Crop Circle [Sci-fi][Drama][2013][BxG]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Crop Circle [Sci-fi][Drama][2013][BxG]

#16 Post by try10 »

I love the sketches. The dog looks very cute. I can't want to see them colored. :D

klonki
Regular
Projects: Her Majesty!
Organization: skyline+

#17 Post by klonki »

Azure, you definitely won me over with just the word "alien" lol!
I'm still a little bitter that I couldn't participate in NaNo this year with my alien idea, so I'm so happy to see someone chose to do a story about aliens! ;A;

The dog is really adorable! What kind of breed is it? I also like the way you approached Maya! She looks very refreshing, and even with her scars, I think she's beautiful. And she's good with animals too, so that's a plus!

Also...

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 1,248 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 13,048 words,
for an average of 10.5 words per screen.
The game contains 7 menus.
Even now, I'm still so astounded at how fast you type your script! Teach me your ways! /sob You're really a natural born writer. xD

Knowing you, I have no doubts you'll finish this on time, so I'm looking forward to see it released! :')

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#18 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Squee~ You work fast, and lovin' the sketches!

You're already up in the 13 thousands with words? Nice! I'm at that level, too, with mine ^o^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#19 Post by azureXtwilight »

klonki wrote:Azure, you definitely won me over with just the word "alien" lol!
I'm still a little bitter that I couldn't participate in NaNo this year with my alien idea, so I'm so happy to see someone chose to do a story about aliens! ;A;

The dog is really adorable! What kind of breed is it? I also like the way you approached Maya! She looks very refreshing, and even with her scars, I think she's beautiful. And she's good with animals too, so that's a plus!
Thank you! I am glad you're interested! I've been wanting to make something about aliens after all~
Harold is a golden-retriever :3 I originally wanted to make him a german sheperd but then my brother suggested a goldie instead. And I'm glad you like Maya!
Kokoro Hane wrote:Squee~ You work fast, and lovin' the sketches!

You're already up in the 13 thousands with words? Nice! I'm at that level, too, with mine ^o^
Thanks!

The main story is done, people! I've sent it over to be proofreaded/edited so it might be longer... I'm still open to the proofreaders' suggestion ;)

Here's my current word count.

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 2,056 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 21,665 words,
for an average of 10.5 words per screen.
The game contains 9 menus.
Now I'll be working on the sprites! Be prepared for art updates, people!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#20 Post by azureXtwilight »

And here's the complete Leonard sprite!
doc.png

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#21 Post by azureXtwilight »

I'm very sorry to say this might not see the deadline, but I'm still going to finish it. Currently, I am facing a real-life issue about bullying (you might have seen my DA) but I'm going to get this done with a better quality.

nancie
Regular

#22 Post by nancie »

azureXtwilight wrote:I'm very sorry to say this might not see the deadline, but I'm still going to finish it.
I don't know whats going on out there but here you know we all love you, and your fans will support you no matter when you finish it. :wink:
I truly hope you are able to get the rest of it figured out, but until then don't stress about silly things like hobby project deadlines.
**Big Hugs**

The Monkey Ninja
Regular
Projects: 3^07, OneTimeValentine, OtomeDesign
Organization: MooseCake Productions
Deviantart: the-monkey-ninja

#23 Post by The Monkey Ninja »

Alien inclusion! Ho HO! :D :D :D
ALIENS I SAY *SHAKES SCREEN*

It looks like it will be very interesting *___* And with your track record and games, no doubt fantastic as well. 8) Will be an interesting change to play from a male's perspective in a visual novel (I usually avoid the BxG types because of the high 'show us some boobs' and 'fanservice galore' ratios in them >> But I'm sure this one won't do that---- if it does, well. I shall be entertained. XD)
THIS:
Orion

A loner, calm, and quite angsty. His last words to his father was "I hate you!" before coming to the village and got struck in an incident. He feels like he's currently living an empty life.
...I expect dramatics and for myself to giggle madly + laugh hysterically if he pulls the drama-comedy emo scene a few times XD *loves that* Best example I suppose would be when Tamaki (from Ouran High School Host Club) had to play a popular prince-like character with a dark past and 'deep' side ((I can't remember the episode, but he clutched at his body in the rain and said words that made me giggle as was intended XD Rengei (((however its spelt))) was directing it or something)).
If its serious angst though then I'm expecting this boy to be a hard shell to crack or at least some very heart-wrenching, or even just GASP moments.

...and I do expect GASP.

As for others---- MAYA WHAT HAPPENED?! She's still incredibly beautiful even with the scars. I can only wonder what caused them... Its not common to see a main female character as physically damaged as her, so its a fresh piece added to this game, along with the alien thing of course.

Leonard is--- LEON OMFG LE-- *HAVING A MOMENT PLEASE* *flashing back to Fantasia* *...breathes* ...Okay. I've calmed down. *AHEM* SIMPLY BECAUSE HE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN IT, DOESN'T MEAN HE ISN'T INVOLVED. (...wait) He could be under cover...-shot-

And that dog. If he really does get a sprite, even just the face (as he seems to be getting) I will love you forever, LOL. Animals hardly show up in games, and even if they do its rare that they get sprites XD (I was so excited to see the cat sprite in Under The Moon *only played demo* *...adult...game ahem*). SHOW THE DOGGEH SOME LOVE. *cheers*

As for new colouring style--- I think it will suit the game. Its wispy, chiarascuro (yes I misspelt that but its close enough XD) -like, and adds a sense of...mystery to the art. Which I find excellent for this game, what with its alien setting.

OVERALL -- I'm looking forward to this. It seems promising, and again based on the past, I know it will be. :D
--
Cloaks are wonderful things~ <3

My DA page for all my art:
http://the-monkey-ninja.deviantart.com/

Ex-Nanoreno2017 game One Time Valentine has a (very rough) demo out now!
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=43314

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#24 Post by Coren »

*CHU HERE*

Just finished reading and decided to hack into my brother's Lemma account to say that I really had fun with this! :) I'll be voicing Maya, so I'm really excited about it. She's a very nice character - and so is everyone else!

shanie019
Completed: N/A
Projects: N/A

#25 Post by shanie019 »

-casuallystalksthisonetooheeeheee-
Hello! I don't have anything to say in my signature. Hahaha.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#26 Post by tiya_nofurita »

How's progress on this one ? :D
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project: