Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB] [Fantasy] [Adventure]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
wonderland
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB] [Fantasy] [Adventure]

Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB] [Fantasy] [Adventure]

#1 Post by wonderland »

Logo made by: iiStarCandy

As you carry on through the story you'll see a dark twist on each character. Trust me these aren't the fairytales you grew up with. And your Prince now may not even be the prince that will save you. Can you stop the curse?

"Wake up Snow!"

They were counting on you to break the spell, to wake up from the apple, and battle the Evil Queen one last time. It wasn't your fault though, no one could have stopped if they tried- not the trolls under the bridge, the knights, the dwarves, and all the princes and princess. All you know now, is you're living the life you think you have. As mind boggling and confusing it is- it's true. The Evil Queen took every fairytale and wrote herself as the main character. She's finally the queen and none of the characters have the memory to think other wise. Everyone thinks the life they're living now, is the life they've been living since the very beginning. There's no magic, no happiness, and no happily ever after. You're no longer Snow, you've created your own name, and tried to put the pieces in why you only have one memory: an apple. You live the life of a thief, a hot headed a very experienced thief. You're now living in a shack underneath the ground with your friend, Mushu, (who is constantly trying to convince you he's a dragon guardian and that you were a princess) life was normal. At least what you think was normal. That was until one thing happened, and maybe Mushu was right.
"It seems like the precious Snow has fallen to the ground."

YOU:

Name: Snow/[You pick]
My head is worth thousands? That's sweet, I don't come cheap!
You're a hotheaded, stubborn, stealthy, conniving thief. You're very sarcastic and with your new life, you'd throw up if you knew you were a princess. With your stubborn attitude you give Mushu a hard time with your constant refusal to believe anything should change- even with the cruel tyrant Evil Queen.

Obtainable Characters:

Name: Prince Eric/ Captain Eric

Somehow I'm drawn to the sea, maybe that's what love feels like..

Everyday he sails somewhere new, an excuse to stay on the sea. He's the captain of a ship dedicated to taking over the ships that the queen sets out. He's very demanding and hot headed yet free spirited. He tends to be very loud and makes a lot of jokes that turn you red. He also tends to tease you, and make jokes at any uncomfortable situation for him. He always states he's looking for something but not sure what. Since he's young, he's very immature and tends to be under minded a lot. His age is a very sore subject to him.. Maybe cause he can't remember it?

Name: "The Beast"
Even a beast can fall in love, but can someone like you fall in love with a beast..

Although he's doesn't look like a beast, but has gained the nickname "The Beast" for his behavior. He likes to be alone and hides his face in a book. He's very tempered and tends to over think things. He doesn't like to talk much and keeps to himself. Since no one knows his real name, he takes his nickname very literally thinking his of a different species from everyone and ostracizes himself. He once had a love but she slipped away... Maybe that's the reason for his cold behavior? Does he remember the curse?

Name: Prince Charming/ Charming

I know I love you and I'll always will. No matter how twisted love seems...

A charming bandit [hence the name] who cares more for money than anything in the world. He's a real heart stealer as he a stealer. He manages to womanize and trick every girl he's laid eyes on. He seems to have no memory of what had happened or that he'd ever loved you- simply because he can't grasp what the heck love was. He's very cowardly and he has his eyes transfixed on you..

Name: Prince Phillip/ Sir Phillip
My whole life I wanted to protect, but now I only seem to want to protect you...

Now the leader of the rebellion against the queen. He seems far off at times but his heart is in the right place. He's very protective and tends to love too fast, meaning he gets hurt a lot. He gets hurt more from love than in the battle field causing him he to hide his feeling. He's very serious about his now high position putting it first in his life, which in reaction causes him to seem distant.

Other Characters:

Name: Mushu

She was just as strong as you and I admired her very much, but she's forgotten me..

He's a spiked red headed boy who constantly tries to remind you of your "past." You constantly get him into trouble and he always has to figure out a way to get out. He seems to be depressed at the fact that in his "past" he was a guardian for another girl who's completely forgotten him.

Name: Ariel
If you stole it, then it wasn't really yours to begin with..

Quite ironic that her new life is being the fastest thief in the whole land and that she can't swim for her life. She's come to believe that her family died at sea, since when she woke up, she was in the ocean. She's very pretty and tends to use her beauty as her seconds greatest weapon. (oppose to her quickness) She butts heads with you a lot by stealing the stuff you stole.

Name: Belle
I always screw up, the light in the oven is brighter than me..

She's a baker who constantly messes up. She's a big clutz and isn't very bright. She even somehow manages to burn water. She works for her grandmother or who she thinks is her grandmother and is constantly yelled at by her. Belle is very sweet to you and sometimes even turns the other way when you try to steal something.

Name: Cinderella/ Cindy

Glass slippers? I've seen cabbages cuter than those..

The only princess who seemed to still be in royalty. She's a very rich and a very stuck up girl who's "father" is in second command to the queen. Due to her money supply, she butts head with the rebellion a lot. Although she won't admit it, she's fallen head over heels in love with Prince Charming and tries to attract him with money. She's very materialistic and hasn't even lifted a toe in years.

Name: Evil Queen/ Queen Grimhilde
I just want to win for once...

Although she's evil and she's casted the spell that ruined it all, she actually very insecure and sometimes loathes the fact that people hate her. She's revealed that the reason she's turned so cold was because a deal with devil for her heart- which in return is no longer there. She likes to burry her feelings under black veils and a thirst for power.

Name: Mirror
Like every spell, it can be broken with- true loves kiss...

The only thing that's magical in the "new" world. It's been said that the Queen was in love with him and made a deal for his life. However, the dealer tricked her and entrapped him in the mirror forever. He's very smart and seems to know everything about anything.

Maybe Characters:

Name: Ms. Potts

A girl with a bunch of handsome boys living in one castle? Sounds a little risque don't you think?

A fat, plump women who's easily deceived for inability to notice the bad in people. She's often into trouble with bandits, and is even smiling when she's mugged. She's very naive and even though she's in the "new" world she still has her head in the clouds of some fantasy land. She believes in princess and princes just as much as the next little girl. Being such a circular and dolled up old lady, it seems to be impossible to break her heart so you do whatever she says.

Progress:
Story: 100%
Script: 95%
Sprites: 100%
CG's: 50%
BG: 100% (using sites)

[*]Great news! I found some AMAZING artists:
Artist: Arleccina
Other Artists(Helping out (:): 9-of-Hearts
[*][/size][/b]
Attachments
screenshot0003.png
screenshot0003.png (156.21 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
1_by_noxianpixi-d5yb1nr.png.jpeg
1_by_noxianpixi-d5yb1nr.png.jpeg (23.31 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
Last edited by wonderland on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:02 am, edited 65 times in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB, Fantasy, Adventure]

#2 Post by Ran08 »

I think the concept is really nice! :) I do hope you'll continue it. If you need some testers, I'd be glad to help you in any way I can. :D

If you do need help with that I can help you, except for the art because I don't own a tablet. I'm too lazy to draw on paper and then scan them, color them digitally and stuff. :)))) Argh, we have the same problem ^_^

Veniae
Veteran

#3 Post by Veniae »

Heh, cute premise! I really like the sound of this, I hope you will finish it!

A question, though: are the dark grey/black lines on Snow's skin supposed to be shading? Because if they are, I'd say they don't quite work - they look more like dirt smudges (if they really are smudges, feel free to ignore this comment. xD)

Good luck with your project!

Aines445
Regular

#4 Post by Aines445 »

Wow, the story sounds REEEALLY awesome! I would really like it if you finished this, because I would totally play it!

And the art isn't that bad, from what I saw of the heroine.

I really think this would be a great game so yeah, I hope you finish this! ^-^

wonderland
Regular

#5 Post by wonderland »

Aw, thanks guys! You're so sweet!
If you do need help with that I can help you, except for the art because I don't own a tablet. I'm too lazy to draw on paper and then scan them, color them digitally and stuff. ))) Argh, we have the same problem ^_^
I know, I have this terrible disease called lazy, it's terrible! It stops me from the creative, helpful citizen I want to be :p
A question, though: are the dark grey/black lines on Snow's skin supposed to be shading? Because if they are, I'd say they don't quite work - they look more like dirt smudges (if they really are smudges, feel free to ignore this comment. xD)
Oh gosh if that was shading I'd probably not even post it. Yeah, they're suppose to be dirt smudges to show that she's not very "princess-y" anymore.
I really think this would be a great game so yeah, I hope you finish this! ^-^
I'm still a little hesitant (because of art and yeah.) but thank you so much! I'll try :3

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Ran08 »

Hahahaha! But really, please continue this. The story seems to be pretty good. It's putting a twist on classic fairytales. ;) I like that kind of drama/literature/art. XD

wonderland
Regular

#7 Post by wonderland »

The story seems to be pretty good. It's putting a twist on classic fairytales. I like that kind of drama/literature/art.
Awesome! I hope I don't disappoint you :3 Also, I've added "Mushu" as an example of my hopelessness in drawing ,:P
Attachments
mushusad.png

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#8 Post by RunicV »

This is mildly interesting.

I like the concept and idea, and it looks like you're a writer and not an artist. I see you're using edited versions of Creative Common sprites for now.

If you're not motivated, though, that would be a pity. This looks too nice to be dropped.

Perhaps you could look for some artists? I'm sure some people are interested in this sort of story. Or you could do an NVL-mode story and focus more on sounds instead of art.
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Ran08 »

Wonderland, I don't think you'd disappoint me. XD I'm hard to disappoint. Lol. But I do expect much from this, mainly because of the lines you put with the characters.
Name: Evil Queen/ Queen Grimhilde
I just want to win for once...
See? Teehee.

wonderland
Regular

#10 Post by wonderland »

Perhaps you could look for some artists? I'm sure some people are interested in this sort of story. Or you could do an NVL-mode story and focus more on sounds instead of art.
Hm, I'm not sure if people would be interested and I'm not even sure I know where to look..

@Ran08

Alright, I'll try my best! Thanks!
"Keep your head up princess, if not the crown falls.."

Aines445
Regular

#11 Post by Aines445 »

Not motivated? Damn, I WANT to play a game like this! I most surely don't want it to be dropped now that I've seen it! The art isn't THAT bad (I think the hair coloring could be better, but I think that's personal preference (?)), and even if it were, the story's pretty cool. And I'm in a worst situation, since I'm not even making a visual novel ( I'm planning on it though). Well that's because I'm more of an artist, but I don't have the right equipment. The best I could do is draw in a paper and since I don't have some nice paint, I color with coloring pencils (XD). So yeah, your art is not bad, And the characters are very good, cause they seem very developed in personality, and I'm a very character-driven person.

So I REEEEEALLY hope it will be done! ^-^

wonderland
Regular

#12 Post by wonderland »

Perhaps you could look for some artists? I'm sure some people are interested in this sort of story.
I finally found an artist! She's absolutely amazing! So I think this project is a go! :D
The art isn't THAT bad (I think the hair coloring could be better, but I think that's personal preference
The art by me is pretty bad, that's why I treat my new artist like a god! (: Thank you guys for the kind words and the suggestions!

Aines445
Regular

#13 Post by Aines445 »

Woah, you're making some nice progress, you're really lucky that people are helping you like that, and I honestly think that's amazing.

I wish you good luck on this, and I'll be waiting for some awesome updates on this! ^-^

wonderland
Regular

#14 Post by wonderland »

Hi everyone! Thank you for your lovely words!

I was wondering for some suggestions: When Snow is restarting her training again, do you want there to be able to a fighting game, where you choose her moves and attacks and if you win you win love points? Or is that not necessary?

Also, how early should Snow remember? In the story so far I wrote that she has a couple of nightmares until she wants to break the curse? Or what do you think? Anyways, I would love to hear opinions and suggestions to make the story better! (: Thank you guys so much!

Aines445
Regular

#15 Post by Aines445 »

Hmmm......Well, for the fighting system, what do love points do? If they're affection for certain guy maybe, I don't think you should, but if it has other purposes (other name for exp for example) then you could go on with it! And a fighting system is pretty complicated so it would be pretty cool! ^-^

And for the other question, I don't think it should be early, but yeah the nightmare thing could work but if you remember too early, who do you think Snow's gonna go for? <.< Nevermind that, maybe somewhat in the middle, not at the bitter end, but kinda late in the game, besides it's stated that Mushu is aware that you were once a princess, so he's kinda making sure you remember pretty early. But yeah the thing with the nightmares works, so I guess your in a good path.

By the way, some nice sprite art you got there!! =)