The Shoujo Attack! Demo is Ready =:-D

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

The Shoujo Attack! Demo is Ready =:-D

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

Hey everyone! Please tell me what you think about how the game is shaping up by playing the demo:

http://www.lemmasoft.net/ShoujoAttack/

I hope you enjoy the game, and I'm looking forward to reading your comments. :)
Last edited by Blue Lemma on Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erik
Regular

#2 Post by Erik »

I certainly enjoyed this game, it's cool. I have played - and finished - the DOS Lemmings series, and I love them, so I love this one too (ok, so this one has nicely grown with the audience - me ;) )

How on earth did you think oh 'fan service shoujo'? It's hillarious :lol:

I hope, in the development, you get a save function, though, I had to stop after finishing level 4 with 30 shoujo's left and it didn't save :shock:

So - I guess it's going to be a long stretch of gaming to beat the game :D

It's really good. I hope ya finish it :)

Herumutsu
Regular

#3 Post by Herumutsu »

It's a good demo.

My strategy failed, though.
Played it to the end, but with only 26 survivors.

Will have to improve my strategy for the last level, I guess.
This has been the first time I ever touched a game like this, so it's not unusual that I am not good at it - I actually consider strategy one of my strong points.

Keep up the great work. I'm positive your site will eventually become quite popular if you do.
You can certainly count on me plugging your site whenever the time is right.

ozurr
Regular

#4 Post by ozurr »

My strategy failed, though.
Played it to the end, but with only 26 survivors.
It's a very challenging level. It took me quite a while to figure it out. It can be done though.

I've played Lemmings quite some time ago, but had forgotten how much I enjoyed that game. Thanks Blue Lemma!

Very nice demo and the music went well with it too.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#5 Post by Blue Lemma »

I was really struggling with the right difficulty level for the demo. I wanted some easy levels and some hard levels because I didn't want people to think it's a walk in the park. Of course, I didn't want them to become too frustrated, either. Many of the levels have multiple solutions, too (and I'm sure I haven't thought of all of them.) Level 3 is a good example of a multiple solution level. The original solution I intended takes some time, but the alternate solution I later found takes just a few seconds. :lol: I'm glad people are enjoying the game so far. Look forward to many more skills, such as: Mecha Pilot Shoujo, Fighter Shoujo, Idol Shoujo, and Smart Shoujo!

(Herumutsu: So you're with Lavasoft, huh? Ad-Aware is a great product! I used it to remove oodles of spyware from an old computer. :) )

Herumutsu
Regular

#6 Post by Herumutsu »

Blue Lemma wrote:(Herumutsu: So you're with Lavasoft, huh? Ad-Aware is a great product! I used it to remove oodles of spyware from an old computer. :) )
Yes - glad you like our product. We're currently hard at work with version 6.2, and I feel I can safely tell you that the time of release is coming very close at this time.

Anyway, I'm going to give the demo a second try as soon as I have some time again.
You did a great job at setting up the difficulty level IMO. Looking forward to the full version.

Herumutsu
Regular

#7 Post by Herumutsu »

Played it to the end again, this time with 30 survivors.

Kinda hard to believe I didn't think of the solution the first time through, now that I have found it.

I do have plenty of cheap excuses for my ego, though. :D
Like, as mentioned before, 'I've never played any lemmings-style games before'. Or maybe something a little more subtle, such as 'I would've normally been asleep already when I first gave it a try, but after dealing with user-support, beta-testing and translating stuff for Lavasoft the whole day, I needed a bit of relaxation and figured this game might just be what I am searching for, which proved to be true.' ;)

This is, btw, a true story of how I came to play this game.

Ok, I think I might be going a bit too much off-topic here, so I'm going to quote Blue Lemma to make sure people remember the purpose of the thread:
Blue Lemma wrote:Hey everyone! Please tell me what you think about how the game is shaping up by playing the demo:

http://www.lemmasoft.net/ShoujoAttack/

I hope you enjoy the game, and I'm looking forward to reading your comments. :)

Unicorn
Regular

#8 Post by Unicorn »

:) Great! :)

I almost forgot how addictive Lemmings and all its sequels were. Now, I am reminded by a crowd of suicidal shoujos with a few cute special-functions! :lol:

Congratulations Lemma!
You picked up a fascinating concept and put bishoujo-stereotypes into them. I am sure, everybody who likes bishoujo-games or is familiar with these stereotypes from manga or anime will love this game. At least if he/she is also likes to get his/her brain in gear.

I still have to work on perfection for the fifth level, so I didn't yet even try for the sixth, but I like the way how the different abilities complement each other. Because they don't work exactly the same as in "Lemming", it was also necessary to work on a few new strategies how to approach certain problems.

Great work! Especially if I think about that it was done just to kill some time until the graphics for ToL2 are done. Also the soundtrack is nice. Especially the theme for level 4 fitted in great with the level's name.
I (as probaly almost everybody who downloaded the demo) am already looking forward to the finished version.

Keep up the good work!

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#9 Post by Zintar »

Haven't played a game like this. but wat can I say -I'm hooked.

level 6 was quite a challenge. :x

I eventually finished it -it's a really cool game 8)

loved the fanservice shoujo. :shock: :oops: :twisted: :( :cry:

TGWBTB

#10 Post by TGWBTB »

I feel stupid... I'm stuck on lvl. 3. Of course, this is after 10 minutes of playin, but...
"Not in the face! Not in the face!"

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#11 Post by chronoluminaire »

That was *great* fun. I had success in reaching the end of the demo with 30 shoujo, eventually (took a little over an hour).

My solution to level 6 felt a bit cheesy though... it required literally pixel perfect timing at one point.
- pause and look at the shoujo
- "she's not in the right place just yet"
- click to unpause
- fraction of a second later, pause again and look at the shoujo
- "she's not in the right place just yet"
- click to unpause
- fraction of a second later, pause again and look at the shoujo
- "darn, she's gone too far, restart the level :("
Is there a solution which doesn't need that kind of cheese?

But the game as a whole works excellently. I'll be recommending people to this one for sure. I'm pretty sure I solved one or two of the other levels in ways that aren't how you're meant to as well.

(Oh, and the tentacles are a horribly perfect version of Nuke. You naughty man ;) )

BlackSpider
Regular

#12 Post by BlackSpider »

Well, I'll post the second part of my comments here.

As I said it's a very nice game. Once I've changed sound drivers no more bgm problems and I could play until I passed the last level. LOL, I only made it through with 2, but it's because I don't have much time to play games right now. Anyway, a save/restore function would be really appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#13 Post by Zintar »

Same solution as "chrono". 8)

I wouldn't be able to do level 6 with 30 shoujo - 3 times in row let alone twice. :lol:

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#14 Post by Blue Lemma »

Fear not, good players! The full version will be more forgiving when it comes to pixel-hunting. :) I know how frustrating it can be.

Shoujo Attack! progress update: Added Fighter Shoujo, made 4 levels, and reduced loading time

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#15 Post by Zintar »

Cool, new shoujo. 8)

Any more to look out for. :shock: