Multiple endings help? {solved!}

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

Multiple endings help? {solved!}

#1 Post by MioSegami »

So i am currently making my otome game and hoping!!!!! to release it anytime soon well :/ I don't know how to put in multiple endings for each character. I have 4 approachable boys, and all of them have 3 different endings, mind helping?
Here is how I tried it and I don't know if I'm doing it correctly... >.< I'M SUPER SORRY IF THIS QUESTION WAS ASKED A LOT! T^T
here is a snap shot :)
Attachments
Anything wrong? Or an easier possible way?
Anything wrong? Or an easier possible way?
Last edited by MioSegami on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Levrex
Veteran

Re: Multiple endings help?

#2 Post by Levrex »

First of all, if you're using equal-equal (==) then you must get rid of <= and >= (replace them by < and > respectively), or the game will not work as intended.

Second, can you have +6 affection for more than one guy? If so, it all gets much more complicated. And even more complicated if you can have strictly 6 points for more than one of them. And it becomes utterly hard when you have two boys with equal points in the lead.
If you instead have 4 different scenarios for the boys, you don't need to read any further.

If you want to have the right relationship (i.e. with one chosen lover), then you'll have to find out the best candidature, maybe something like this:

Code: Select all

if (max(kind of array of points) == ryohei_points) and (ryohei_points > 6):
    jump ryoheiendinglove
elif (max(kind of array of points) == hitoriki_points) and (hitoriki_points > 6):
    jump hitorikiendinglove
##elif ...you get the drill.
For checking "equal 6, no boys over 6" you can use (maybe, didn't test it):

elif (max(kind of array of points) == 6 == mochiku_points):
    jump milikeyou
For checking "i was a bitch and didn't get any boy to like me" or "i did a truly brilliant job and maintained good fellowship with all of them without going down to carnal desires", depending on what the goal of your game is, you can use

elif max(kind of array of points) == shou_points:
    jump friendzone
Previous conditions ensure that it will bother only about values lower than 6.

Only two ifs all the way through - the mom condition, which HAS to go first, and then the first condition which initiates the chain of boys' ending conditions.

If you instead like threesomes with multiple guys and one woman, well, that's probably better to keep away from because you're gonna have a heck ton-a-load of conditions - which will affect the performance on old machines.
If your question is solved, please add [Solved] to theme's name by editing its first post, so that the helpful guys out there wouldn't mistakenly think the problem is still unanswered and waste their time.

MioSegami
Regular

#3 Post by MioSegami »

Thank you soooo much!! Very helpful! I was supper confused, thanks again!!

Levrex
Veteran

#4 Post by Levrex »

You're welcome. If your problem is solved, then it would be nice to add [Solved] to this theme's name as an unspoken rule of convenience.
If your question is solved, please add [Solved] to theme's name by editing its first post, so that the helpful guys out there wouldn't mistakenly think the problem is still unanswered and waste their time.

MioSegami
Regular

#5 Post by MioSegami »

Levrex wrote:You're welcome. If your problem is solved, then it would be nice to add [Solved] to this theme's name as an unspoken rule of convenience.
Ah sorry for the bother again.... :/ but umm, so if I am having at least 2-3 endings for each guy which method is best? The first code you gave me? Or the other second one?

Levrex
Veteran

#6 Post by Levrex »

You misunderstood, maybe, it's all one piece of a code, just divided in parts, like it is in provided screenshot.

If you can have several guys' routes AND multiple endings for each one of them AND you're not gonna have preferences (in the screenshot you'll ultimately get one of shou's endings), then you'd have to do as i described. Just to clarify, i provided examples only, so you'd have to copy and paste one check four times and edit the name and jump-to-where name. Then go to "equality" check and so on.
It's possible there's a different and more elegant solution, though.

If you have two boys with equal points in the lead and you do not want to depend to game's order to choose them, then you'll have to decide what to do with them - i.e. write another label, where you ultimately choose one of them. Or one of them dies in a duel, huh.

MioSegami
Regular

#7 Post by MioSegami »

Thanks it's more clarified now! ~!!! *muah!* much of love :)!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%