Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

Re: Frailty -Broken Wings- [GxB]

#31 Post by latte »

Interesting concept and characters, Suqling's gorgeous art doesn't hurt either. Definitely will be keeping an eye on this one.

Now, this may be a weird question, but will it be focused on romance (like most GxB) or will it be more balanced? The suspense and psychological setting in this could really enhance the story.

Kait
Projects: Frailty -Broken Wings-

#32 Post by Kait »

wonderland wrote:Can I just say this project is absolutely stunning? This looks so professional! I hope this project is a success and please don't give up like most great projects do!
Thanks for the encouragement :) We'll make sure to not disappoint you!
latte wrote:Interesting concept and characters, Suqling's gorgeous art doesn't hurt either. Definitely will be keeping an eye on this one.

Now, this may be a weird question, but will it be focused on romance (like most GxB) or will it be more balanced? The suspense and psychological setting in this could really enhance the story.
Thank you for your support :) It is a interesting question, and a completely understandable one.
I think focusing only on romance would make it just another otome game - and that's not what I plan to do.
Romance is of course a really important part of the plot: but not the only one. Her trauma is important and affects every
single of her actions. As you progress through the story this might change or it might not - it depends on the choices made.

Gotta go back to writing! :wink:

phoenixhymn
Projects: Civil Blood

#33 Post by phoenixhymn »

Love the new updates! That art is stunning--it really captures a spooky, unsettling atmosphere. I know you're far from completion, but I've got to say that every time you update I end up wanting to play it more. Best of luck!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#34 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Kait wrote:Haha I'm not going to show everything now, but here's a screenshot so you get the idea ;)
(I see what you did there!)
Kait wrote:I think focusing only on romance would make it just another otome game - and that's not what I plan to do.
Romance is of course a really important part of the plot: but not the only one. Her trauma is important and affects every
single of her actions. As you progress through the story this might change or it might not - it depends on the choices made.
Agreed,there are many romancable VN's made/in the making. It's more pleasing to see a plot that focuses on more that just that,it gives a nice change of pace. And plus,traumatized MC's usually have a more interesting perspective of things that a normal MC,which means more pleasant play-time! (≧▽≦)

Kait

#35 Post by Kait »

phoenixhymn wrote:Love the new updates! That art is stunning--it really captures a spooky, unsettling atmosphere. I know you're far from completion, but I've got to say that every time you update I end up wanting to play it more. Best of luck!
Thank you so much! Yeah, the game is still in very early development but we're working on it!
WickedRaccoon wrote:Agreed,there are many romancable VN's made/in the making. It's more pleasing to see a plot that focuses on more that just that,it gives a nice change of pace. And plus,traumatized MC's usually have a more interesting perspective of things that a normal MC,which means more pleasant play-time! (≧▽≦)
I think many people agree with this. There has to be something which makes your game different from others - if there isn't, why would you be making it anyway?

We now have a dev blog! I'll update it with extra things.
Be updating soon!

Genesislove
Regular

#36 Post by Genesislove »

What lovely art.<3 I'm looking forward to this.

FarahElshami

#37 Post by FarahElshami »

OMG the arts are freakin' AMAZING , I should give you a standing ovation ^_^ loved the concept too <3 <3 can't wait for it , SERIOUSLY xDDD

Kait

#38 Post by Kait »

Genesislove wrote:What lovely art.<3 I'm looking forward to this.
Thankies!
FarahElshami wrote:OMG the arts are freakin' AMAZING , I should give you a standing ovation ^_^ loved the concept too <3 <3 can't wait for it , SERIOUSLY xDDD
Haha be patient! It is going to take quite a long time, but it will be done (:

----

I'm happy to announce the Main menu, save/load, options etc.. screens have been finished! Here's a screenshot of the actual options menu.

Oh, we'd like some feedback from you about the cast. We've noticed Seth is the most popular man (or so says the poll on the blog), and we'd like
to know the reasons behind this. Is it his background, the physical appearance or both? It would be nice if those who voted for him could tell us.
Also, what is your opinion about each character design? Is the style appealing? I've had some people tell me Leon looks too manly, but what do you
think about him? Thank you in advance!

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#39 Post by Mink »

Kait wrote:I've had some people tell me Leon looks too manly, but what do you
think about him? Thank you in advance!
Personally, I like men who look manly, or at the very least aren't prettier than I am, so I think he looks fine the way he is. >_>
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

9-of-Hearts
Regular

#40 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

Personally, I love all of the designs, but every bit of Aiden is my favorite. He's beautiful and very, very interesting (like all your characters). Maybe I'm a sucker for the animal lovers, or the caring, or the long-haired--or all of the above. But I definitely would pursue his route first and last, based on first impressions. I want to understand his dark side, as well.

suqling
Projects: Frailty

#41 Post by suqling »

Hi guys! I felt like rambling a lotlittle regarding the character designs c:

When the project was just launched by Kait, I was quite taken to her characterization & plot.. I could really visualize what the characters looked like already from their motivations and personalities. However, I pitched my art with uncertainty because drama games usually work better with a softer, airy style like in yuumei's.
To my delight Kait subscribed to my painterly style, so it's by our choice that they don't look too 'anime' where it might've been more popular and appealing to a wider(younger?) audience. Just to test that theory though, I purposefully made Seth a little more stylized than the other two-- meaning he has wider slanty eyes, the thin chin and jaw, whilst retaining the treatment I gave with the other two. And there we have it, top favourite dude in the polls.

I'm not irked by the result but.. perhaps a little torn. I could make Aiden and Leon less 'edgy/bulky' to help the game's appeal, or I could shut up and just finish the game, Suu. I'm not being hindered by it, so don't worry much, these're just my little anxieties when assembling the cast as I'm putting both player's and creator's interests in a balance.
Nonetheless the encouragement from you guys following our progress has been heartening and very nice, that I feel kinda shy to reply sometimes > m<;;

Have a sketch then, & as an artist, thank you!!

Zylinder
Veteran

#42 Post by Zylinder »

I actually like the design of Leon the best... Although I said nothing about it. You have to take into account that the demographic group that likes Seth's stylized art style may be more vocal than the others. Personality-wise, I dig Aiden the most so far. I just have a thing for people with anger issues C:

Don't fret so much about it! Love your art, by the way~

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#43 Post by latte »

A-actually Seth is my least favorite among them? Something about him ticks me off, and I prefer the designs of the other two... Like Zylinder, I dig Aiden the most, and even though I'm not one to like manly man, I'm really interested in Leon. In my opinion, changing the art to appeal to younger audiences could hurt the game's atmosphere and depth, when that's what people are looking forward to. Please, there's such a lack of more mature games already!

phoenixhymn
Projects: Civil Blood

#44 Post by phoenixhymn »

Aiden is the least interesting to me, mostly because I'm generally not a fan of white-haired pretty boys. However, I am interested in the monstrous side of him--sounds like that could be a lot of fun, especially with his public "gentleman" side as a contrast.

Leon is number two for me, mostly because I have a soft-spot for outgoing boys who seem well-adjusted but are really insecure/messed up. His passion for sports is fine, provided that's not the dominant aspect of his personality. (I dislike jock types, mostly because in junior high and high school I played two or three sports every year--and still didn't identify as a jock. Many people enjoy sports that aren't part of the stereotypical sports-loving crowd.)

I'm most interested in Seth, partly because of his appearance (I like darker hair, and even though his hair is red, it is the darkest of the three), but mostly because I think there could be a lot of fun storytelling in his background what with being estranged from his parents and living on his own.

So yeah! Those are my shallow opinions on the subject.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#45 Post by WickedRaccoon »

That options menu looks good ^^
Well,all the characters are super interesting in their own little way. I like them just the way they are. About Leon,it's nice to have at least one manly-man in the game.
But out of all them I'd say...hmmm...gotta say Seth. I find harsh people to be the most interesting,due to the possibility that they might hide some tear-shedding past,or a heart-broken incident,or something similar,and because of his appearance (could be the fact that I'm a sucker for yellow eyes). But yeah,cold-ass dude for the win xD
latte wrote:In my opinion, changing the art to appeal to younger audiences could hurt the game's atmosphere and depth
I second this..just saying :3