Fantasy Hearts (KHFH) [GxB] [Dating Sim/RPG School Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

Re: Fantasy Hearts (KHFH) [GxB] [Dating Sim/RPG School Life]

#16 Post by ShippoK »

azureXtwilight wrote: ... Or at least can I have auron? XD But then again he might be too old for the heroine~
We always have his younger version. But I say the older the better!
Speaking of old men, why not add the many Cids as well!

We have...
Original Cid
Old Cid
%3@$! Cid
Bald Cid
Evil Cid
Sexy Cid
Weird Animal horn Cid...?

That's not all of them either, the lists of Cids goes on!

I choose Evil Cid myself.
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

c2ii
Projects: KHFH Fantasy Hearts

#17 Post by c2ii »

I did pocket a all Final Fantasy Dating Sim idea with KH characters as support instead.(all the Dissidia High fanart out inspired it) (that means yes Auron pfftt and how about Emperor and Golbez???)

I did plan out the plot of that game but I'm pretty sure I should finish KHFH X_X first?? Because KHFH would be the Kingdom Hearts focus. I can use the same game mechanics as KHFH.

ixWishing
Veteran

#18 Post by ixWishing »

I hope I'm not too late to answer any questions! And hopefully I answered all/most of them! :>
And on a side note.../Sobbing/ because I wanted Noctis in here, LOL. D8
Sorry for cutting out a lot of what you said, I'm trying to make the post small :c.
I also apologize if my answers aren't as helpful, I'm trying to process everything to my mind @__@.
c2ii wrote: Attributes Money Jobs and Gifts

Should players be given more opportunities to give gifts?
Imo, yes, there should be opportunities to give gifts. I would say yes, because in dating sims, I get fed up with having to work & lose energy to get like $10. Then I would have to repeat that until I run out of energy, or gain enough money for the item I need. As for getting money to get a gift, I would have no idea what to say, lol. Can we just say the heroine gets money as some sort of allowance from school, or something? Because Idk how she's gonna get money, unless you don't think it's an issue lol
c2ii wrote: should I introduce the places where you can increase stats over time rather than give the player access from the beginning?
These places would be introduced as a result of an event.

(Eat ice cream with Roxas opens up part time ice cream store job)
(go to blitz ball team with Kairi and open up Athletic training)

This basically force the player to pace the first month to open up for locations/ access
Personally, I would like that. I would rather unlock certain locations by doing X and Y, instead of just having them from the start. This way, relationships with others can be built. (Like what you said, eating ice cream with Roxas will help unlock the ice cream store job. Along with that, experiencing that event can give some relationship points with him)
c2ii wrote: Should I display the attributes on the character status screen? AKA should players have access to it ? Or is it better hidden? Players will not see the requirements for sure.

Also, would you like your total attribute points displayed in the player status? It'll be a full personality analysis.
Should your total attribute points trigger some form of response/event/SoM3th1nG????
Since I'm used to games that show attribute points in the character status screen, I would definitely like it. It gives me some sort of sense of where I am, and what I can/should do to meet the requirements and such. Sure! I would love to see the attribute points in the player status. I kinda enjoy seeing personality analyses, lol.
c2ii wrote: I'm new at Renpy but Programming is Programming?
I have no idea, since I'm a noob at programming T__T. Sorry I can't help on this one! :c
c2ii wrote: Oh right! Can I post concept designs and WIP CGs on the forum? (And ask which menu design looks better etc. ?)

Of course you can! You should definitely do it, to gain attention from people, and for the audience's vote on certain things. If you need art critiques, suggestions, or anything, you should definitely post some artwork up! Otherwise, you should post some artwork up, to show people you're alive & working on the project c:

c2ii wrote: And do any of you have some sort of event you want to experience in game?
Uh, I was thinking of like group events with the boys & girls~ Something maybe like, going to the beach, or having a picnic with everyone. I also feel like there should be sleepovers with the girls, to build friendship with them, and discuss about other stuff. Since this is a game more focused on friendship, I was sort of hoping for some sort of date or romantic event with a guy.

But yeah, these events are kinda cliched and stuff, but oh well. I'm a sucker for cliched events sometimes xD. I seriously can't think up anything right now T___T. For some reason, I kinda want an event for all the guys to be in suits, like a waiter or host. LOL. Idk. I like guys in suits, haha.

As for the girls, have you decided what girls are you going to use? I'm hoping for Lighting, because she's a badass 8D
- Everlasting Dreams ;

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#19 Post by WickedRaccoon »

c2ii wrote:Yeah a lot of time was spent planning ;v; but planning is very important, you can't write game mechanic without it....at least its what I tell myself
You just blew my mind. Planning level : over 9000! Ad so far the system you've planned sounds amazingly great,so please don't get rid of it. About the new questions:
c2ii wrote:Attributes Money Jobs and Gifts

I know I'm not a fan of the work->money->buy->gift routine.
I actually hate it. So far gift giving is restricted to events. (Ex. once they all get sick, you can get them something to feel better). But with working, comes another way to use the charm/blahblah stats. And who doesn't like munny/gil? The routine gets tedious and cheap. It becomes more about getting the guy rather than experiencing the route.

You can't buy love! But it certainly helps! Should players be given more opportunities to give gifts?
I gotta admit that giving gifts all the time to raise relationship points is a pain in the behinds. So I say make the gifts option for events such as the one mentioned above. I believe it'll make the player feel more satisfied if he/she gives a gift for a certain reason rather than for no reason at all. As for the ammount of gifts,that depends on how many events you want to have that option available.
c2ii wrote:By force pacing I mean, should I introduce the places where you can increase stats over time rather than give the player access from the beginning?
These places would be introduced as a result of an event.

(Eat ice cream with Roxas opens up part time ice cream store job)
(go to blitz ball team with Kairi and open up Athletic training)

This basically force the player to pace the first month to open up for locations/ access
Yes! Totally a yes from me! It's fun to have the first part of the game full of activities and unlocking the stat raise locations rather just knowing where they already are.
c2ii wrote:Should I display the attributes on the character status screen? AKA should players have access to it ? Or is it better hidden? Players will not see the requirements for sure.

Also, would you like your total attribute points displayed in the player status? It'll be a full personality analysis.
Should your total attribute points trigger some form of response/event/SoM3th1nG????
It'll be best for players to know some attributes of the characters (unless you mean about the MC and not the others,then scratch this ^^;;). But yeah,it'd be best to know something that anything. Attribute points? (call me stupid,but I didn't get this xD)
c2ii wrote:I'm new at Renpy but Programming is Programming?
Can't help you with anything here or give advice cause I'm a complete noob at this TT^TT...
c2ii wrote:The other completely optional idea (that is at the very bottom of the list )was you could choose not to involve romantically with a guy but instead encourage an relationship with another person. Seriously I'd play a game like this just to get my OTP together T_T. But that seems like a feature most people would ignore.
Haha indeed,many would ignore it. But maybe some would try it out just to see the the result? Don't know if the idea would be totally ignored. Maybe someone would wanna actually play the friendship option. Just saying...
c2ii wrote:Oh right! Can I post concept designs and WIP CGs on the forum?

Yes you may. But don't overdo it with the CG's and spoil the surprise for us :3 Just a sneak peek is fine...

lilyrose
Regular

#20 Post by lilyrose »

yay! this looks very intersting a like a lot of work O.o Good luck
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

Roseus Mirabili
Regular

#21 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

First of all, I love the living heck out of you for making this and I shall enjoy every second of it when you finish it. Second of all, I love you yet again for adding Squall to the list (absolutely LOVE him...and hoping he's a love interest) and just seriously, you have just brought all final fantasy/kingdom hearts fangirls' dream come true! Looking forward to this >__<

lilyrose
Regular

#22 Post by lilyrose »

played the demo........"And I'll defeat you with the power of sausage!!!" "I saved the sasuage!!!!!!" lmfao!!!
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~