Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB] [Fantasy] [Adventure]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
wonderland
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB] [Fantasy] [Adventure]

Re: Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB, Fantasy, Adventure]

#16 Post by wonderland »

Aines445 wrote:Hmmm......Well, for the fighting system, what do love points do? If they're affection for certain guy maybe, I don't think you should, but if it has other purposes (other name for exp for example) then you could go on with it! And a fighting system is pretty complicated so it would be pretty cool! ^-^

And for the other question, I don't think it should be early, but yeah the nightmare thing could work but if you remember too early, who do you think Snow's gonna go for? <.< Nevermind that, maybe somewhat in the middle, not at the bitter end, but kinda late in the game, besides it's stated that Mushu is aware that you were once a princess, so he's kinda making sure you remember pretty early. But yeah the thing with the nightmares works, so I guess your in a good path.

By the way, some nice sprite art you got there!! =)

Yeah, I guess the fighting system would just be a little unnecessary. And yes, I know two early would be kind of lame, however, I feel if I drag it on too much it'd seem boring.. What I did is that every time Snow remembers something, a page of a storybook appears and flashbacks, so I put one of those and two nightmares for her to remember... Also who do I think Snow's going to go for? That's all up to you! :)

And Thank you very much!
"Keep your head up princess, if not the crown falls.."

Aines445
Regular

Re: Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB, Fantasy, Adventure]

#17 Post by Aines445 »

wonderland wrote: Yeah, I guess the fighting system would just be a little unnecessary. And yes, I know two early would be kind of lame, however, I feel if I drag it on too much it'd seem boring.. What I did is that every time Snow remembers something, a page of a storybook appears and flashbacks, so I put one of those and two nightmares for her to remember...

And Thank you very much!
I never said it was unnecessary, but oh well XD. But yeah, if it's too early it'll become boring and if it's in the end it'll just feel dragged like the player would just be "COME ON ITS THE END OF THE FREAKING GAME JUST REMEMBER!!" XD. And yeah that storybook thing sounds pretty nice, it would be like a storytime of sorts XD, so yeah that's a good idea!
wonderland wrote: Also who do I think Snow's going to go for? That's all up to you! :)
Exactly :)

So, I'll be looking forward to some nice updates! ^-^

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

Re: Fairy Tale Stupor [GxB] [Fantasy] [Adventure]

#18 Post by WickedRaccoon »

This game is my cup of tea!!! 8D
The plot is absolutely amazing! It'll be awesome to see the kind and calm princes & princesses as thiefs or as civilians and the evil Queen actually as a queen. Disney twists for the win! xD
The sprites so far look extremely cute,and om my gosh Mushu is soooo cute as a boy! Can't wait to see the rest of the characters in anime style.
As for your questions: I can't say anything about the fighting system,but if it were a simple battle style,enough to spice things up for fun,I say yes. It's better to stay simple with first time projects,cause adding too many stuff might not have the result you want (but if you can do such things without breaking a sweat,then discard my babbling ^^;;)
About the other,on whether how soon should Snow remember,I agree with during the middle of the game. Also the nightmares and the book pages is a nice touch of motivation.
I'm really looking foward to this game!Wish you the best of luck!
Cheers!

Arleccina

#19 Post by Arleccina »

Hi guys! Throwin' my 2 cents in here too XDD
I just want to say thanks for supporting Wonderland! Her game is really fantastic and I can't wait to see how far it goes (even as the artist I don't know everything yet XDDD )
Also, thanks for liking my sprite art, I know it's shoujo-y but I'm really glad that you all are as happy with it as Wonderland has been, it keeps me goin' and I hope that they give a suitable frame for the FANTASTIC game that Wonderland has for all of us!

wonderland
Regular

#20 Post by wonderland »

WickedRaccoon wrote:This game is my cup of tea!!! 8D
The plot is absolutely amazing! It'll be awesome to see the kind and calm princes & princesses as thiefs or as civilians and the evil Queen actually as a queen. Disney twists for the win! xD
The sprites so far look extremely cute!
Aw, thanks! Yes, I decided we needed a twist from the "perfect happily ever after" & thank you I hope to not let you down! & Yes I know, our artist is amazing! (; and I just love her art style so on behalf of Arleccina: "thank you!"

Sweet
Regular
Completed: To Think [KN], Here's the Tea, Nadine's Fairytale, Shining Light
Projects: Dragon Eater
Organization: ChickenRoostArt
IRC Nick: Ciera
Tumblr: ChickenRoost
Deviantart: ChickenRoostArt
Github: ChickenRoost
Soundcloud: ChickenRoostArt
itch: ChickenRoost
Discord: ChickenRoostArt

#21 Post by Sweet »

I like the idea of the story so far. It'd be interesting to see how changing things might affect each of the characters individually. After all, if you're memories of your prior life are gone, then it's like never knowing you had that previous life in the first place. Would you miss if you didn't know you once had it? That sort of thing. Seems interesting so far, though.

wonderland
Regular

#22 Post by wonderland »

Hello Everyone! (:

I was wondering, since the story is progressing, would anyone care to help me?

Any help would be amazing: spell checkers, beta testers, even little drawings would be appreciated. People who do one (wo)man games- I salute you! If you any of you would like to help I will seriously be your best friends! :3 Anyways, here are some sketches that Arleccina wonderfully made:
Attachments
beastsketch_by_arleccina_d5raj8a_by_arleccina-d5sb354.jpg
mushusketch_by_arleccina_d5raj7i_by_arleccina-d5sb34z.jpg

9-of-Hearts
Regular

#23 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

Mm, love 'em both, but especially the Beast! ouo
super-biased, yeah, but I really do like~

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#24 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Oh my my...That's a smexy beast you're showing us xD I think I found my targ..err,first vict...EERRR...nevermind ><;;
Like the new Mushu sketch,he still looks soo cute!
wonderland wrote:I was wondering, since the story is progressing, would anyone care to help me?
I can help you,but after the end of the month,cause I'm already helping elsewhere. I can proofread if you like ^^

wonderland
Regular

#25 Post by wonderland »

WickedRaccoon wrote:Oh my my...That's a smexy beast you're showing us xD I think I found my targ..err,first vict...EERRR...nevermind ><;;

I can help you,but after the end of the month,cause I'm already helping elsewhere. I can proofread if you like ^^
Don't worry that's how I feel about every attractive boy: my next pray that'll i'll stalk and never say anything too them and watch/lurk around them from a corner Haha, Thank you for the positive feedback about the Beast, he seems to be the ladies favorite for such an beastly awkward boy :P

Anywho, if you'd help me I'd will seriously braid your hair and make friendship bracelets with you! Thank you SO much for the offer! (But no push, I'd never push you :P) I make take you up on the offer! (;

And thank you for 9-of-Hearts who's helping me! ;D The only one who kept me calm when I tried to figure out the CTC code.. yes.. I'm that pathetic..

And- which do you like better, a CG when you get flashbacks or storybook pages when you get flashbacks! :3 I like both so I need your guys' opinion!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#26 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Haha I would really love to help you. So I'll PM you when I'm done with the other project.
To tell you the truth,I would like to see a VN with pages for the flashbacks. Fits the "fairytale land" theme. Just use the CG's for when Snow interacts with the guys (the typical way) ^^.
Hope this helps somehow!!

wonderland
Regular

#27 Post by wonderland »

Okay, hopefully this one is easy on the eyes:

This is still at the early stage of flashbacks of course they're going to be filled with lovely CG's instead of these vague backgrounds.. What do you think? :3

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#28 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Looks amazing! The little details and fairies give it the fairytale feeling,and the font suits it. Can't wait to see this with CG's ^^

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#29 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I really like the thought of a storybook for the flashbacks! It's a nice touch and really pulls together the whole fantasy/fairy tale feel of this VN :D
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

wonderland
Regular

#30 Post by wonderland »

Hazel-Bun wrote:I really like the thought of a storybook for the flashbacks! It's a nice touch and really pulls together the whole fantasy/fairy tale feel of this VN :D

Thank you! That's what I was going for :3 And BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING: I did fix the spelling errors that my compadre kindly pointed out to me because I don't speak english good well. And ladies and gentleman this is why I need a spell checker :P
WickedRaccoon wrote:Looks amazing! The little details and fairies give it the fairytale feeling,and the font suits it. Can't wait to see this with CG's ^^
Thank you SO much! I'll try not to disappoint you guys!