Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

Re: Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

#91 Post by GlassHeart »

@ Reyire
Thank you for the in depth response.
I'm glad you were able to understand and empathize with the characters for the most part, of course hoping everyone would feel the same of every situation in the game isn't realistic. I know most, if not all, of the more touching scenes still had some humor in them. I find that it's like that in real life and, I admit, I was too afraid to do just pure fluff. I could almost see the eyes of players rolling as I wrote them. :lol:
I'll try to put at least one pure lovey-dovey scene next time ^^

@ PrettieAngel
...considering how free GxBs are rarely released, I thought I'd give it a try
And people keep complaning there are so many of them (at least from what I've read). Most of those people forget how few of them actually get released.

The fangirling was 100% intentional I'm afraid. I know the game pushes you towards Alden, and I think I've explained before it's because MC is biased towards him in the beginning. However all the characters have unavoidable scenes. So you get to spend time with everyone, there's no way to completely avoid anyone.

If you ever need help unlocking an ending, there is a walkthrough I've put up on my blog for those who need to get all endings in a game (like me!)
Thanks for replying!
Image Image

PrettieAngel
Regular
Projects: Aurora Spirit

#92 Post by PrettieAngel »

I thought the complaints were mostly aimed towards WIP? There seems to be a fair number of GxB in the WIP section, but very few of them are completed, especially ones of decent length. I thinks your might be the only free one released this year on the Ren'Py game's list, which is the main place I look.

Anyway, I'll refer to the walkthrough if I get desperate. :)

Ashmina

#93 Post by Ashmina »

Hmm im gonna try this ^.^ hope its good !

RenZero
Regular

#94 Post by RenZero »

Oh, I loved this game so much, thank you for made it :'( I almost cried with
Alden's ending (the one in which he rejected her love)
Really, I felt so indentificated with the main character... I'm gonna play it again and try with the other endings. The game is awesome, keep up the good work!

Ashmina

#95 Post by Ashmina »

I really liked it 2 :)!!!!
In to the sky to win or die

xKairi
Regular

#96 Post by xKairi »

Oh my gosh! I seriously thank you from the bottom of my heart for this game! \(*w*)/ I wuv you! *huggles* xD

I'm VERY picky when it comes to the art of the games I try... I don't play unless I find the art 'passable'. I'll admit there are times I don't like the art of the game, but I eventually got over it once I got deep into the storyline. I found the change of art style distracting and off at first, but I eventually enjoyed it. :)

My favorite character, like most people here, is Devlin! (>w<) The moment I saw him, I knew for sure I WANTED to get him! I sorta have the knack for the bad boys. Teehee. I dunno why but I think of them as cute... makes me want to hug them! Haha! Maybe I pity them, or something... I dunno. But like Iris said, the type of guys like that turn out to be the sweetest of them all! :"> You seriously had me agreeing with you 100% there! xD I had to use a walkthrough to get his best ending though. The first time I played, I could've sworn I was sure I'd get him! You are so full of surprises!

AMAZING JOB! :D

I hope you make another game I'd super enjoy like this! :)

sayu_k
Regular

#97 Post by sayu_k »

I loved playing this! *-*
It made me remember my first love >D
thanks for sharing this beautiful work!

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allan Poe

nefferinthia
Regular

#98 Post by nefferinthia »

So I played this way late because I didn't have a laptop but I must say I absolutely adored it. The MC was so very relatable to me, I am just like her. I had a crush like Alden before and her stalker-ish behavior is totally what I did back then xD My favorite character was definitely Seth, he reminded me way too much of my own best guy friend but then in a way I could also fall in love with him. I laughed out loud quite a bit on his scenes and well, I could really feel the connection between him and the MC. I don't know, overall, your visual novel felt very real.

I liked Alden too, it was obvious wish fulfillment for the MC and I totally knew how she must've felt. I thought I was on the right track for sure but I didn't get his best ending yet. Time to use the walkthrough. Honestly, I don't understand what everyone liked about Devlin so much, I'll play his route because I like your VN but I really don't feel compelled at all to be nice to him. Which is strange because I usually totally go for the jerk with a heart of gold-type characters. I guess it was just a little too much jerkiness i the beginning but hey, my opinion could change after I've played his route.

All in all, I think you've done a really great job with this. A lovely addition to the English otome scene.

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped

#99 Post by GlassHeart »

Thanks so much everyone for your comments! I hope you're all enjoying the holidays ^^
I've been a little lazy working on my other projects but reading reviews always makes me happy.

I was wondering if there is any other place where I could post the game for it to get more downloads. Since it has gotten some good reviews I thought maybe I should spread the word? I'm not very knowledgeable about these things. This forum is the only one of its kind I go to. I wish someone had gotten me interested in VNs sooner. lol

@ Harumi Fujyoshi
Let me know if you change your mind about Devlin after playing his route. ^^
All I ever wanted while I made this game was to give back to the community so I hope I managed to do that.

@ xKairi
I feel the same about art. I don't really play games if the art doesn't appeal to me so I understand. I'm glad you managed to get past that and enjoyed the game. :D
Image Image

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#100 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

I'm refering to you and your game at my newly made site for otome (GxB) and vn games!!!
Is that fine with you??? :D
http://diamnodrosetears.wix.com/otomeluvworld
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

GlassHeart
Regular

#101 Post by GlassHeart »

Of course it's fine. Thanks! ^^ I'm glad you liked my game enough to add it to your list. I've played all of them and I know they're really good.
Good luck with your site!
Image Image

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#102 Post by Ran08 »

Hmm... I think I have played the demo before. :D *checks demo thread*

Oh yeah, I've definitely played the demo. ^_^ Ahhh, I remember liking this very much! *clicks download button* I can't wait to play it! Mediafire is taking forever to load. Ooooh. Hurry up MF, I'm so excited to play this wonderf- oh lookie. <3 It's here! I'm downloading it right now. Again, I shall just tell you what I think once I've started this. And when I finish too. ^_^

EDIT: It's just like how I remember it, fun and refreshing. I am loving Devlin by the minute. I'm not yet done with it, and I just got to the part where he's telling her to get a blue dress. Awww, he's such a cutie. I'm doing a review of this on my blog, once I finish I'll let you know. XD Oh, and you told me in the demo thread that Alden lost anther fan huh? :) Well, I don't feel too connected to Alden's character. I'm a bit biased here though, because I'm kinda following Devlin's path right now. I'll tell you what I think in more detail once I finish. =)

Thank you for this wonderful novel by the way! <3

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#103 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

GlassHeart wrote:Of course it's fine. Thanks! ^^ I'm glad you liked my game enough to add it to your list. I've played all of them and I know they're really good.
Good luck with your site!
I haven't finished updating my list of otome games but your's is one of the must for sure!! I LOVE DEVLIN :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thank you!! I'm trying my best for it!:D
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

Kyuun

#104 Post by Kyuun »

Eeee! I got Seth's best ending after trying at least two times. Thank you so much for making this game, it's really awesome! I love Seth, as well as Alden, as well as Devlin. Yup. But probably Seth more. He just reminds me of a certain anime character...

Thanks again! I'll be playing Alden's and Devlin's routes! c:

Aseret
Regular

#105 Post by Aseret »

I REALLY enjoyed your game and was able to finally complete it with the walkthrough.
Your writing is hilarious and makes the characters' personalities really stand out :)
I loved the sprites and the cgs were well done too. Tbh though, i didnt really feel that
they went well together. However, this wasn't a major concern, since again, they were both well done.
The order of my favourite guys would be first Devlin (omg I LOVE him <3), then Seth (he's soo funny!) and then Alden (he's cute).
Just one question (I'm not sure if you already answered this), but:
the mystery cell phone guy.. who was that?
AND how did her cell phone end up in her mail box?
Like why did that random person steal her phone and then return it..?
Thanks for this awesome game and hope you continue to make more great ones :D
Last edited by Aseret on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.