Looking for Background Artists

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Fatelogic2nd
Projects: DreamscapE, L.U.S.T.
Organization: FateSoft Studios

Looking for Background Artists

#1 Post by Fatelogic2nd »

Oh yeah... BG artists... those illuminated prodigies...

I swear, I worked my ass off to learn every single aspect needed to create a good VN through many years... but BG was that terrifying black hole of suckiness I was never able to overcome...

Ok, enough rambling.

Hello there, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Andrés Real, but let's admit it, nobody knows us artists for our names usually... I'm known as "Fatelogic" through the artistic threads and domains, and if that nickname rings a bell for any of you, then I'll feel really flattered XD (If it doesn't, I can't blame you though :P)

I'm an anime-style artist, and I mostly dwelve in and develop, to put it bluntly, adult material (along the lines of ecchi mostly. Hentai is somewhat difficult to work with in the "mainstream" art sites... NG aside.)

However, that is not to say that I'm only interested in +18 art. I honestly enjoy making all sorts of pieces. I just find +18 art to be a good way to promote my work as I practice anatomy concepts. Having said that, I started developing my skill at anime-style drawing some years ago, when I found myself inmersed in the world of Visual Novels, and ever since "True Love" (1997 I think... whew, I'm aging fast...) I always wanted to create my own VN. That passion for the genre drove me to practice to this very day, and I even managed to create a couple "animated hentai games" on my own (I call them "hentai minigames" though. They're not story based... nor it's their intent...) which are uploaded at my NG account ("Slave to Pleasure: The Black Box" - 5th Daily Award; "M.S.A: Fluttertime!" - 1st Daily Award).

All fine and dandy... however, my main objective trough all these years of experience hasn't been accomplished yet... Yeah... I still want to create my own VN.

And this is where a BG artist would be like an answered prayer.

I'm currently writting the script for the "DreamscapE" project (nope, the "E" is not a typo), a story that follows the steps of Sebastian Ryder, a man who finds himself on a illusive, mysterious city of everlasting nights. Here, he meets a woman called Silveria, who reveals to Sebastian that he, along with those around him at the time, are "God Candidates" that she has chosen to help her fight against those who wish to drain the power of the plane, as to avoid the otherwise irreversible doom that it would imply over the multiverse's structure. It is a story that encompases action, battles, romance and conflict with a more philosophical (obviously fantasy-oriented) reflection over theories to the higher questions of humanity: "Does God exist?", "What happens after death?", "Is immortality really possible?" and so on.

I'm sorry if I can't expand over the details of the storyline, but I've just started writting the script and dialogues, so even I don't know the hard specifics yet.

However, what I DO KNOW is that BG art is the only thing I can't possibly make justice in this VN. I have envisioned a large, ghastly metropolis engulfed on an eternal night, it's citylights glowing with a dreamy emerald tint... the more accurate way of crudely describing the BGs I have in mind is: take a photo of the Shangai metropolis at night, and cover it all with green neons on a monochrome palette. It's pretty vague, but that's as precise as I can be without actually showing some altered photos I used as reference for inspiration.

I do intend to make this game come out with a price (probably, but I'm not 100% sure yet), but it would be minimal (I guess something along the lines of 5 U$D or so... just the bare minimum to cover for all the time it will take to make the game) so, if concrete money payment is expected... I don't have much to offer. I DO have a decent ammount of DeviantArt currency accumulated (enough to cover a full year Premium Membership, for example), so that could be one form of "payment" (if you have a DA account, Premium status could provide you with a significant boost in getting your work known and, therefore, getting more job or commission opportunities. If you don't, which would be rare for a BG artist, you could create one and instantly recieve the Premium Membership, so either way you get promoted). The other way I though about it would be a "trade" of skills. I could offer a trade of commissions (you commission me, I commission you).

Either way, keep in mind that if you are only looking for direct money transfers, I can consider them, but my budget is really pretty low.

This text is getting rather lengthy, so I'd better wrap up here. If you have any questions, doubts or so, please let me know them. I'll try to answer them the best way I can ^^

Fatelogic out!

P.S: By the way, I forgot to leave you both my DA and NG accounts for you to check my art, in case you're interested in knowing what kind of style I use (and therefore, knowing which style will be used for the project).

DA Profile: http://fatelogic.deviantart.com/

NG Profile: http://fatelogic.newgrounds.com/