Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
eingelle
Regular

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama]

#391 Post by eingelle »

I can't wait for the game to be released!
The art and story all seem so great! I especially love the clean lineart and colouring! ^^

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#392 Post by FatUnicornGames »

I'm excited to see how you tackle Hank! ;D
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

DestinyFailsUs
Regular
Completed: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Projects: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Organization: Strawberry Dagger Studio
Tumblr: DestinyFailsUs
Deviantart: DestinyFailsUs
itch: Sbds

#393 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

I can't believe I've never commented on this. My friend sent me a link to this development thread last summer and I instantly bookmarked it, and I've had the thread subscribed since I've official joined. Just gotta say that I look forward to this game so much. It just seems like it'll be such an amazing game and your effort to make it definitely shows. :D

...Plus... Well... Nicholas is totally my "type."

ehcs
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#394 Post by ehcs »

@EchoLove
I'm so glad you like it! I only posted the sprites in their 3 poses and their spring outfits. They have a lot more expressions but I was hoping to save at least that for the game. :') (And their beach outfits, ahohoho. *not-so-secretly can't draw abs but hopes they're still hot either way*)

Laurelsing
Thank you very much! :'D I'm glad you think so. :')

Blane Doyle
Hahaha, thanks for dropping by again - and for the compliment too! *v*

Ayame
D'awww, thank you! *v* I google sketched most of the BGs for reference though. I hope that's alright and not too much of a cheat. D:

I'm glad Sol doesn't have a Voldemort nose anymore, hahaha. That would have been a real deal breaker, I'm sure. xD I hope I didn't disappoint too many people by sticking to this version of Eli. I'm really happy to know that he's growing unto you. :'D

Thanks so much for all the supportive comments! :'D They really help make me want to work on LatL more, hahaha.

eingelle
D'aww, thank you very much! *v*

FatUnicornGames
Same here. *A*
That hair is going to be fun to draw, hahaha.

DestinyFailsUs
A friend of mine sent me a link to one of the posts on otomegamerconfessions and I saw the most heartwarming and motivating posts ever. You posted that confession, right? I just have to say I can't thank you enough for that. I was honestly near tears when I read it. All I can give you right now is a big fat THANK YOU. I sincerely hope I do not disappoint you. :')

___________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 04/04/13
Everything I'm going to post now is just a repost from my tumblr. :')
Still deciding if Nicholas should permanently have glasses or no. xD

I'm working on writing right now so I might not be able to post as many art related updates as I used to. If ever I do update, they'll be posts of screenshots and maybe action animations.

Will try to update again soon. :')

Laurelsing

#395 Post by Laurelsing »

I definitely vote for permanent glasses on Nicholas! *drool* Also daaaang, that nurse is friggin' adorable!

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran

#396 Post by FatUnicornGames »

I too (though you knew this already) vote for perma-glasses on Nicholas.

Cadenza
Regular
Projects: Ghost Memory

#397 Post by Cadenza »

All this is super exciting and I can't wait for the game. You're so talented and motivated! Definitely forking out cash for this one.

Something I did notice, though - I know it's just a preview screencap and I'm totally being finicky, but you switched tenses in that screencap with the nurse. "Straightens" is present tense, "scoffed" is past. Just threw me off. Sorry for being picky, auughsdufhdslfds.

ehcs
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#398 Post by ehcs »

Laurelsing wrote:I definitely vote for permanent glasses on Nicholas! *drool* Also daaaang, that nurse is friggin' adorable!
Thanks for the input! I'm leaning towards that too. *v*
FatUnicornGames wrote:I too (though you knew this already) vote for perma-glasses on Nicholas.
Glasses make everything look better. :'D
Cadenza wrote:All this is super exciting and I can't wait for the game. You're so talented and motivated! Definitely forking out cash for this one.

Something I did notice, though - I know it's just a preview screencap and I'm totally being finicky, but you switched tenses in that screencap with the nurse. "Straightens" is present tense, "scoffed" is past. Just threw me off. Sorry for being picky, auughsdufhdslfds.
Thank you so very much! I'll try not to disappoint. :')

Actually, thank you so much for pointing that mistake out! I'm definitely going to have the script edited. Sorry, I got excited and nabbed a screenshot before I even considered having everything properly proofread for mistakes. (I was honestly worried about other - less technical - things concerning the writing.) I'll have it all checked for grammar and everything before the game is released, you can be sure of that. :'D I'm sorry you had to read through my blunder though. D: I'll try to be more careful. :')

DestinyFailsUs
Regular
Completed: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Projects: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Organization: Strawberry Dagger Studio
Tumblr: DestinyFailsUs
Deviantart: DestinyFailsUs
itch: Sbds

#399 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

ehcs wrote: DestinyFailsUs
A friend of mine sent me a link to one of the posts on otomegamerconfessions and I saw the most heartwarming and motivating posts ever. You posted that confession, right? I just have to say I can't thank you enough for that. I was honestly near tears when I read it. All I can give you right now is a big fat THANK YOU. I sincerely hope I do not disappoint you. :')
Yes, that was me! You're very welcome! And don't worry about disappointing me, there's no way that will happen. :)
I admire your work greatly and I'm always impressed with what I see from you. :)

Also... I would have to agree and vote for permanent glasses as well. :)

Ayame
Regular

#400 Post by Ayame »

Ahaha, I think you already know I vote for non-permanent glasses. XD Why do I always have a different opinion from the majority? *mumbles*
The GUI looks really good, Nicholas is handsome (without glasses!! I kid, he's handsome either way.) and you are very talented. *nods eagerly* :D I'm so glad I checked this thread out, last summer!
Avatar made with Chibi Maker 1.1 by gen8 @ deviantart

Laurelsing

#401 Post by Laurelsing »

ehcs wrote: Actually, thank you so much for pointing that mistake out! I'm definitely going to have the script edited. Sorry, I got excited and nabbed a screenshot before I even considered having everything properly proofread for mistakes. (I was honestly worried about other - less technical - things concerning the writing.) I'll have it all checked for grammar and everything before the game is released, you can be sure of that. :'D I'm sorry you had to read through my blunder though. D: I'll try to be more careful. :')
I wouldn't worry too much about any mistakes and such that appear while you're just previewing the game to us! :) There's no reason to have it absolutely perfect before you even have the beta out, let alone while you're just giving us screencaps to see the progress! That'd put way too much stress on you while you're just trying to continue getting it done in the first place!

selenity136
Regular

#402 Post by selenity136 »

Wow, this looks so much different than before! A part of me do missed the anime-style but this one looks good as well :D. As for Nick, he looks better without glasses on all the time. He still looks conniving either way. The stats look a bit plain but the nurse, did you made her chest look smaller than before? Anyways, I wish you the best of luck in this project of yours!

EchoLove
Regular

#403 Post by EchoLove »

I actually like Nick better without glasses on all the time, I don't know he looks better? xD But glasses on all times would be a tad more realistic

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran

#404 Post by FatUnicornGames »

EchoLove wrote:I actually like Nick better without glasses on all the time, I don't know he looks better? xD
Blasphemy. ;D

Anomandaris
Regular

#405 Post by Anomandaris »

Perma-glasses. All the way.

This game is looking better and better every time I check this thread!