Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#76 Post by azureXtwilight »

NatsukiDeath wrote:Oh freaking awesome! AzureXtwilight you have done it again with this super cool and edgy game. BRAVO!

Thank you for creating this terrifying, heart wrenching, thrilling, plot twisting game!

I really love it all (Much as the twist throw me for a bit to be fan girl "spazzing" out but then I continue to play with much zealous.)

I can't believe it all but I'm so amazed at this story, the hidden truths you pick up through the paths, the character developments and reveals. I happy with it not a focus on GxB but rather to survive, prevail over the dangers coming in from all sides.

By now I've gone through a bit of Raphael & Yuri's endings (By gosh the ends are crazy but awesome!)
I go to a few of Lee's endings (WIth me scowling at the screening and being terrified every five seconds!)

I freaking loving this game and I'm playing more!!!

Thank you for making this!!!!! <3

P.S With the unlock-able videos is that in this path now? And/or when would they show up in the Extras menu?
The unlockable videos are in the extras after you've entered the dawn of the inverted soul path, which you can obtain after clifford's XD

THANK YOU FOR PLAYIIIINGGG <3

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#77 Post by Coren »

As a co-storywriter of the team I'd just want to pop in to congratulate Azure on completing this game after so long. :'D

Sweet
Regular
Completed: To Think [KN], Here's the Tea, Nadine's Fairytale, Shining Light
Projects: Dragon Eater
Organization: ChickenRoostArt
IRC Nick: Ciera
Tumblr: ChickenRoost
Deviantart: ChickenRoostArt
Github: ChickenRoost
Soundcloud: ChickenRoostArt
itch: ChickenRoost
Discord: ChickenRoostArt

#78 Post by Sweet »

I am really excited to play this game (once it finishes downloading). Congrats on finishing it!

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#79 Post by lepapillonrouge »

I finished one (of many) endings...

Lee just amuses me. I can't wait to get his endings! I don't see why you guys have a problem with him at all. :D
The ending I got was actually one of Raphael's...the one where he throws himself off the roof. I call it, "Senpai notices you...then dies."
deviantART
---------------------

NineeSyahdu

#80 Post by NineeSyahdu »

Thank's for the hard work
I've been downloading it and currently try to pursue Ralph's path~

So far I love it

Sochie

#81 Post by Sochie »

Whoa is there even a happy end in this game? So far all of the endings I've gotten are so twisted and unhappy xD

Katty16
Regular

#82 Post by Katty16 »

When I got home from school I got suprised when I saw this was finished XD Thought it would take another year or something, have been stalking this for a long while now.
Downloaded it right away and have been playing it the whole day. Got one ending and I think it was a bad one >>
But it was such great game! I really loved it, but it was a little scary sometimes if I'm allowed to say it, but nothing bad with that, I just get easily scared sometimes XD The art was really awesome, you have gotten much better at it since the fantasia games ^^

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#83 Post by azureXtwilight »

Sochie wrote:Whoa is there even a happy end in this game? So far all of the endings I've gotten are so twisted and unhappy xD
There are! XD You just... Need to pick the right routes and choices, I think.

@lepap : Heh, you'll see. If the only path you've seen is Raphael and you only saw the ending where Raphael's path haven't even started yet... Try getting Lee's "omnipresent" ending
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#84 Post by ririruetoo »

I can't wait! I was just wondering what I was going to do tonight, since I don't have any homework, but now I know! Congrats Azure, I can only imagine how hard you've worked on this game, really thank you and I can't wait to see more of your games!
ImageImageImage

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#85 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Just finished Raphael's endings....gonna work on Lee's now. It's a good thing I don't have class until tomorrow orz
deviantART
---------------------

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Updated link]

#86 Post by FatUnicornGames »

azureXtwilight wrote:I'm sorry, as unraring makes the build to lose it's ability to run in other OS...

How to play in other OS:
Install renpy 6.14
Put the extracted game folder in your renpy folder
Launch game using renpy

@klonki : Thank you so very very much! Oooh, you just drew a nice Raphael! :lol:
I kinda forgot how nice Raphael looked like...

That was the error I got when I launched it in renpy. I have renpy 6.13... is that not up to date enough?

Edit: Ok. I guess it wasn't. Thanks!
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

Aquane
Veteran

#87 Post by Aquane »

My my... it is finished? ^.^ Congrats Azure! I remember when you first put up the WIP for this :) I told myself to not play the demo, and I never did.. so I really can't wait to play this! I've always been a big fan of your work, it is.. a little odd to see another released game from you after so long xD Reset aside, that is~ Great work though, I can tell this will be a good one, and your art has improved 10 fold!

I'll be back with some feedback after I no-life this, haha.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#88 Post by Riviera »

Congrats on the release!! I've been looking forward to this one so much!

It'll be fun to see all that text with pictures to go with it! :mrgreen:

I'm probably going to torture Lucia quite a bit without even meaning to. Bring on the bad ends! :twisted:
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

NeryNight
Regular
Projects: Love Struck (GxB)
Location: A small apartment, in a small city, somewhere in the planet.

#89 Post by NeryNight »

I can't believe this is finally out!!
I'm so happy... and sad.
Can't start playing until friday...must do homework...
But I'll probably not be able to contain myself.
*Goes to play even though she should be studying and doing homework*

eumumii

#90 Post by eumumii »

Just finished the game, here are my thoughts.
I've suffered from depression for as long as I can remember no pills were helping nor did I give people the chance to help me much simply because I was afraid of getting hurt. So games in general were my escape of reality where I can do whatever I want changing the outcome however I like. But playing this game, seeing everyone's perspective what everyone believed was the right thing to do to obtain happiness, how what seemed so right turns out to be so wrong. It sincerely made me think up to all what I've had to deal with and I didn't really see the whole big picture, I don't know If I'm making any sense but that's what's rambling through my mind right now. Genuinely speaking, I hadn't felt at ease like this since a very long time ago. You're game here might have cured me a bit and encouraged me to seek actual help. I can't thank you enough. That's a masterpiece you have here.