Arowa-kun's Art Thread

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Arowa

Arowa-kun's Art Thread

#1 Post by Arowa »

Hey guys, since the skill development forum has been archived, I'm starting a new thread here for critiques. Mostly it'll be for my sprites and backgrounds. My friend gave up on our work, so now it's just me. I still wanna finish our idea though.

Oh and I apologize for my behavior from my previous thread. Eh, guess I was skeptical back then, even with all those directions. Looking back I feel like an old man grinning at a child's tantrum. Ah well, all I needed was a look at picture of the skeletal system as well as the muscular system.

Then I understood what was wrong.

Still, sorry for finding it difficult to follow all the advice. I hope you guys would take a look at the things I'm doing now as well.

(For the first part, I'll be posting the updated versions of the sprites I sketched before. After I'm done with these I'll move on to writing the prologue and story...)
Attachments
And finally with her coat.
And finally with her coat.
And her again with her shirt, tie, belt and pants.
And her again with her shirt, tie, belt and pants.
Then comes Adelheid Stanford...in her undergarments.
Then comes Adelheid Stanford...in her undergarments.
Then him again in his school uniform(I'll have to think of an emblem or something.)
Then him again in his school uniform(I'll have to think of an emblem or something.)
First we have Rowan(Last name not decided, maybe some suggestions as well?)...in his white boxers.
First we have Rowan(Last name not decided, maybe some suggestions as well?)...in his white boxers.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Arowa-kun's Art Thread

#2 Post by 15385bic »

the characters look interesting and look nice =]
i'd be happy to play a game with those guys in it
good luck 8D

Arowa

#3 Post by Arowa »

Thank you very much! I don't suppose I can ask for suggestion on anything to improve on?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by 15385bic »

suggestions? i dont think i should be able to say anything since i can barely follow my own advice LOL

but um letseee if i have to be picky....

i think the girl looks like she's pinching her clothes up when in reality she has he hand on her hip?
otherwise try holding ur had on ur hip and see what feels natural - i know i always tilt my body slightly rather than standing straight
here - easier to just redline ^^'
Adel.png
Rowanr.png

Arowa

#5 Post by Arowa »

Finally, I'm done with the next sprite! This one took some work, but she's always been my favorite! She's supposed to be a Chef or a Baker(Haven't quite decided yet.) First round I drew her with her fringe drooping, then my research told me that Chefs/Bakers, at the very least, pull back their fringe when working...

So I did a new hairstyle with her holding the hair back with a hairband. I hope the dangling back is still acceptable!

Also, I did some changes according to the suggestions given to me:

Adjusted Adel's shoulder a bit.
Changed the position of her left hand.
Lightened some of her shading.
Lengthened the width her hips and legs a bit.

I didn't want Adel's stance to be so pushed back like in the suggestions, wanted a soft touch instead, so I didn't change her overall stance. Anyways, I imagined it would be painful to stand like that for an extended period of time, but maybe that's just me...

Rowan's shoulder is put into balance in proportion.
Shortened his lower arms.
Added in defined collar bones.

Rowan's only sixteen or so, so I didn't want him to have such a defined body. Rather than drawing the arms to match his pecs, I tweaked the pecks a bit, erased some lines here and there, hopefully now its more acceptable.
Attachments
Though, his uniform remains more or less the same.
Though, his uniform remains more or less the same.
Rowan's body is less buff now.
Rowan's body is less buff now.
Also, tweaked a bit on her coat.
Also, tweaked a bit on her coat.
Of course, with the changes to her body, the shape of her attire changed as well.
Of course, with the changes to her body, the shape of her attire changed as well.
Adel's Neutral Sprite in her Underwear, revised.
Adel's Neutral Sprite in her Underwear, revised.
Finally, we have her in full uniform! Love the way the toque came out!
Finally, we have her in full uniform! Love the way the toque came out!
And here's her in a new hairstyle, I hope it works!
And here's her in a new hairstyle, I hope it works!
Here's Estelle, the Genius of my story, in her... undergarments.
Here's Estelle, the Genius of my story, in her... undergarments.

TakeOverWorld
Regular

#6 Post by TakeOverWorld »

I like the look of your sprites, but for me, having the entire area of Rowans abs that dark looks strange. Also, with the chef character, the forearms are a bit too long, and the gap between the crossed arms, if you cross your arms, normally there is no gap. It's a bit forced to cross your arms like that. But I like the way you shaded her uniform.