Lemma's Tales 1 (ToL1 remake, BxG)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Lemma's Tales 1 (ToL1 remake, BxG)

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

Hi forumites! :D

In honor of the tenth anniversary of LSF, I am releasing a remake of Tales of Lemma 1. ToL1 was the first Lemma Soft game, back when "Lemma Soft" was just one dude (me) making his little games... back before the forum got big, back before Ren'Py.... There will be at least two games coming out this year that will reference this one, so play it so you can get the most out of those and to see where everything here began.

Get it here:
http://www.renai.us/game/lemmas-tales-1.shtml
Miko! <3
Miko! <3
Bonus content!  Secrets of Lemma Soft revealed!
Bonus content! Secrets of Lemma Soft revealed!
Not stellar by today's standards, but hey. It was a decade ago, 'kay? ;)

(edit: I forgot to say in the game: credit to magi-san for the Lemma splashscreen character art! Will need to update credits... For you long-timers here who remember the Hanafuda Club demo, I'll say there's a special splashscreen easter egg identical to the one in that... Lemma won't give hints on how to find it though ;) )
Last edited by Blue Lemma on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: Lemma's Tales 1 (ToL1 remake, BxG)

#2 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Well, I'm excited! :mrgreen:
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#3 Post by azureXtwilight »

IT WAS ONE OF MY FIRST OELVN! *downloads*

Congrats for the release! (If you told me sooner I would be happy to help you adlnaslfaljfnadffas)

Iarumas
Regular
Completed: Death Rule: Fear Complex -Standalone Edition- | Death Rule: lost code
Projects: Death Rule Series (MESI Games)
Organization: MESI Games

#4 Post by Iarumas »

When I follow the link, it brings me the other site, but clicking the download link gives me a connection error. Is the link broken at the moment?

nancie
Regular

#5 Post by nancie »

The link works fine for me.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gekiganwing »

Blue Lemma wrote:There will be at least two games coming out this year that will reference this one, so play it so you can get the most out of those and to see where everything here began.
Downloaded the remake. Thanks.

It wasn't all that long ago when there was a severe shortage of VNs that I could honestly recommend to other fans. There wasn't much beside a few poorly written Flash games, professional translations that I did not find appealing, and a few games that I was 98% sure were never going to be translated. Your willingness to release more than just a Lemmings clone has improved fandom considerably.

Oh, and while the Megatokyo forum is still active, it's rare to see a new post in the DS/VN section.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#7 Post by Blue Lemma »

@red, azure, gekiganwing: Thanks for the kind words :)

This is one of those games that got lost in the flow of OELVN development. That's probably a good thing in a sense because it means things have come a long way since then ^^
Due to how everything unfolded and how without ToL1 there is possibly no Ren'Py (at the very least not until later) PyTom and I agree that without this game, the OELVN scene would be noticeably behind where it currently is in development. I guess one little game can make a difference, even if it's largely forgotten :)

I think the otome version of this would be Alistair++ since that seems to have really sparked interest in and development of otome games here.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

DeeKay
Veteran

#8 Post by DeeKay »

Oooh ! There's a keeper !
*downloads*

And congrats of course ! ;)
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

spideyk

#9 Post by spideyk »

Something weird with me. When I try to download, it almost finishes then it stops for no reason. Can anyone explain whats wrong?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#10 Post by Blue Lemma »

@spideyk: Sounds like a problem with your connection or the Ren'Ai Archive server... Have you tried it from a different computer?
- Napoleon Bonaparte

spideyk

#11 Post by spideyk »

Blue Lemma wrote:@spideyk: Sounds like a problem with your connection or the Ren'Ai Archive server... Have you tried it from a different computer?
I tried it again and i got it this time, thanks for the help. Great story, keep up the good work!

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#12 Post by Reikun »

Ahhh, finally got around to playing this a while ago! I loved it ;A; It was fun to see this bit of Lemmasoft history remade since I only joined this forum a little over a year ago and have been unsuccessful in my attempts to find the original Tales of Lemma game.... OTL
I liked how you could "change" the protag's personality. He's a little mean when you take the pervy route, but it was still fun to play through xD And the mushroom battle surprised me! I felt so happy as I was fighting the mushrooms though because I FINALLY UNDERSTAND THE REFERENCE IN THE GUESTBOOK THREAD!!!!!! /proud xD Sorry for the caps!!
How many endings are there? I think I've managed to get two different ones?? /fuzzymemory
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#13 Post by Alera »

Ah, how didn't I notice this before, I've been waiting for it for ages! >.<

Anyway, played it again, it's still great, awesome job~

It's nice to remember about the old times and see how little things like that change so much. This is history!
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#14 Post by Blue Lemma »

Reikun wrote:How many endings are there? I think I've managed to get two different ones?? /fuzzymemory
There are 4 endings: happy romance ending, normal escape ending, Miko dies ending :( and you die ending
Happy that people are enjoying this :D
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

#15 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

I loved the scene right after the giant mushrooms battle. They're just so chill about it.

"We just fought giant mushrooms. That's kinda weird."
"Yeah."

That's it. That's all the explanation there is. Awesome.