outside the box, and don't be discouraged by negative comments.

very respectfully,
fleet
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

kkffoo
Regular

#5 Post by kkffoo »

Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate them all!
@ Anna ...I think the concepts may seem a bit bare as I am at the outline stage of drafting out the story. Once I get into writing dialogue and connect with the emotions of the characters then (hopefully) the love stories will interweave more seamlessly around the plot, and that will be reflected in my updated summary.
If I do this too early then I get so interested in the characters that I literally lose the plot!! :)

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gekiganwing »

kkffoo wrote:A fun packed adventure game / visual novel with romance, giggles and scary monsters...what more could you want?

All packed into a 30 minute long bite-sized romp.
An adventure game hybrid that's short and that has a variety of endings sounds interesting. As long as it isn't frustratingly difficult.

I'm curious as to how you'll use text/graphic adventure gameplay. When you have time, please provide more details. For instance, one of your screenshots seems to suggest a key might be an item. Is there going to be an inventory?

kkffoo
Regular

#7 Post by kkffoo »

At the moment the items collected are needed to progress to the next part of the story....but that's more of a logical thing rather than a 'grab this out of the inventory'.
So the character sees a particular door, but she if only offered the opportunity to open it once she has the key.
At one point she collects a potion, and having the potion (or not) affects how the story goes.
My coding isn't (yet?) up to creating a usable inventory so this is a workaround.
What I would like to do , is have an indicator of the objects collected, maybe as a gallery, so players can see if they missed any objects.
I'm really glad you like the idea.
If I can find a solution to the inventory issue which is simple enough for me to implement I'd like to try it.

kkffoo
Regular

#8 Post by kkffoo »

Example of work this week in trying to show which objects have been collected.
At the moment, the only way to collect missed objects is to restart the game, which doesn't feel that satisfactory .. maybe that's a conflict between visual novels and adventure games?

I don't want to set up the expectation that a player can wander back and forth and then only offer limited ways of moving through the story.

I'm thinking that 3d games often offer the chance to revisit empty rooms to pick up objects, or they offer a limited interchange with the character in a room which doesn't advance the story...ie they just repeat any relevent info the player may have forgotten.

Thinking out loud I guess! Any feedback or ideas welcome.