Lunar Chime [GxB] [Mystery] [Fantasy] [Historical] [NaNo13]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
k_arashi
Regular

Lunar Chime [GxB] [Mystery] [Fantasy] [Historical] [NaNo13]

#1 Post by k_arashi »

Last edited by k_arashi on Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:36 am, edited 13 times in total.

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

Re: Lunar Chime [GxB] [Mystery] [Fantasy] [Historical] [NaNo

#2 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Yay, I've been waiting for this. Glad you finished it :D I'll download it when I finish school. <3

k_arashi
Regular

#3 Post by k_arashi »

Mimi_Melody wrote:Yay, I've been waiting for this. Glad you finished it :D I'll download it when I finish school. <3
Thank you ^^ I hope you find it enjoyable~! It's only a demo though (:
Hopefully the download links work for you, I haven't received any other kind of feedback yet so I hope there is no issues with downloading the file? If there is let me know and I can fix it! (=

EDIT: I updated the download link and it now is no longer in separate parts. For people who had any problems downloading it, it should work now. Sorry for any inconveniences!

Twilstar

#4 Post by Twilstar »

I love time traveling stories/games and this one looks very interesting! Gonna download it now and I'll write my review when I finish playing it. Also, can you tell me approximately how long the demo is and when do you expect the game will be finished? :)

k_arashi
Regular

#5 Post by k_arashi »

Twilstar wrote:I love time traveling stories/games and this one looks very interesting! Gonna download it now and I'll write my review when I finish playing it. Also, can you tell me approximately how long the demo is and when do you expect the game will be finished? :)
I'm really glad to hear that! (:
It's kind of hard to give a rough estimate of how long the demo is because depending on your reading speed you sometimes go through it faster.
The demo is only 5,882 words but I have already reached 20k words. The amount keeps changing though because I keep adding to it ^^
I would have released the full game but because of the missing things, the artist and I agreed we didn't really want to give away too much of the story before the rest of the art is done.

We're hoping that the full game will be released around the end of this month or even sooner but we can't guarantee anything because life often gets in the way.

After you're done playing, a review would be greatly appreciated <333 Thank you so much for the interest! (:

gogospirit

#6 Post by gogospirit »

I'm happy that we at least got a demo out for NaNo~! Feedback would be great. (:
Last edited by gogospirit on Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#7 Post by teacup »

I'll give it a shot and leave my feedback. ^^

gogospirit

#8 Post by gogospirit »

teacup wrote:I'll give it a shot and leave my feedback. ^^
Thank you so much, we would appreciate that. (:
I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#9 Post by teacup »

Alright, I reached the end of the demo! I played through twice and got the bad ending as well.
The music you chose was really, really nice. It fit the game well and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I also like the GUI. The textbox and the choice boxes are pretty. My only complaint is that with the white text on the textbox, it was a little too bright. I thought it was hard to read and it would have been better if you chose a darker color (that may be just me, though - I have sensitive eyes >_<)
The writing itself was pretty good, but could have benefited from a proofreader. A few sentences were awkward in their structure and I noticed some errors (like 'are' instead of 'our').
The artwork is not bad. The coloring is very attractive, but the portraits all seem to 'lean' (like they are not standing straight) which looks a little awkward for me. Joo-Eun's head also seems slightly too big for her body.
I felt confused when we met Yurin. She said to call her 'Yurinnie', but in the namebox it showed 'Yurin'. So which was her real name? If Yurinnie was supposed to be a nickname for Yurin, I think you should explain that to avoid confusion. c:
Also, I believe I found a programming error: pressing Quick Load doesn't load the Quick Save. It just Quick Saves again.

In Conclusion: I enjoyed playing it! I found the story interesting and I want to find out what happens next, so I will play the full game when it comes out. Having never played a game set in Korea, this was a new experience for me. The story is a little fast-paced, but that's good for me since my attention span is short. ^^ Hyun-su is my favorite character; I like him a lot and I talked to him as much as I could xD

It could benefit from a little more polish, but since this is a NaNoReNo entry, it's understandable. Overall, I liked it. Good job guys! (*^^*)

k_arashi
Regular

#10 Post by k_arashi »

teacup wrote:Alright, I reached the end of the demo! I played through twice and got the bad ending as well.
The music you chose was really, really nice. It fit the game well and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I also like the GUI. The textbox and the choice boxes are pretty. My only complaint is that with the white text on the textbox, it was a little too bright. I thought it was hard to read and it would have been better if you chose a darker color (that may be just me, though - I have sensitive eyes >_<)
The writing itself was pretty good, but could have benefited from a proofreader. A few sentences were awkward in their structure and I noticed some errors (like 'are' instead of 'our').
The artwork is not bad. The coloring is very attractive, but the portraits all seem to 'lean' (like they are not standing straight) which looks a little awkward for me. Joo-Eun's head also seems slightly too big for her body.
I felt confused when we met Yurin. She said to call her 'Yurinnie', but in the namebox it showed 'Yurin'. So which was her real name? If Yurinnie was supposed to be a nickname for Yurin, I think you should explain that to avoid confusion. c:
Also, I believe I found a programming error: pressing Quick Load doesn't load the Quick Save. It just Quick Saves again.

In Conclusion: I enjoyed playing it! I found the story interesting and I want to find out what happens next, so I will play the full game when it comes out. Having never played a game set in Korea, this was a new experience for me. The story is a little fast-paced, but that's good for me since my attention span is short. ^^ Hyun-su is my favorite character; I like him a lot and I talked to him as much as I could xD

It could benefit from a little more polish, but since this is a NaNoReNo entry, it's understandable. Overall, I liked it. Good job guys! (*^^*)
Thank you so much for playing it! I'm also glad to hear you had fun with it! (:
And thanks for all the helpful feedback! I'm happy you think the music suits the game, I tried really hard to find music that would work best with the project.

Haha, yes I'm not surprised that there was errors (like 'are' instead of 'our'). I know the difference between them but sometimes I have this tendency to by accident use the wrong one. You're definitely right that we would have benefited from a proofreader because I find when I re-read what I write too much, I begin to not even be able to spot my own mistakes.
You also mentioned that there were some awkward sentences. If you have time I would really appreciate it if you told me what ones those were so I could fix it.

Yes. I kind of thought, it would be confusing if people met Yurin. I was intending to fix that but I forgot >u< I'll explain why though: -IE (이) is a suffix attached to the end of a person's name to show a sign of closeness and affection. This is only done to names ending in consonants though; there is no vowel -ending equivalent. (I did it as part of Yurin's character, but in general you wouldn't exactly use that suffix on your own name).

You also might have noticed that some people's name had suffixs like: -ssi, which is a common polite suffix. It's very similar to the Japanese suffix -san.
I was planning to have a glossary in the final game to explain some of those terms used in game but it slipped my mind to include it in the demo >:

As the writer, I am extremely happy that you found the story interesting. I was trying my best to make it really suspenseful so that the readers would want to know what happened next.
Hehe, you're not the only one who liked Hyun-Su~! The artist for this project also liked him (: Somehow the arrogant guy is more appealing eh? xD

I won't comment about the art, because I wasn't the one who did it. But I'm sure gogospirit (the artist) really appreciates you taking the time to point out all that about the art.

Seeing that I'm the coder as well and not just the writer, I'll play around with the colors and try to fix the white text that bothered you.
And thanks for telling me about the programming error, I was completely unaware of that! I'll definitely fix that in the full game!

We'll try are best to give it a more "polished" feel when we release the full game.
Once again thanks so much, you can't believe how much I appreciate this! We both feel less discouraged now! And will definitely continue on with this project! (:

Twilstar

#11 Post by Twilstar »

I'm so sorry I didn't post something earlier but I have been busy with real life. :)
I played the demo twice because it was so short and each time I thought: Why does it have to end now when it's so interesting? I need more!! :D I really really liked the story! Music was nice and it fit the mood perfectly. Art was pretty. As for characters, Hyun-Su was my favourite but I also liked Suk-Chul. Though there's one thing that bothered me. In the very beginning, how come no one in the library reacted when Joo-Eun was transported?
I was planning to have a glossary in the final game to explain some of those terms used in game but it slipped my mind to include it in the demo >:
I was gonna suggest something like that because some people aren't familiar with korean phrases.
Also, there were some grammar mistakes.
So sorry this was short >_<
I can't wait to play completed game! :)

k_arashi
Regular

#12 Post by k_arashi »

Twilstar wrote:I'm so sorry I didn't post something earlier but I have been busy with real life. :)
I played the demo twice because it was so short and each time I thought: Why does it have to end now when it's so interesting? I need more!! :D I really really liked the story! Music was nice and it fit the mood perfectly. Art was pretty. As for characters, Hyun-Su was my favourite but I also liked Suk-Chul. Though there's one thing that bothered me. In the very beginning, how come no one in the library reacted when Joo-Eun was transported?
I was gonna suggest something like that because some people aren't familiar with korean phrases.
Also, there were some grammar mistakes.
So sorry this was short >_<
I can't wait to play completed game! :)
No, it's okay! (: I kind of figured something like that might've happened but I wasn't very sure. Thanks for telling me the reason!
I'm really happy to hear your thoughts on the game! Haha, I'm very sorry for ending the demo on a cliffhanger.
It's nice to see a person who likes Suk-Chul I tried to give him and Hyun-Su completely different personalities but make them likeable in their own way.

Ah about that library thing... Seeing that this demo was made as a NaNoRenO game and the story did not involve being in the present, I kind of immediately jumped right into the past but you're right, it's kind of weird that no one else in the library didn't notice :lol: Maybe I should fix that...?

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking! After I realized that I forgot the glossary I should have immediately put it in. Don't worry I will definitely add that in the finished release. I completely understand what it's like and how confusing it is to see foreign terms in literature that you have no idea of the meaning (I'm speaking from experience xD)

Oh and also about the grammar mistakes, I'll try to hopefully get a proof reader before we post the final release ^^

Arelune
Regular

#13 Post by Arelune »

I too played this game a few days ago, but didn't really have time to comment. I don't have much to add to what has already been said though. I loved the music, and the story was interesting enough. I really like where you cut it off. :P It makes me want to read the rest.
It does feel all a bit too rushed for my taste. This might be because it's a Nano game?
I'm btw also a sucker for well done time-travelling/to another world stories. :)

I would suggest uploading to a site that doesn't require registration, like mediafire or something. I don't like signing up on each site, this might hold true for more people. Luckily I already had an account on 4shared.

I do think this fits better in the demo section though. Amity might not be fully complete, but it does have one complete path with an ending. -That's what I understood, haven't played it yet.- Yours cuts off without the story really ending. Besides one bad end that is.

k_arashi
Regular

#14 Post by k_arashi »

Arelune wrote:I too played this game a few days ago, but didn't really have time to comment. I don't have much to add to what has already been said though. I loved the music, and the story was interesting enough. I really like where you cut it off. :P It makes me want to read the rest.
It does feel all a bit too rushed for my taste. This might be because it's a Nano game?
I'm btw also a sucker for well done time-travelling/to another world stories. :)

I would suggest uploading to a site that doesn't require registration, like mediafire or something. I don't like signing up on each site, this might hold true for more people. Luckily I already had an account on 4shared.

I do think this fits better in the demo section though. Amity might not be fully complete, but it does have one complete path with an ending. -That's what I understood, haven't played it yet.- Yours cuts off without the story really ending. Besides one bad end that is.
No problem, we were just getting a little worried that no one actually played the game. But now that we received feedback, it completely eases our thoughts.
I really appreciate the time you took to comment! Yeah, I think we kind of rushed it because of the fact it was a NaNo game (we were working on it non-stop everyday... and I was actually afraid that we wouldn't even have a demo released but thankfully we managed to do that. And now we can relax and take our time to get the rest of the game done~! :D

Yes, I prefer Mediafire but every time I tried to upload it there, I would continuously get a connection or permissions error. called: Error #-501. And only 4shared seemed to be cooperating with my connection so that's why I uploaded it there.
If I can get Mediafire to work, I'll try to use it as an alternate download link.

Hmm... you're probably right about that. I should have put it in the demo section. If an administer of the forum sees this, they can move it if they think it should be there. I won't make the same mistake twice, so I'll keep that in mind the next time I post a project.
Thanks for pointing that out though! (I definitely wouldn't want to do something that wasn't allowed on this forum...)

Thanks again~! (:

trepiechick
Regular

#15 Post by trepiechick »

For some reason, I'm having issues logging into 4shared, so I guess I'll just wait till the game is available from a mirror, sorry :(