1931 Scheherazade (Sim/Dating/Commercial) -RELEASED ON STEAM

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

Re: Scheherazade has been released! (Sim, Romance, Commercia

#31 Post by Obscura »

Is there a Mac demo available? I tried to go to your site with my PC (Chrome) but I'm just getting a blank screen.

I used my Mac instead but there's only a link to an .exe file.

It looks like quite a hefty game...congrats.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#32 Post by Taleweaver »

Hey, looks like someone found you! Congratulations!
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#33 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Obscura;
Sorry I didn't reply earlier...somehow missed this. Unfortunately, our team doesn't have the experience with those platforms to really troubleshoot the issues we've seen on them (some problems with font and spacing.) It is actually possible to play, but the UI isn't the same.

Obscura & Taleweaver;
Thank you for the congrats :)

All;
In other news, we've released a new patch http://academagia.invisionzone.com/inde ... topic=2477. In addition, the game is on sale Thanksgiving week on ScheherazadeGame.com. Have fun!

vana

#34 Post by vana »

I couldn't help but purchase this game as the premise seemed so interesting. Alas, after arriving in Egypt, I keep getting this message:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/spy_main.rpy", line 361, in script
ScriptError: could not find label 'demo_end'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Amy\Documents\games\Scheherazade\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 296, in bootstrap
File "C:\Users\Amy\Documents\games\Scheherazade\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
File "C:\Users\Amy\Documents\games\Scheherazade\renpy\main.py", line 98, in run
File "C:\Users\Amy\Documents\games\Scheherazade\renpy\execution.py", line 284, in run
File "C:\Users\Amy\Documents\games\Scheherazade\renpy\script.py", line 485, in lookup
ScriptError: could not find label 'demo_end'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.13.12.1728
What should I do?

nancie
Regular

#35 Post by nancie »

vana wrote: Alas, after arriving in Egypt, I keep getting this message:.....
What should I do?
There are two things you can do to fix this the easy way is to just start a new game.
If you want to play your current save you will need to find and delete your persistent data for the game.

hope that helps.

vana

#36 Post by vana »

Ah... I had hoped it wouldn't come to that. Oh well. I'll give it a try, thanks.

Aita

#37 Post by Aita »

I have a couple of opinions on the game spoiler warning though~
Over all I loved the game. The art is gorgeous, the base story line is absolutely amazing, and the characters are all very interesting and unique.
There were a couple things I didn't like/ didn't understand though.
The first thing being Sterling having the most interactive path (which is great when you're on it) but made all the other guys seem..boring by default. It also made things a little (extremely) awkward when you have to friend-zone the poor guy because of mandatory events. The game seems pretty Sterling-centric romance wise (I don't know if that was the intention or not) and left the other guys kind of out of the main story. Maybe depending on what your dream is (if it's Sterling or Family it could stay the way it is) you could have had the person who your dream is come to your aid in Turkey, and play more of a part throughout the rest of the main game while protecting you from Ruddy. It seems kind of odd for Sterling to just give up everything because of a girl that has no interest in him (even if he does hate Ruddy) because he wants a better life for himself and his family and wants his family name to be respectable for his little brother.
The moral of that little ramble was that Sterling: Just a teensy bit too much
Other Guys: Not enough of a role.
The second thing was lack of a way to see what 'endings' you've obtained. There are loads of variants to them but a small log saying maybe how many endings you've found out of how many there are?

That's about it, sorry if it's ramble-y Dx I couldn't find the exact right words to convey my thoughts >n>

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#38 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Aita;

Thanks for the comments! Story wise, each of the Romances has a purpose in Scheherazade's tale, but Sterling is definitely front and center in 1931, given the ending. When we come to 1932, you'll discover that another one will be featured instead...;)

Thanks again!

Aita

#39 Post by Aita »

SQuueeee 1932?!

Must stay loyal to Felix for at least the first play-through xD
I was hoping you wouldn't just leave off the game like that. I must know what happened to Ruddy Von Lip Ferret >:D

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#40 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Aita;

Haha, yep! We haven't started writing on it yet, but we'll get there. As for Ruddy...well, [redacted], as we see over the BCS forums. :)

Anomandaris
Regular

#41 Post by Anomandaris »

I'm surprised that this doesn't have more comments. Scheherazade was an absolutely amazing game, and I think the price was really fair for the amount of content that players received. The gameplay was quite fun, and relatively easy to pick up - it took me ages to pick skill-increasing activities when I started, and it took me one playthrough to develop a good strategy to maximize stats and possible capers, but even with the same general strategy, it never lost its appeal, even through five back-to-back playthroughs!

I agree with one of the above posts in that an ending gallery for your next game would be an excellent addition, especially since
you basically have to replay an entire half of the game to get different Dream scores and endings.
Also, even though it was wonderful that there were different caper paths for each guy that made each of my five plays seem fresh, the replay value may be hurt by the fact that
once you've completed every guy's path, the main and side capers play out in exactly the same way no matter what you do. Yes, you can utterly fail at certain components of a caper, but you'll still pass the main plot in the exact same manner, with a one- or two-line difference in dialogue. It would have been nice to see more things like that caper in New York on Ahmose's path, where, depending on your choices, you can either end with Steven's thieving employee thrown in jail or convince Steven to let the charges drop. It wouldn't have to be anything major, but even something small in each main caper with a dialogue choice that has some sort of actual consequence would, in my opinion, enhance my playing experience.
That's one detail, however, and overall, I really enjoyed this game. Sadie's personality was delightful, and I really enjoyed her interactions with the other characters and the resourceful and descriptive writing. The main story was excellent, and I loved the depth that the side capers gave to the world and the characters (Raeks, anyone?). Scheherazade was definitely worth the price, and I'll be buying 1932 as soon as it comes out!

Aita

#42 Post by Aita »

Oh another question! Will you be picking up where you left off in the next one or will it be like Sadie never had a relationship with any of the boys (say you were with Felix romantically) will that be carried into 1932?

kuchiyume

#43 Post by kuchiyume »

Seems to be a great game even if i find stats raising hard, can't wait 'till my birthday.

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#44 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Aita;

Sorry! We don't check these forums very often, as you may have guessed. :)

1932 picks up exactly where 1931 leaves off- the next morning, in fact. All relationships and statistics are preserved. If you were romancing Felix, you'll start with that storyline...;)

Kuchiyume;

Hope you have fun!

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#45 Post by FatUnicornGames »

I'm still hoping for a Mac version of this game. Hope you guys were successful with this one. :D
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-