(P)lanets 2 [Cancelled]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Jayaa

Re: (P)lanets 2 [On Hiatus]

#211 Post by Jayaa »

I've got an plan ;D
At first I Date Yusa,then Mikah, after him Nemu an at last the guy with the Name whon I cant Rember... Argh, the Guy with Brown Hair...Hitomi? I don't know ;P

I love (P)Lanets ;D
But One question, (ore two) Kaius is in the Trailer, can I date him too?
And what about Ryuu and Lucan? And Ryuu?! (I love Ryuu at much ^^)
Again sorry for my english, i don't speak it very good, beacouse I'm from germany ;D

Greetings
Jayaa

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#212 Post by MioSegami »

Wah, it's on Haitus ;~; Will be waiting still though :333!!!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

TheOneTwo
Regular

#213 Post by TheOneTwo »

Why is this on Hiatus?? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well anyways, I really love the (P)lanets 1. I mean, it's a very very nice game. Well this game seems amazing. There are more obtainable character! OMG! I'll be stalking this. AND NO ONE COULD STOP ME. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bish please, I'm fab.

maboroshi1994

#214 Post by maboroshi1994 »

I'm sorry to hear you had to put (P)lanets 2 on hiatus, i finally got round to playing the first one recently and i was really impressed by how much it drew me in to the and i really think that the idea behind it could be really developed in a sequel but really, if you feel that at least right now you are not up to pushing further with (P)lanets 2 then don't, the worst art is done by people who lose interest in their project or who simply feel pressured into doing it, their displeasure seeps into that work and in a story like planets which as you said before is meant to be quite a happy story you could ruin it, take all the time that you need until you feel able to finish planets 2, you will benefit from it, your art will benefit from it, we will benefit from it and who knows, anything you else you make in the meantime may influence your ideas for the works you have on hold making them better. anyone who cannot accept that here (and i havent seen anyone who can't) is a fool.

i started college recently too so i can sympathize entirely with you feeling like you have no time.

space7case

#215 Post by space7case »

I have an idea.. if you are looking to create something more mature, why not make planets a college? Make it so there a planets high school, and then a college the students can graduate and move on to. Sense you go to college this should make it easier for you to relate with college experiences. You don't have to do this... but I thought it may be a good idea. Either the college, or make a specialty work place for psychics, that after they graduate from high school if the students choose they can move onto planets work company. The company can specialize in finding the perfect job for their psychic ability. That way all the characters you have already created can work there, so it won't be too many changes, or too much more work.

CherryJellybean

Re: (P)lanets 2 [GxB] [Sci-Fi School Life]

#216 Post by CherryJellybean »

teacup wrote:
ShadowBerry wrote:Oh my God!
Even if it wouldnt be an Otome Game I would so play it!
A year with seasonal Event etc., using your ability...
This is so much fun when I think of it!
*at the moment playing (P)lanets*
Thank you. My biggest priority is to create a game that's a fun experience.
I know that may sound silly, but I honestly just want to make a game that can make other people happy. ^^

Anyway, I would like to get some more helpful feedback so I figured I should ask some questions.
As mentioned in the first post, this game will cover an entire year so naturally it'll go through the seasons. The problem with this is that I'm using free backgrounds, many of which only have the basic variations [day/afternoon/night]. Would you find it incredibly distracting if the season was winter, but the background still was the same as it is in all the other seasons? :/ [take the courtyard for example... the grass is still gonna be green, even in winter].
I'm not really sure how to go about fixing this since I don't know how to edit the backgrounds to give them a more wintery or autumn-like appearance. Any suggestions? Would you be able to overlook this considering the limited resources I'm working with?

And as a side note, the character sprites blink now. I'm thinking about making their mouths move as well, but I'm not sure about this considering they're not voiced. How would you feel about un-voiced characters whose mouths still move when they're 'talking'? Would that be creepy or cool? XD
(P)lanets was absolutely amazing! As soon as I saw your post on your blog I was so excited for this! (Sorry if it sounds like I'm a stalker ^ ^') Unfortunately I can't help you with your background problem since I am not a background artist.(sorry :( ) If the sprites' mouths move then it would be creepy O.O well that's my opinion. Other than that...... I'M SO EXCITED! *squeals* :D

Julivia1

#217 Post by Julivia1 »

Oh my gosh! Its so good to see someone taking the trouble of making a free sequel game, you're amazing! Keep it up! :D

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#218 Post by teacup »

Guys, please take note of the hiatus in the title. I don't know how to make it any more clear.
I'm not working on this game right now and I won't be for a while, at least for several months. (I may resume in summer when I have free time).
I appreciate the support but there's no point in bumping this thread up anymore, while no updates are being posted on it. The games that are being worked on are the ones that need the bumps. :P That's only fair.

@maboroshi1994, WickedRaccoon, Aquane
Thanks for the sympathy. I'm glad you understand! ;u;

@space7case
That could be an idea, but it would require me to pretty much change the whole plot. It'd probably be easier to just make a new game from scratch. ^^; Still, thank you for the suggestion~

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#219 Post by ShadowBerry »

Yeah I understand the 'Hiatus' thingy xD
But there are still ppl who want to comment on this piece of awesomeness xD

We hope to see you soon in summer Tea~
Habe fun till then <3
Own project:

RoughsketchSymphony

#220 Post by RoughsketchSymphony »

I've played (P)lanets about three months ago and I can say it was one of the vn games that left an impression on me. More background on the characters' stories, like in the first game, Marin didn't even act on her impression on her parents (I believe - in my perspective - that even if they are parents, the child would at least confront them about it, not ignore it) and the few parts where there's action between Marin and one of the guys are a bit... scarce (forgive the term). Maybe a few more lovey-dovey scenes in the sequel, so I'm definitely waiting up for that.

P.S. Because of these types of vn stories, I am motivated to create my own. Hope to read (and play) the sequel soon! <3 Much love <3 :mrgreen:

Devil's Truth
Projects: Sky Love
Organization: Celestial Nighte

#221 Post by Devil's Truth »

Hey :)
I've played (P)lanets a few months ago, and I loved it :D I'm upset that (P)lanets 2 is on hiatus, but I guess problems always occur.
I'm also interested in your other game, Circum[N]avigate. I hope your getting through that fine without problems :)
Signed,
DevTru

kirmaros
Organization: BananaLogic studio
itch: kirmalight

#222 Post by kirmaros »

YAY i cant wait when will it be out??????

maboroshi1994

#223 Post by maboroshi1994 »

kirmaros wrote:YAY i cant wait when will it be out??????
...i don't think you've read the thread...its on hiatus, there is no current release date because the project is on hold.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#224 Post by teacup »

Most people don't read through the thread, or even the thread title for that matter >_>

Anyway, I'm just leaving a note to say that I am working on this again, but I won't be posting any updates until I have a significant amount of progress to show.
I haven't heard from my artist in months so I think it's okay for me to go ahead and overhaul the character designs (gah, I feel bad for doing this but it seems safe to assume that she's jumped ship or is just too busy). I'm going to completely change the characters to make them less cookie cutter. I might even change the setting to a different school other than Planets. It will still be focused on a group of people who have psychic powers in a school setting, but as someone mentioned above, college seems like it'd be a better place for me to put them, especially since I'm actually in college and I can relate to that more now than high school. There are enough high school otome games here, and I'm kinda done with that whole scene.
So yeah, in a few(?) months expect to see a totally different (P)lanets 2. I'll also likely be changing the title from that, to avoid comparisons to the first game and people crying about lack of Kaius.

Pandora
Regular

#225 Post by Pandora »

That's really awesome to hear. I'm glad you'll be changing the project to something that actually interests you. I'm looking forward to seeing the new version of (P)lanets 2, or whatever it may be called in the future~