Lunar Chime [GxB] [Mystery] [Fantasy] [Historical] [NaNo13]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
k_arashi
Regular

Re: Lunar Chime [GxB] [Mystery] [Fantasy] [Historical] [NaNo

#16 Post by k_arashi »

trepiechick wrote:For some reason, I'm having issues logging into 4shared, so I guess I'll just wait till the game is available from a mirror, sorry :(
I'm so sorry about that! Thanks for letting me know though! I just managed to get it uploaded to Mediafire so hopefully it works now for you (:
You can find the mirror download link on the bottom of the very first post.
If you have any more problems, don't hesitate to tell me. I'll do my best to help you with it~! ^^

trepiechick
Regular

#17 Post by trepiechick »

Three things I noticed the most in this grammar-wise are that your verb tenses are inconsistent, your punctuation needs work, and you like to add past participles where they aren't really needed, making some of your sentences awkward. Other than that, you have a great story unfolding.

k_arashi
Regular

#18 Post by k_arashi »

trepiechick wrote:Two things I noticed the most in this grammar wise are that your verb tenses are inconsistent, and you like to add past participles where they aren't really needed, making some of your sentences awkward. Other than that, and some minor punctuation errors, you have a great story unfolding.
Wow, thank you so much for bringing that to my attention! I wasn't aware of that.
Receiving feedback like this is extremely helpful for me! I really appreciate you doing this~! :D
I'm going to get a proof reader but I'll look through my script again and see if I can correct some of those grammar mistakes.

Also, I'm so happy to hear you like the story! I was trying to make it as interesting as possible with the limited time I had for NaNo. But seeing that the deadline is over I'll probably fix the flow of the story and the transitions a little more because in some places they feel kind of rushed (I guess it's because I felt hurried because of the deadline) and I will also refine some other things ^^

Once again, thanks very much~! =D

trepiechick
Regular

#19 Post by trepiechick »

I'm a bit of a grammar nerd, so feel free to ask me for help if you'd like. Learning about different cultures (Asian in particular) is a passion of mine, so I'm excited to experience a little bit of Korea. I can't wait to see how the story will continue. Good luck with everything you guys! You make a great team!

k_arashi
Regular

#20 Post by k_arashi »

trepiechick wrote:I'm a bit of a grammar nerd, so feel free to ask me for help if you'd like. Learning about different cultures (Asian in particular) is a passion of mine, so I'm excited to experience a little bit of Korea. I can't wait to see how the story will continue. Good luck with everything you guys! You make a great team!
Thanks again! You're too kind! I'll send you a PM after the game is done, so you can be a proof reader. Honestly, that is so nice of you to offer <333
Last edited by k_arashi on Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ran12

#21 Post by ran12 »

congratulate for ur work,the heroine looks cute, but for me personal, the two heros looks same except for eye color, I prefer boys who have hair anyway, doesn't attract me a lot due to this.

k_arashi
Regular

#22 Post by k_arashi »

ran12 wrote:congratulate for ur work,the heroine looks cute, but for me personal, the two heros looks same except for eye color, I prefer boys who have hair anyway, doesn't attract me a lot due to this.
Thank you for the comment but actually, the guys aren't bald... what they are wearing is a part of Korean culture. Only Korean and Japanese Buddhist monks shave their heads. I'll try my best to explain it to you (:
During the Joseon Dynasty, a man's long hair was often knotted in a topknot called Sangtu (상투) on the top of the head and a Gat (갓, hat) would be worn to represent their social status and help protect their topknots. Men also wore Manggeon (망건) which is a kind of traditional Korean headband to hold their hair in place. Only commoners and poor people of that era would let their hair be loose. The reason why noblemen went to such lengths to protect their topknot was because anyone who was found with his topknot cut was either beaten or killed.

We didn't want to leave traditional clothes and customs out in the visual novel, because it's an important part of Korean culture and it would seem wrong to not have it in there (especially since this is partly a historical visual novel).

Oh and here is some images to demonstrate the traditional Korean clothes that men wore:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4 (In this picture because his gat/hat is see through you can even see the topknot)
Image 5 (and here as well)

I hope that clears up a few things ^^

borisoda
Regular

#23 Post by borisoda »

Darn the mediafire link is down and I can't download from 4shared ><

k_arashi
Regular

#24 Post by k_arashi »

roundmetal wrote:Darn the mediafire link is down and I can't download from 4shared ><
Oh no! I'm very sorry about that! :(
Maybe try refreshing the page a few times? It seemed to be working fine on my end or check the link again after a few minutes? Those are some possible solutions.
I would upload it somewhere else for you, but I don't know any better file sharing sites other than Mediafire and 4shared D:
Once again, I'm extremely sorry! I'm not really sure why it's doing that >u<

EDIT:
If you know of any other uploading sites that would work better for you I can upload it there if it still is not working.

borisoda
Regular

#25 Post by borisoda »

Mediafire keeps saying

"File Unavailable for Transfer
Distribution of this file has been disabled because of a possible violation of our Terms of Service."

For me lol

A dropbox link or google drive link should work for me, I think! These hosts worked fine for me for other games, so yeah!

k_arashi
Regular

#26 Post by k_arashi »

roundmetal wrote:Mediafire keeps saying

"File Unavailable for Transfer
Distribution of this file has been disabled because of a possible violation of our Terms of Service."

For me lol

A dropbox link or google drive link should work for me, I think! These hosts worked fine for me for other games, so yeah!
Omigosh that is so weird O_o This is my first time uploading a file onto Mediafire so I don't see how I could've violated their Terms of Service? So strange...
I'm really bewildered.
Hmm... I'll try uploading to one of those sites for you. It could take a while because my connection is quite slow when uploading things. But I will definitely get it uploaded at some alternate location for you. In the mean time, you can keep trying maybe? You don't need to though, because I think Mediafire has just decided it doesn't like me uploading things onto it lol.

borisoda
Regular

#27 Post by borisoda »

Yeah I noticed that happens with other games on mediafire as well.

I can wait, so take your time!

ixWishing
Veteran

#28 Post by ixWishing »

Woohoo, back in the past in Korea, eh?
Any Kdramas you were inspired by?

Anyways, I'm downloading this atm! Seems really cute ;v;
- Everlasting Dreams ;

k_arashi
Regular

#29 Post by k_arashi »

roundmetal wrote:Yeah I noticed that happens with other games on mediafire as well.

I can wait, so take your time!
I got it uploaded on Google Drive for you! I hope it works now~! You can find a link for it on the first post at the bottom. If you have any more problems with downloading the game, let me know and I can try uploading it to Drop box instead ^^
ixWishing wrote:Woohoo, back in the past in Korea, eh?
Any Kdramas you were inspired by?

Anyways, I'm downloading this atm! Seems really cute ;v;
Thank you, I hope you enjoy the game~!
If you aren't too busy, some input about the game after you finished playing would be greatly appreciated~! :D But it's okay if you don't ^^

I was inspired by various Korean dramas but for this project in particular I was mostly inspired by historical dramas such as The Moon that Embraces the Sun and Sungkyunkwan Scandal (:
If you're a Korean drama fan and haven't seen them yet, I would highly recommend them~! :)

borisoda
Regular

#30 Post by borisoda »

Yay the link worked great

I must say was surprised at various korean honorifics and expressions used~~
I agree with Twilstar with the addition of glossary ^_^
The plot twist at the end was not expected at tall lol
I really like how the sprites have nice clean line art too

Anyway the GUI looks pretty nice too, looking forward to the complete version. :)