That Cheap and Sacred Thing - Drama/Sci-fi

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TurtleFace

Re: That Cheap and Sacred Thing - Drama/Sci-fi

#286 Post by TurtleFace »

W-whut?! Noooo JUUUUDE!! Oh. My. God. That was just....ARGH! I wish there was a sequel where she gets the enternalovers and imprints them with Elly and Judes hard drive. One can dream though! Reminds me of DollHouse which is the best show ever! Essentially same thing except they aren't androids they're real people that were "imprinted" with whatever personality! D,:

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

#287 Post by inhalance »

This was one of the very first kinetic novels I've played. I remember crying like a baby after playing it, the story was just so touching ;; This novel actually set me up for more games/VNs. This is such an amazing novel, and I probably won't ever remove it from my computer ^^ Thanks for all of your hard work. :)
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

vyushko
Regular
Projects: The Tale of Euphoria: To Save the Desolate Future

#288 Post by vyushko »

I could not go past a certain point because of this:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

error: Out of memory

While running game code:
- script at line 242 of C:\Users\Carolyn\Documents\Visual Novels\renpy-6.12.0\TCAST/game/script.rpy
- python at line 262 of renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/00library.rpy.
- script at line 331 of renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/_layout/classic_load_save.rpym

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 279, in bootstrap
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\main.py", line 320, in main
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 367, in execute
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\exports.py", line 633, in say
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\character.py", line 697, in __call__
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\character.py", line 651, in do_display
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\character.py", line 467, in display_say
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\ui.py", line 236, in interact
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 1627, in interact
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 2205, in interact_core
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\layout.py", line 672, in event
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 264, in event
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 187, in run
File "renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/00library.rpy", line 262, in invoke_game_menu
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\game.py", line 297, in call_in_new_context
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 588, in execute
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\python.py", line 957, in py_exec_bytecode
File "renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/_layout/classic_load_save.rpym", line 333, in <module>
File "renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/_layout/classic_load_save.rpym", line 311, in _file_picker
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\ui.py", line 236, in interact
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 1627, in interact
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 1996, in interact_core
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 1327, in draw_screen
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\swdraw.py", line 871, in draw_screen
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\swdraw.py", line 636, in do_draw_screen
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\swdraw.py", line 464, in draw
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\swdraw.py", line 402, in draw
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\swdraw.py", line 251, in draw_special
File "render.pyx", line 656, in renpy.display.render.Render.render_to_texture (render.c:6883)
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\swdraw.py", line 889, in render_to_texture
File "C:\Users\Vlada\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc22\TCAST-win32\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 142, in surface
error: Out of memory

While running game code:
- script at line 242 of C:\Users\Carolyn\Documents\Visual Novels\renpy-6.12.0\TCAST/game/script.rpy
- python at line 262 of renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/00library.rpy.
- script at line 331 of renpy-6.12.0-mainline/common/_layout/classic_load_save.rpym

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.12.0e
“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.”

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#289 Post by Blue Lemma »

Finally got around to playing this. Thoughts:

* good work, nice story :)
* the philosophical implications are a bit messed up IMHO @_@
* good realism/consistency within the fantasy setting
* glad I played it :D
* let's see more!
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

supersoft

#290 Post by supersoft »

i really like this visual novel! i had to hold back my tears many times! it was very original and sweet and i would LOVE for you to carry out with the sequel.

Duffadash

#291 Post by Duffadash »

This was such a pleasure to play through. Thank you so much for making it.
The playdeb.net package worked wonderfully.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#292 Post by Akitsuki »

It's so touching~ I'm glad I tried it. I didn't expect to like kinetic novels at first (because you literally read, and not deciding stuff; but I do like reading thou) but I like this one *A* I love all the details you come up with, it's realistic! I would only comment about the drawing style differences between the background and sprites/CG, but it's only that.

Einara
Regular

#293 Post by Einara »

The story was enjoyable, even if a bit short and the art style is certainly unique and attractive. Keep up the good work!

sayu_k
Regular

#294 Post by sayu_k »

I rly cried... It was sad and emotional. The art is rly good and loved every second of it.

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allan Poe

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#295 Post by silverpikachu99 »

This game made me cry for so long!!!!T.T You did such a good job! *slowly claps hands in approval*
i'll cry if you yell at me

Akuni
Regular

#296 Post by Akuni »

Can I just cry in my milk please ;A; omg....that was so sad though T^T Juuuuude </3 My heart breaks a little inside.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#297 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I read this and I have to say, I really enjoyed it! I wish it was longer, though. A sequel needs to be in order!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Chibichann
Regular

#298 Post by Chibichann »

this game made me so emotional and the last picture was so heart warming,it made me cry :cry:

Scarves

#299 Post by Scarves »

Aaahhh love this so much! Especially Elly! Elly is like my favourite girls' name, ever, so maybe I was biased from the start, but her character totally lived up to it and more, argh I just want to pull her from the screen and hang out with her forever!! And we don't play baseball in Australia, so we'd be all good ;D

At first I was kinda sceptical about the premise, thinking it was gonna be just like AI (I did enjoy the Pinocchio/Blue Fairy reference!), but Autumn's human aspect lent the story a totally different perspective and direction. And no good kinetic novel ever ended without leaving a life lesson:
always back up your data!
Thanks for the lovely story ^_^

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#300 Post by Kato »

It took me awhile to get around to reading this, KN's on my computer?! Kato says no! but I'm so glad I finally got there. I'm usually a pretty harsh critic (although I try to be constructive) but there was nothing that jumped out enough for me to even jot it down in my notepad. Loved the art, loved the writing and the story, the characters were all distinct and memorable and gosh darn by the end of it all I experience those horrible things called feelings.

A sequel, a spin-off, a... Ah... I dunno, but it would awesome to keep the ball rolling one way or the other! 5 out of 5 kato heads! :D
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds