Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

Re: Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

#121 Post by enta »

PyTom wrote:
enta wrote:Maybe running more events(besides NaNoReno) would boost more releases?
I really wonder if the next event we run should be some sort of service event. I've been mulling over in my head the idea of running some sort of contest/event where the goal is to try to use the VN format to teach something.
Good writers will write good stories and good artists will draw good art. I think if you'll start a contest, it should be something like a team project, then those kind of holes can be filled down and it won't sound unfair. Some people might go rage-mode in the forums against the judges if their work wasn't chosen even if the judges claims they gave a fair choice(or you could have the judges unannounced) However, this would also be a good chance to have our works examined from head to toe and that would lead to better improvements!

I missed out NaNoReno this year so if some events going to be held again, I would like to count myself in. 8)

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#122 Post by Kato »

Just a silly thing to be happy about, but today I was chosen to be the Head Coach for a local Auskick team (Aussie Rules Football for Juniors). I had gotten to a high level of footy myself but unfortunately, due to a bad back injury, I was told I couldn't play anymore at the risk of severely injuring myself for life.

Finally getting back out there though, even if it's just coaching a group of kiddies, has really lifted my spirits. I can't play the game anymore but I'm really glad I was chosen to coach, even if the nostalgia of it all hurts a little >.>;; haha.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#123 Post by SundownKid »

enta wrote: Maybe running more events(besides NaNoReno) would boost more releases? Then the world would know more of the existence of OELVN and THAT would be something that we shouldn't just shout for joy, but we can *die*(exaggerating) out of joy for 8)
I support something like themed events in the vein of the Ludlum Dare. Every few months, there can be a month-long contest based on a certain theme that can be interpreted in some way. Examples of themes could include emotions like "Bravery", settings like "Arthurian Legend", genres like "Detective", or technical challenges like "alien characters" or "First-Person". I am personally a fan of weirdly specific challenges that can be used to make games that would normally never be developed by someone.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#124 Post by SusanTheCat »

SundownKid wrote: I support something like themed events in the vein of the Ludlum Dare. Every few months, there can be a month-long contest based on a certain theme that can be interpreted in some way. Examples of themes could include emotions like "Bravery", settings like "Arthurian Legend", genres like "Detective", or technical challenges like "alien characters" or "First-Person". I am personally a fan of weirdly specific challenges that can be used to make games that would normally never be developed by someone.
My tablet ate my post.

I like this idea.

Grrrrrrr bad tablet

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

9-of-Hearts
Regular

#125 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

@Kato, that sounds awesome! Not a silly thing to be happy about at all!

I also agree with the above two posts.

And personally, my little happiness: my family, mind you I don't really get homesick, is coming to visit me this weekend, but mainly I get to spend a lot of time with my little sister <3<3 I've missed her so much and I really hope we can have a good time together, and we don't get on each other's nerves like we do sometimes. ....So yeah, a bit happy.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#126 Post by Blane Doyle »

I've been working for the past 11 days straight, and trust me no matter what your job is 12-16 hour work days can wind you down very quickly.

That's why I am SO glad to have three days off on a row starting tomorrow! I need a little me time to just relax and get some writing done.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#127 Post by sake-bento »

Got another contract for a project I was really hoping to be a part of. Haven't started yet, but I'm just happy they thought of me.

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#128 Post by khnachi »

Currently enjoying the fruits of NanoReno, I'm so thankful I'm on vacation now. :mrgreen:

deviltales
Regular

#129 Post by deviltales »

I received an honorary mention for a fantasy-themed story I wrote about 2 months ago. It's nothing big, but that increased A LOT my self-esteem and confidence in my writing skills. :lol:
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

#130 Post by enta »

This is something to be happy about for a girl who always fail to make a friend in a new class in the very first day of new school.
I got my first friend in my jr. high after a year but hey,

I GOT MY FIRST TWO FRIENDS IN SR. HIGH IN THE VERY FIRST DAY!

I could never be happier. This means I'm improving.

Current social ability: 0.0001----0.0010

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#131 Post by SilverxBlue »

I skipped the graduation ceremony of this 6-units worth course thing that every college freshman has to take. I never particularly liked the course itself and most of all, I hated the professor, so I was never that enthusiastic about it. I was often frustrated with it and the professor herself. Then all of a sudden, when the ceremony was over, one of my classmates PM'ed me on facebook and said I was named as one of the course's outstanding students and that our class mayor got my medal and plaque for me.

I didn't expect to get an award in something I most obviously hate, so this came as a very pleasant surprise. XD
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

AlexisQuinn
Completed: Shadows In The Darkness
Projects: FearLove, Internet: A Murder Mystery
Organization: Veria

#132 Post by AlexisQuinn »

After being depressed for the last month or so about my life lacking a goal I started to think that maybe its because I haven't found something I really enjoy and want to do with my life.

THEN I rediscovered VNs and I'm just thinkinging "Why did I ever stop making and plannning and playing VNs?"

I'm happy ^-^
Completed Projects
Shadows In The Darkness(mini poetic KN)

deviltales
Regular

#133 Post by deviltales »

@AlexisQuinn welcome in the spectacular, magical and exciting world of the VN's ! 8)
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#134 Post by sake-bento »

I made ceylon milk tea cupcakes today with clotted cream and honey. Everyone at work liked them, including a person I haven't gotten to speak with before. I'm always happy when I can bake things that make people happy.

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#135 Post by dramspringfeald »

Mom's dieing, Dad has major heart problems and I'm am now an alcoholic. Oh and out of 12 or 13 people in my family we are all that is left.... So I guess I'm happy about finding the Brandy?
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.