Chii's Art Development Thread [Requests Closed]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Jazzy-Chii
Regular

Chii's Art Development Thread [Requests Closed]

#1 Post by Jazzy-Chii »

If there's one place to start getting active on this forum, it's here for me anyway since art is the only thing I am remotely good at.

Since it's an art development thread, I hope you guys wouldn't mind looking at my art and giving me pointers, especially anatomy ones. I'll also accept some requests to better practice my art skills so I hope you guys don't mind if I end up butchering your beautiful characters. I'm pretty busy with school and stuff, and I would like some spare time to draw some personal artworks, so I think I'll start with 3 open request slots for now and maybe open/close more if needed.

Request Slots (3/3):
1. Kirroha
2. Iarumas
3. -CLOSED-

I think I'll just dump in an artwork so you guys have something to see and maybe critique. It is one I completed last night, but I could totally see the anatomy needs work.
Attachments
Toma Kisaragi.png
Last edited by Jazzy-Chii on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

specialtantei
Veteran

Re: Chii's Art Development Thread [Requests Open]

#3 Post by specialtantei »

Anyone from here please :D?

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#4 Post by Tag- »

If I'm not too late, perhaps someone from Circo della Sera? (Link is in signature)
PM me if needed

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#5 Post by Coren »

Can I have anyone from any of the games in my signature, please? :D

Jazzy-Chii
Regular

Re: Chii's Art Development Thread [Requests Closed]

#6 Post by Jazzy-Chii »

Ooh~ Everyone replied so fast!

I'll do TheGuraGuraMan, specialtantei and Tag-'s requested artworks first. I don't know if I'll have time, but if I do I think I may do Kirroha's request as well.

EDIT: Added Kirroha to the list, since I have just finished TheGuraGuraMan's request
Last edited by Jazzy-Chii on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jazzy-Chii
Regular

#7 Post by Jazzy-Chii »

Finished TheGuraGuraMan's request~!

I actually found the hair frustrating to do at the beginning, since I never have drawn hair that kind of sticks up, but once I got used to it, it was extremely fun to draw C: Everything else was fine though~ The hardest part was definitely colouring the hair. Since I never drew hair sticking up, I never coloured it either. I usually just draw hair coming from a certain point on the head, colouring individual strands. When I tried this simpler style, I didn't know what to do with the colouring! It is supposed to gather on the point somewhere in the head but...Ah, it was a little bit confusing for me.

I hope I didn't make him too cute or anything!
Attachments
[Request] TheGuraGuraMan.png

TheGuraGuraMan
Veteran

#8 Post by TheGuraGuraMan »

Oh great, you did a good job, you indeed managed to draw the hairs quite well, Don't worry, I perfectly know they're quite hard to make Image . Thanks !

Jazzy-Chii
Regular

#9 Post by Jazzy-Chii »

TheGuraGuraMan wrote:Oh great, you did a good job, you indeed managed to draw the hairs quite well, Don't worry, I perfectly know they're quite hard to make Image . Thanks !
Ah thankyou~ No problem, I should be the one thanking you for requesting it C: It lets me out of my comfort zone and experience something new, which is what I want from taking these requests!

Finished specialtantei's request. I drew her beautiful character Yuki~ I loved her quiet personality, and her hair, scarf and clothes being white, I had a good image of the composition in my head the moment I read her biography!

It didn't come out exactly as I planned, but I think this was close enough. Also, quick background is quick.
Attachments
[Request] specialtantei.png

Iarumas
Regular
Completed: Death Rule: Fear Complex -Standalone Edition- | Death Rule: lost code
Projects: Death Rule Series (MESI Games)
Organization: MESI Games

#10 Post by Iarumas »

Seems there's an open slot available! Please draw anyone you'd like from Terminal. The link can be found in my signature.

Jazzy-Chii
Regular

#11 Post by Jazzy-Chii »

Added you to the list~

Also remember guys, this is also a critique thread so feel free to point out any errors or mistakes.

specialtantei
Veteran

#12 Post by specialtantei »

Thank you so much! She looks beautiful, I loved the way you imagined her! So pretty <3.

Jazzy-Chii
Regular

#13 Post by Jazzy-Chii »

For the sake of art-dumpage, I'll just post an OC for an RP group I have just finished...Sorry for the big white space there. I didn't bother to crop it out since it was for a group application anyway.

Also, I apologize for the delay of the requests. I'll get to them as soon as possible. I was just finishing some RP applications, so now that I'm free I'll get to them. I'll also add that after this batch of requests, I probably won't do another one because this term's assessments for school is coming up. Most of them are done over a long period of time, so I figured that I better get started on them soon.
Attachments
Fukushima Sayuri.png

Jazzy-Chii
Regular

#14 Post by Jazzy-Chii »

Finished Tag-'s request! Sorry it took a while, procrastinated and some assessments were bothering me, so...

Anyway, I had super super fun drawing Levi! I tried to draw faster, and this is the result...Sorry for the sloppy colouring, I had just finished my maths assessment, and was just needed something to vent out. Levi is a super adorable character, I feel like drawing him even more (≧∇≦)/

I hope I didn't make him look too moe!

Alrighty, one down, 2 more to go~
Attachments
[Request] Tag-.png

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#15 Post by Tag- »

Hahaha Levi, so cute xDD He's gonna be breaking a lot of hearts dear lord.

Thanks so much~ He does look very moe, but that's not necessarily a bad thing xDD
PM me if needed