Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Realistic

#16 Post by Realistic »

everyone whos seen it made the same comment about her being a little "long in the waist" my second one looks better, it even has a background :D ill upload it later tonight, get it on devart, and link it.

-Realistic

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#17 Post by rioka »

My main reason for putting this up is for mikey and other Misato fans - enjoy! ^_~

BlackSpider
Regular

#18 Post by BlackSpider »

Wow eclipse, once again great stuff here. With proper CG this could be wonderful :).

Keota

#19 Post by Keota »

I'm not really god at manga or anime or anything but here's one of my drawings.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/8099866/
This is the actually the best drawing I've every done...kind of sad actually.

BlackSpider
Regular

#20 Post by BlackSpider »

Since nobody wants to C&C on the last drawing submitted I'll put my 5c here :).
It's actually quite good Keota for anime-like characters. However her left hand and her left leg seem quite unnatural.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#21 Post by Otaku Dash »

I can't belive this thread had so many replies already....

I haven't been here latelly because...

1 -> I got sick (still am a little)... :x

2 -> Cable modem went dead while i was sick :evil:

Eclipse -> as i said...i have been sick so i didn't practice my colouring much.. but since i'm better i am doing my best now.. :)
When i have something new i'll post it here :wink:
BTW nice misato pic! I agree with Black Spider about it being amazing if it were CG..

Sai -> Thanks to you i was able to fix the prob with Photoshop! Thx a lot! :D Now tho follow the toturials and learn how to color right... 8)
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#22 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:My main reason for putting this up is for mikey and other Misato fans - enjoy! ^_~
I love it! Do you have a bigger picture? :) Looks really nice, unlike the majority of fan-arts I've seen (you know, hentai and all that) :roll:

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#23 Post by rioka »

I haven't had time to do a decent critique but I'll give a quick looksee right now..

Realistic>> 1. Her head looks like a top. Flat at top and not rounded.
2. It looks like she has no shoulder to speak of as it basically curves down from ner neck except for her one side which is higher...
3. Her ribbon is low for her shorts. So low, it looks like it's a very low cut short kind of like low cut jeans. I see it as that since the knots look like they form just a little above it. And where the knot is formed, that is where the strings and the "waist" part of the shorts should be.
4. Her torso/hip region looks a bit too elongated. You could extend the middle line of the shorts up a bit more but that only helps a bit.
Other than that - just slight tweakings here and there but those are your major areas of improvement.

Keota>> 1. Her arms don't match in length.
2. Her posterior is too small as is her upper thigh. When a person sits, the muscles in the leg and butt get pushed up and out.
3. It looks like you were going for the foreshortening look but you should've extended her knee out a bit more. Compared to her lower leg, her upper thigh does not look like it will match.
4. Her shin (knee to ankle) looks to be bending outward. The front of the lower leg is a bone that keeps it straight. If anything should bend, it would be the muscles behind that bone.
Keep at it especially the anatomy. =)

I've been meaning to CG it but I haven't had a chance yet. And yes, I do have a bigger picture, mikey. I'll link the bigger one later today. =D
Hope you feel better, Otaku Dash!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#24 Post by PyTom »

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#25 Post by rioka »

A little late in coming but better late than never. Here's a bigger version of Misato. She has a red bathing suit, btw.

Oooo, nice one PyTom. She's cute. Is she going to be in your game? =D
Last edited by rioka on Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#26 Post by PyTom »

I like your Misato. Is she inked with actual ink, or on the computer?

Yes, the character I posted is one intended for my game. She also shows some stylistic changes, that I think will persist in the game art. Lighter shading (25% versus 33%) and different eyes being foremost among them.

She was drawn, from scratch, in the CVS version of Inkscape.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#27 Post by rioka »

Yes, she was drawn and inked on paper then scanned.

How long does it usually take you to make a character? If it's as easy as I've heard it's supposed to be, maybe I'll become a convert and get into vector drawings.... ^_^

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#28 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:Here's a bigger version of Misato.
:D thanks!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#29 Post by PyTom »

How long does it usually take you to make a character?
I'm still fairly new to drawing at all. The only reason I use vector graphics is because I can't draw a straight line or a curve to save my life. Doing that "drawing" took me about a day, although quite a bit of that time was tweaking body shape and the outfit.

Inkscape requires a bit of thinking ahead when you're drawing. Every curved line in the picture was originally laid out as a straight line, which was then treated as a bezier and bent. Also, there's no provision for modulating line width.

Vector appeals to me because I can tweak lines that I get wrong the first time, and even make major changes to the drawing. I'm not sure how much it will appeal to people who are actually good at drawing, and can produce a good picture the first time.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#30 Post by rioka »

PyTom wrote:I'm not sure how much it will appeal to people who are actually good at drawing, and can produce a good picture the first time.
I don't know about drawing it straight into the computer, but I think the attraction into using vector is coloring. Coloring an image using Photoshop takes awhile. You have to color using brush strokes. It's very tedious. Especially doing extra detail work.