Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Misuzu
Regular

#331 Post by Misuzu »

Hime wrote:lordcloudx, is that Illyasviel from F/SN? She looks like her at least! :)(
Ayup it is =D. Poor Illiya, always the loli~

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#332 Post by lordcloudx »

Hime: yup what Misu said. That's ilya all right. lolified to the max hehe.

As for lineart, I don't have a tablet, so I use teh pen tool in photoshop to trace rough pencils into clean lineart on a new layer. The less points you use between lines, the better. Doesn't work so well in photoshop 6.5 coz the lines look too stiff (which is what i used for ilya since my higher version of photoshop is on my dual boot to winxp and I'm too lazy to reboot from win98.) Takes some degree of patience and it still won't look as good as lines done with a tablet... maybe.

but on photoshop 7+, the lines from the pen tool look a little bit smoother than lower versions.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

yvanc
Regular

#333 Post by yvanc »

Hime wrote: Uwah, that's amazing! My lines in Photoshop are never that clean... I wish I'd know how to make it like that... (Lineart is kind of my weak point, duh D: ) Do you have a trick for it? Or is it a secret?
Hello Hime, Sorry for the late reply, I was kinda busy because of work.

Anyways, as for lineart you could try this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r25lKVMnVnU

The process used in the link above is the same process I used.

The process is kinda time consuming so if you're after a deadline, I suggest inking your work using a wacom tablet or ink them using pigma micron pens before scanning your work. I hope that helps ^_^

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#334 Post by DaFool »

When I'm trying to save time, I don't even "ink" actually... I just make sure my lines are very clean when I make them with a mechanical pencil, the paper is clean, then after scanning, just paint behind the sketch, then make the sketch mode to 'multiply'.

For saving time doing backgrounds, I just use polygonal lasso to just floodfill the base colors, then use the wacom pen to color in the shading and add detail.

The result will look very similar to a cartoon...not as detailed as your average CG-ed professional VN, but coming strikingly close to an anime that's based off it.

Heck, even the professional character ink-and-painters don't even have a wacom...they just floodfill the character art using predefined colors.

La petite chatte de glace

#335 Post by La petite chatte de glace »

I draw these sometimes when my weekly homework rush is over...

TMBpower
Regular

#336 Post by TMBpower »

Late Valentine's Day CG, in wallpaper format (wow, it's a lot more washed out on this moniter then the one in my room...:?). Guess I'll be drawing a lot more now I'm in NaNoRenO...

Volunteer CG artist, if your story interests me (which is very likely!).
PM me if you want me on your team!
Current Project: None

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#337 Post by PrettySammy09 »

TMBpower: That's adorable! I love it! It's so cute, and I love the background color. Great job!

La petite: I love that comic with the catboy and his owner/mom. So funny. ^^

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#338 Post by lordcloudx »

Winner of my very own mascot contest for my website. Number of participants = 1. :D :D :D
Attachments
hee!
hee!
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

frumplstlskn
Regular

#339 Post by frumplstlskn »

Here's something that I drew for fun yesterday.
Moe levels over 9000

Joshiii-Kun!

#340 Post by Joshiii-Kun! »

Whoa, some GREAT stuff over here! :D Don't know if my art's worthy ^^;

An old drawing of a girl with a nice collection of weapons

Made this one yesterday. It's based on a 1-minute sketch I made during math class.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#341 Post by kara24601 »

So many great artists. I'm jealous.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#342 Post by Vatina »

I haven't been on this forum for while since I have been too busy, so I thought I'd post a drawing here again ^^

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51126244/

e-imi

#343 Post by e-imi »

Okay, well, I'm still learning so don't be to harsh on me (I'm going to improve alot more before I make a game) but this one of my more recent pictures.

She's not my own character (I saw a picture of her on the game she belongs to's website) and I thought that I should practice so I just copied it by eye and added a couple different things. Don't kill me, it's just the only thing I think is really decent to show you guys. n_n;;

yvanc
Regular

#344 Post by yvanc »

Hello ^_^

Just drawn these using oils and bristle brush...

I'm still learning here so feel free to comment ^_^

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#345 Post by Hime »

yvanc wrote:Hello ^_^

Just drawn these using oils and bristle brush...

I'm still learning here so feel free to comment ^_^
It's really nice, but as some constructive critique, since you're good, you could use a smaller brush and make it more detailed and pretty that way. :) The colour of the water confused me a bit too, but who knows, it might be violet somewhere. It's more like grayish turquoise here, though. ^^;

And and, I did a quick drawing this morning. It's really a quick one that I spent something like 15-30 minutes on so there are many things that I could have done better (mostly the hair, the lineart and the shape of the head). This might be something concerning a possible future project of Lux Visual Novels, but anyway, you probably would like to look at the picture rather than read my chatter anyway, so:
A little critique is okay, but remember what I said about this being quickly done and keep it constructive.