Doppelganger Dawn of the Inverted Soul-Demo [Reupload]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

Re: Doppelganger Dawn of the Inverted Soul-Demo [Reupload]

#31 Post by michi 18 »

I found this traceback when I opened the game:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'mmidle.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\execution.py", line 266, in run
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 646, in execute
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\python.py", line 1172, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 11, in <module>
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\ui.py", line 237, in interact
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1813, in interact
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2118, in interact_core
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 1402, in draw_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 366, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4567)
  File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2032)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 514, in render
  File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2290)
  File "render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2032)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\display\layout.py", line 514, in render
  File "render.pyx", line 95, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2290)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 276, in render
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\display\im.py", line 455, in render
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\display\im.py", line 205, in get
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\display\im.py", line 499, in load
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Michi18\My Documents\Downloads\doppleanger\Doppelganger+-+Demo-1.0-all\Doppelganger - Demo-1.0-all\renpy\loader.py", line 369, in load
IOError: Couldn't find file 'mmidle.png'.

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
Ren'Py 6.14.1.366

Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#32 Post by azureXtwilight »

That's weird, it didn't happen to the previous demo. I just downloaded the mediafire and reuploaded it. Did anyone else got that error? Can someone without the error upload their version? I really need your help.

nancie
Regular

#33 Post by nancie »

azureXtwilight wrote: Can someone without the error upload their version? I really need your help.
I know you said you had some trouble with mediafire, but it's all I use for my uploads. I have an account so I uploaded it all in one file for you and checked the download myself there is no charge.
http://www.mediafire.com/?pln4yxbb24lfnyq

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#34 Post by michi 18 »

Oh thank you for that! I dont know why they charged me when I tried but thank you!
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#35 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you! Uploaded first page link :D

vyushko
Regular
Projects: The Tale of Euphoria: To Save the Desolate Future

#36 Post by vyushko »

Cool DEMO!
Errors:
There were no errors.(I am using Windows)
But there were a few illogical things:
1.When Lucia goes back to get her shopping bag, she leaves her brother waiting for her. It does not show her going bak and helping him. It just skips to the next day.(Poor guy. He was abandoned)
2.When talking to Lee, Lucia describes Clifford as someone with purpleish eyes and blond hair( I think you changed the eye color)
3. I chose to go WITH Lee to the cafe, but he still said: "I already feel bad for letting you come here alone, let me take you home."
Typos/Mistakes:
I found a few mistakes such as simple letter swap, but there were a few mistakes in which you just put the word in the wrong tense(If you need the details, just tell me and I can post them for you.)
Story/Characters:
About the story- it's really interesting and I can't wait for you to finish it. Of course, it's a big change going from Romance/Fantasy to Horror/Romance, but I still think that this is turning out very well. I can definetly say that this story keeps me in suspense and I have read a few stories in which who identity of the culprit at some point in the story becomes obvious, but here, the farther into the story you get, the more mysterious it gets.
Characters:
Lucia: She is a very interesting character with a backbone. I still can't figure out if she is snobby though. Sometimes she seems really sweet and down to Earth, then sometimes she seems like a really sad person, then, for instance, when she was talking to Clifford at the end, she seemed like such a snob! I mean, come on! The guy may not be the nicest person in the world, but he was still asking for help. But then again, I can understand her. About the art, she looks really pretty, quite an improvment from the last DEMO.
Anastasia: She is suppossed to be a bad person that everybody hates, but to me she seemed like a girl that was just acting tough to get the acceptence of everone and the attention of everyone. Which makes her vain, but not a bad person. Of course, her desire for attention drove her actions a bit far, but when I saw her on the ground, covered in blood, I could not help but feel sorry for her. (She is quite pretty despite her somewhat mean character)
Yuri: He is suppossed to be a big bad delinquent, but I feel sorry for him. When he is fighting with his brother in the cafe, he mentions some stuff that make it seem as if he feels indebted to someone, or is blaming himself for the mess in the family. He tries to put up a bad-guy exterior, but he just wants some friends, even though he does not act that way to much, but he seems that way to me because he not only introduced himself by himself, unlike Clifford who only answered after Lucia asked and even then with reluctance. He also strected out his hand to shake hers, but Lucia apparetnly didn't see it fit to shake his so-called "dirty" hands. He looks much more handsome in this version that in the last. I really like his hair. I have a hunch that he is the guy that you get the true ending with.
Ignatius: There is not much to say about him, other then that he is adorable! I really like the way you drew him. But you said that he was 15, right? He acts quite mature for his age. A total opposite of what he was in the previous DEMO. But I still like him quite a bit.
Clifford:He is one big mystery!!! I can't figure him out. I can't even figure out if he is good or not because when he is asked questions in the extras he sayd that he hates red. He said is was to bright and eerie, one of the people that were talking in that dark room with the computer said a similar thing, but I may be reading into it all a little too much. For some reason, I like the way you drew him in the previos DEMO more. I don't know why. I think it's because here he gives off the vibe of a person that is eternally unhappy about something, in the previous one, he seemed like he didn't care about anything and he looked a bit more natural with a smirk.
Rico:He is suppossed to be a jerk, but it is pretty obvious that he is not. When he talks to Lucia he seems like a pretty happy-go-lucky person, but at the same time he has a sweet side because the news of Anastasia getting hurt hit him pretty bad. I think he is a very interesting character, but I liked the way he was drawn in the previous DEMO a little better. I am a little confused and I am also really in suspense because I wonder whether Lucia can or will really save him.(same goes for Clifford)
Raphael: He seems like a sweet happy-go-lucky guy that is easy to read, but since this is mystery and every other character has some kind of mystery, I have a feeling that there is a lot about him that we still don't know. I think he looks better in this version, though he did get quite a tan.
Blake: He seems quite egoistic, but I think that he really does have a heart beacuse in the conversation with Lucia over the phone he really seems to either worry or maybe it was consideration, but he acually seemed a bit more down to Earth. He looks much cuter in this version.
My favorite character would proabably be either Yuri or Clifford. I really like the new scenes you put in there and that you can see the people you are talking to, because in the previous version you could not see the parents, detective, brother and Anastasia, too. I really like this and will support you. I hope I have not offended you in any way with the things I have said. I am just trying to help. Sorry for waisting your time. Keep up the good work!
“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.”

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#37 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you for the kind review! I really want to respond to every and each of your reviews, but I am afraid I might be spoiling anything. Glad to know you're enjoying it so far, look forward to the release! :D

Also, mistakes fixed. Thank you~

TheOneTwo
Regular

#38 Post by TheOneTwo »

Uh.. well. This is a childish question.. But might as well say it. :oops:

Is it true that Jun and Yuri will end up together? I mean.. I was planning to chase Yuri but.. :cry:
Bish please, I'm fab.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#39 Post by azureXtwilight »

It's fine, you can still sorta date Yuri by shooing her away, methinks :mrgreen:

TheOneTwo
Regular

#40 Post by TheOneTwo »

:shock: REALLY?!! REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY?!! I can date Yuri?! OMG!!!!

Nee~~ Is there a path for Yuri?? :lol:
Bish please, I'm fab.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#41 Post by azureXtwilight »

Yeah, of course. I knew he'll be one of the attractions that people wishes to date... So he has a path :lol:

TheOneTwo
Regular

#42 Post by TheOneTwo »

You is soooo genius!! XD I love you azure!! Waaa~~ I'm so happy!!! :lol: :lol:
Bish please, I'm fab.