Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Moon20
Regular

Re: Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

#76 Post by Moon20 »

VenusEclipse where is the save file? i cant find it anyware on my computer

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#77 Post by papillon »

RainbowMusicAddict wrote:I've gone through all routes except Lucas and Vi,
And I was just realizing.
Why is Thanksgiving on October 10th?
If I remember it's supposed to be either the 3rd or 4th Thursday in November o-o
Canadians and Americans celebrate Thanksgiving at two totally different times. As Virginia explains in Magical Diary!

RainbowMusicAddict
Regular

#78 Post by RainbowMusicAddict »

papillon wrote:Canadians and Americans celebrate Thanksgiving at two totally different times. As Virginia explains in Magical Diary!
I never knew that!
Well thank you for telling me that :D
I haven't played that before,
so I had no idea,
I apologize.
“Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.” -Salvador Dali

thisisausername
Regular

#79 Post by thisisausername »

hello venus!! i dont understand why when i get mc to go on dates with huang he always says the date wasnt that good. is it because of the wrong word choices??

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#80 Post by azureXtwilight »

It's also probably because you picked the wrong outift or places he dislikes, or maybe go outside when it's raining.

MiniNormal

#81 Post by MiniNormal »

Alright on Halloween i got a special scene in a classroom with both Lucas and Chase.. do i get that with Dimitri and Huang? In third year i can never get it.. i probably only get a compliment or something

Genesislove
Regular

#82 Post by Genesislove »

Thank you so, so much for making this! I would say it's even better than Frozen Essence. I seriously fell in love with Blaze, he's such an idiot.XD

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#83 Post by VenusEclipse »

@Mininormal:
Easiest way is if he asks you on dates and the impression options pop up. =) Calling him does raise your impression too, but not as much as when he asks you out.

For Halloween, His/your meter needs to be higher than the rest of the guys, and you both need to be in dating mode.

@RainbowMusicAddict:
I'm glad you found Chase's route entertaining. =D!!!

Allieh did that fountain CG. It's definitely better than my art, haha. There was too much art to do but she agreed to help out near the end. She didn't have much time to do any more full CGs because of exams, but she did that one and a few sketches. She also sketched
Vi's ending
CG. She does a lot of Frozen Essence fan art on DA. http://allieh465d.deviantart.com/
And I'm happy you like Huang's route. His route is almost the hardest to write since I realize where the issue was going. XD

I let people decide who Alice
marries at the end.
I'm glad you had a ton of fun.

@Explosions&NickCage:
Haha, I'm glad you guys had a laugh at that event xD!
I don't know what to raise for certain clubs if I include it, so I removed it there completely. I understand the realistic part, though. ^.^

@Moon20:
Do you mean, how do you save? In the schedule screen, click menu.

I'm just gathering a list that's easy to fix so I can do an update mostly for the easy to fix continuity/consistency issues, a few lines of translations, and a few written mistakes. There doesn't seem to be actual "bugs" from what I've seen and tried to reproduce. =)

Thanks for all feedback and reports so far!

hokaru

#84 Post by hokaru »

VenusEclipse wrote:
Troubleshooting PM me the exact option you chose to fix your display problem. It's just for me to know which solution works best. :mrgreen:

If you run into a black screen, or if images in the game don't display properly (clothes don't display in the game), you may have to...

1.)Update your graphics drivers
2.)Update Direct X
3.)Try to force the game to read from a different driver. Click on the game icon once. Then hold the shift button and press enter to load the game. The game should open and look like the image attached. Cycle through the choices starting from to see which one works.
Tried all the troubleshooting but doesn't work.
If you can't fix the problem, I suggest why not make it so that after visiting a shop (whether you did bought some clothes or not), pressing "Enter" will make it return to the previous page or better continue the game (which is going back to your room).
I am just starting this game so not sure what other problems is it with the display except the no-back-button clothing shop. But if any other problems considering no-back-button, you can use the method I suggested? (pressing "Enter" and continue the game). So people won't get struck in shop, and can successfully bought some clothing..
Though I am a newbie in this, so I am not sure if it's possible to do it?

Vynuxys
Regular

#85 Post by Vynuxys »

Yeah, I get stuck in shops/the "people" screens too and things don't display properly. A return button would be really useful.

ngareci
Regular
Completed: Grinning Heart: the meeting & the voyage, Nacira

#86 Post by ngareci »

Hi Venus! Congratulation on your release!
I've played it for some days and this game was totally gorgeous!
You successfully got my feeling into this game, and you put such a nice details events! I love it when I got different random events!
The clothes combination is another addictive point! I love when I combine clothes and suddenly found a certain style!
And the story concept is really great! You add the friendship point which means not entire story focused on boys, but about how the highschool life as it is.
Now about the boys, well, I choose Chase's route, and you bring a really interesting twist on him.
Another boys, just don't look as shining as Chase (haha..)
And furthermore, I like the jokes on the story, it makes me giggle..
Thank you for making such a beautiful game!~
Can't wait for your next piece!
Completed Project
Image Image Image
===========================
Deviantart

ixWishing
Veteran

#87 Post by ixWishing »

Asdfghjkl
Sorry to trouble you, but I can't get the back button to get out of the clothing stores ;_;
I tried updating my DirectX and I tried forcing the game from another drive (I tried all 3 drivers :l )
Any more suggestions?
./ORZ
Last edited by ixWishing on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Everlasting Dreams ;

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

#88 Post by inhalance »

That happened to me once as I was playing. I just quit the game and reloaded a slot which I saved earlier and just replayed up to where it started getting buggy.
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

RainbowMusicAddict
Regular

#89 Post by RainbowMusicAddict »

Well I finished with Vi and Lucas.
(finally college is over! I can do things :D!)
I have to say..
Lucas is my favorite character out of the whole game.
I don't know,
he just seems like someone that if he was real, that I'd have a lot of fun with him.
I almost got so mad at you for when I got to his Suspicious events (Sorry don't remember exactly what it's called.") I was like, PLEASE don't make the only black guy a drug dealer or a thief! A lot of the people here in the southern North America are like that (They don't know how to not be stereotypical.) But when you find out he is just selling stuff that his dad gives him. ;~; I was like "Oh goodness Venus you just warmed my heart full of fuzzy goodness!" I also loved that you showed Lucas was the type of person with an insecurity of loosing the MC, much like she feels with the other males in the game. It's nice to see a male have it for the MC.
And Vi ;~;<3
He is completely tied with Huang.
I do understand that you've worked on this game for a long time, and you've worked really hard.
It's definitely noticeable, and I'm glad you did!
I do with that there was more of an ending, or more interaction with Vi, other than what you had. He seems like a secret obtainable character, but he is always there, so you know, but you don't know.
Again though, I'm really happy to have the ending I got with him.
Tooooo CUTE!
My heart died of happiness. xD

I wanted to tell you,
you're art really has improved a lot.
I think you're art is great in it's own right.
Your characters don't look the same,
they all have their own look to them.
I mean you're not the only one,
but I do mostly see people just use the same exact face or hair on everyone,
and it can take some time to even be able to tell some characters a part.
Your characters all have their own look,
and along with that I think they stick really well with the personalities you give them.
They don't all gradually mesh into one giant pot of everyone being the same.
(I see it happen a lot, it doesn't ruin the game or stories when people DO do that, it's just refreshing to see something different in my opinion.)

Anyways I wanted to say I really do enjoy your game,
it was loads of fun.
I really do hope you're able to keep making these!
(Not just otomes but VNs as well :D)
They are loads of fun!
Thanks yo. :]
“Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.” -Salvador Dali

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#90 Post by VenusEclipse »

Good idea. I'll see what I can do to make it easier for people who just can't fix the graphics. I'll experiment around. I'll try my best to do some fixes. Time is not on my side at the moment. =(

@Rainbow: =D It's really tough to make the characters look different and stick with their own personalities for sure. I ended up rewriting a lot of the character's stories but I'm glad I made those changes. =D
@ngareci + Rainbow: Aww, that really made me happy. Really, I don't know how to express it. =D

@ixWishing: I'm really stuck if those solutions don't work. DirectX and software renderer work for almost everyone who tried. =(

~I can't thank people enough for playing!~