Zenith Chronicles (BxG) - (promo over)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Zenith Chronicles (BxG) - (promo over)

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

Hi forumites!

(edit: promo is now over)

Zenith Chronicles is a shooter/VN/RPG that features art from several awesome artists from around the internet, as well as a script written by LSF's Taleweaver. (Some quirky parts snuck in by me, though :wink: ) Have fun finding all nine endings and unlocking all kinds of secrets and bonuses!

Game info on VNDB: http://vndb.org/v6335

Thanks, and enjoy!

Game poster
Game poster
zc.jpg (24.67 KiB) Viewed 9259 times
VN-ness!
VN-ness!
(P.S. - It's not Touhou, and it's not supposed to be like Touhou. :roll: )
Last edited by Blue Lemma on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

specialtantei
Veteran

Re: Zenith Chronicles (BxG) - Free for a limited time!

#2 Post by specialtantei »

Wah, this is so cool! Thanks for giving it a free to get time, I was so sad when I saw it was commercial and I have no money *cries*. I can finally play it, yay~! Gameplay looks interesting, I like the character designs and the plot tells me to play it, so yeah, downloading. I'll state my opinion once I finish it :)

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#3 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Thanks, Lemma. I'll give it a playthrough when I'm done with the writing for the Christmas game.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Cadenza
Regular
Projects: Ghost Memory

#4 Post by Cadenza »

Oh gosh, I'm totally going to download this right away! I should be able to review it a little tomorrow afternoon. The art looks beautiful judging by that screencap and the cover. ♥

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#5 Post by frederic09 »

i think i already bought the game, but if it's a newer build i'll gladly take it.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

Hey, nice! A funny coincidence that you would promote Zenith Chroncles only days after I mentioned it on my new blog as the first example of my work as a paid writer.

Anyway, everybody, this is a really nice Christmas gift Blue Lemma is presenting you with. Zenith Chronicles is a fun game, with a few really engaging (i.e. frustratingly hard) boss battles, and the best thing is that if you beat the game (and get a few of the special achievements called "Legends"), you get to kick my ass. Yup, I'm in the game too, and so are a few others. And there's even a secret mini-game, and...

Agh, mustn't spoil so much!
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#7 Post by Blue Lemma »

frederic09 wrote:i think i already bought the game, but if it's a newer build i'll gladly take it.
Thanks for your support, frederic :) This is not a newer build, so don't worry about that. (I'll give you some special info though: if you save up 12345 Exp and go back to the Mango Message, and you might find a clue to a big easter egg ;) I suggest doing this after everything else since you'll have Exp to spare.)

@Taleweaver: Some can be tricky... There's always easy mode, but you don't get too many Legend points that way ^^ My mom, who rarely plays games, can beat easy mode (with some strategy help - your setup and strategies matter, just like in a regular RPG) so no need to worry about being an arcade fiend!
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

fathskie
Regular

#8 Post by fathskie »

Wow looks so good!! I downloaded it and will be playing it any time NOW! I'll be back to do review!!

*)EDIT: 1 minute into tutorial... is this made by renpy? or rpg maker or other program..?

Vynuxys
Regular

#9 Post by Vynuxys »

Downloaded it and been playing for a while, and dang if I'm not crap at the battles. They're really fun though despite the fact I keep dying XD One thing is, I can't figure out how to save in-game. I've read the tutorial but I'm not sure it was mentioned.

Well, anyway, so far I'm probably still at the beginning of the game, but it's awesome. The art, sound effects, battle system :'D Great job. Thanks for leaving it free for a while.

edit;
found one type so far: When they shoo off Merideth and find the changeling, Silverlock asks to fly to the location and Dain says "Er - I'm sorry, Corporal Silverlock, but there's now way I can carry all three of you on my back" - should be "no" instead of "now". Really minor, but o3o.
Another one, after defeating the demon of Winter*something* (sorry ah), Alija is arguing with the Queen and says "I always thought your were so good", should be "you".

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#10 Post by Blue Lemma »

@fathskie: Coded from scratch using C++ and SDL :)

@Vynuxys: Yeah... some typos.. Oops : x
Game autosaves before/after levels (look for the disk icon to flash in the upper left corner)
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#11 Post by Cidz »

Oh! This looks like fun! Thank you BlueLemma! I'm downloading now, I'll give it a play.
Can i review it on my friend's blog that I blog on? (CSW) I sometimes like to do game reviews on there. (And I've been wanting to do more Indie/OELVN games.)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#12 Post by Blue Lemma »

@Cidz: Sure, have at a review. Not my call, but I like reviews :D
- Napoleon Bonaparte

fathskie
Regular

#13 Post by fathskie »

Aww.. I'm sorry I don't think this game is my cup of tea. I keep failing on mission (and it's only the third mission - after they left the castle). Sorry I can't give review :( but story seems cool it's like those long RPG adventures, art is really good,, but the gameplay just not for me...

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#14 Post by ririruetoo »

I started playing the game a few hours ago, and so far I am really enjoying it! I'll give a full review when I'm finished, but I'd just like to thank you for making the game free for a little while! I never would have played or heard about it otherwise!
ImageImageImage

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#15 Post by Blue Lemma »

fathskie wrote:Aww.. I'm sorry I don't think this game is my cup of tea. I keep failing on mission (and it's only the third mission - after they left the castle). Sorry I can't give review :( but story seems cool it's like those long RPG adventures, art is really good,, but the gameplay just not for me...
Oh no :(

Some tips:
* Did you try setting the difficulty to "Easy" in the options menu?
* It can really help in the beginning of the game to get the Flare 1 and Shield 1 skills. (and the HP up skill...forget what it's called) If you don't have enough EXP, you can farm using level replay from the bonus menu :)
* If you got the skills, did you *equip* them before playing the level? If they're equipped, they'll show up green on the skill menu. Select the skill and press fire to equip/unequip after learning it. (this is in the tutorial too)
* The triple shot is the best general shot pattern IMO, not the single or five-shot (though those have their uses.)

If all that doesn't help... well, hopefully you at least had fun roasting all the humans as Mynia ;)

@ririuetoo: Glad you're enjoying it! :D
- Napoleon Bonaparte