Looking for mentor of sorts

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
NoMoreStars
Regular

Looking for mentor of sorts

#1 Post by NoMoreStars »

Hi there.

I just found this place through a deviant artist.First of let me say Ren'PY is awesome and is exactly what i was looking for to create my doujin game.

Over the last few days ive been feeling really eager to get started on a doujin game.I think my obsession would have to be blamed on NHK ni Youkoso and Satou-kun.

I've tried my hand at coding before and after about 30 minutes gave up....simply because im retarded at learning these kind of things.I usually get lost and confused before i can find the answer.

I was hoping a novice programmer who has the abilities to help me out on my game and make it the best it can be would be willing to perhaps converse over MSN.We may be able to come to some deal where i could draw out some character art for you in return for your services.

Here is a link to a few samples of my art.
http://www.shadowssurroundme.deviantart.com

My game would be a mix of Ecchi + shonen ai type stuff so whoever has a problem with those genres please dont respond.It wont be an adult game tho.

mokenju1
Regular

#2 Post by mokenju1 »

Wow, you art is awesome :shock: . If I was a bad person I would be tempted to offer you programming help only to put my hands in some of your character art but... I'm trying to behave lately, so I have to let some else of the forums who really has programming skills take advantage... I mean, collaborate with you :wink: .

* returns crying to photoshop filters and the rest of her sad reality*

EDIT: And I love Huckabees is one of my favourites films. It's so... Kaufman :roll:

NoMoreStars
Regular

#3 Post by NoMoreStars »

~Mokenju1: Thanks for being honest...Im looking for someone who is pretty capable because i want to take full advantage of the engine and do stuff like customize the settings options and plenty of other stuff.

So if someone were to volunteer who is over their head they will just get really frustrated from my many demands of difficult commands.

It totally is kaufman isnt it!!I love Dustin Hoffman the most in that film....and perhaps the quote
"you rock...rock"

mokenju1
Regular

#4 Post by mokenju1 »

Going totally off-topic:

Dustin Hoffman is always great, but what really surprised me was Mark Walberg... I would have never thought that he could be in the same film that Jude Law and I would actually pay attention to his acting :lol: .

This film has many interesting moments but my favourite is:
When the main character realizes that he and Jude Law's are no different after all and he sees how the pieces of his face are superposed to the face of his "enemy". It was like the moment of "WOW, know I understand what this film was all about"
And Adaptation is one of the best films I have ever seen, too.
Last edited by mokenju1 on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#5 Post by Counter Arts »

I guess programming wise, I can sorta determine what's feasible and I know a few things that could add an extra layer of polish.