A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Katrina_K

Re: A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

#46 Post by Katrina_K »

Great work on the release!
Chiming in with everyone else- the artwork is unique and lovely- especially that of the main character. Very memorable :)

I've done only one route- that of the Unicorn Prince and jeez did it take a while for me to open up to that route.
I really dislike bad boy types XD

I suppose you wanted to emphasize the fluffiness and happy ending, but I would've liked to see more choices. Maybe not leading to a dire ending, but normal endings or (happy and extra happy) would've been good (depending on the choices picked). I felt as though it was more of a kinetic novel where you just pick the route you want to experience.
"..say what you want, but I will be taking the cake."

elf22dao

#47 Post by elf22dao »

So good love all if it! I only played Damien so far but loved it. I just wish Aeron was a chose as well he is so cute!

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#48 Post by Morishita »

Katrina_K wrote:Great work on the release!
Chiming in with everyone else- the artwork is unique and lovely- especially that of the main character. Very memorable :)

I've done only one route- that of the Unicorn Prince and jeez did it take a while for me to open up to that route.
I really dislike bad boy types XD

I suppose you wanted to emphasize the fluffiness and happy ending, but I would've liked to see more choices. Maybe not leading to a dire ending, but normal endings or (happy and extra happy) would've been good (depending on the choices picked). I felt as though it was more of a kinetic novel where you just pick the route you want to experience.
Thank you for reading through it even though it wasn't quite what you might have been looking for ^^
elf22dao wrote:So good love all if it! I only played Damien so far but loved it. I just wish Aeron was a chose as well he is so cute!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for reading through his path so far ^^

trepiechick
Regular

#49 Post by trepiechick »

I think this was the best VN I've played in quite a while! This might sound odd, but I really connected with Acacia's negative moods. You expressed her sadness and rage like someone who's had firsthand experience with similar issues. I literally cried the tears she wouldn't. Not many otome games have such "undesirable traits" afflicting their heroines, and it was very refreshing to find one treat such a character with the care and respect she deserved. Maybe I too will get my own happy ending someday.

Morishita
Veteran

#50 Post by Morishita »

trepiechick wrote:I think this was the best VN I've played in quite a while! This might sound odd, but I really connected with Acacia's negative moods. You expressed her sadness and rage like someone who's had firsthand experience with similar issues. I literally cried the tears she wouldn't. Not many otome games have such "undesirable traits" afflicting their heroines, and it was very refreshing to find one treat such a character with the care and respect she deserved. Maybe I too will get my own happy ending someday.
I don't think it sounds odd at all ^^ I'd hope that someone would possible be able to connect with Acacia's mood because even I was getting really emotional while typing up that part so I'd hope that I wasn't the only one ^^; I'm really happy to see that someone else can relate and that I type it out in a relatable way.
With my taste in stories I don't get flatter easily by compliments or pick-up lines so usually when I read a screen cap of one of the guys trying to hit on the otome mc's I usually roll my eyes while the mc is all getting flustered. So I wanted to do a game where my Mc had a little more thicker skin then that ^^; I also enjoy stories where the heroine is first treated with care and respect by the male love interest so that when he does start to pursue her all of his pick-up line seem more genuine and swoon worthy =^^=. If I'm getting cat calls right off that bat then that's gonna make me want to either ignore you or if you touch me then I might have to drop kick you in the face......if I was in a video game that is :3
I still have a lot more studying to do on visual novels and their structure but I'm glad to see that you were able to enjoy my first finished visual novel ^^ Thank you so much!

Virelai
Regular

#51 Post by Virelai »

I absolutely enjoyed this. Mostly because the storyline was incredibly unique and had a special feeling to it.
I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE HOW AMAZINGLY FANTAFABULOUS THIS IS.
I'm crying so hard right now.
The characters are so haaawt. A;LSKJG;LKWEJ;OIj
It's just too beautiful.
I can't even-
No-
Like I am just-
AHAGKEALJ;
It's perf.♥

Edit: I JUST WENT THROUGH THE UNICORN PRINCE'S. OMMMGAAAH. He's so beautiful.♥ YOU'RE AMAZING.

Morishita
Veteran

#52 Post by Morishita »

Virelai wrote:I absolutely enjoyed this. Mostly because the storyline was incredibly unique and had a special feeling to it.
I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE HOW AMAZINGLY FANTAFABULOUS THIS IS.
I'm crying so hard right now.
The characters are so haaawt. A;LSKJG;LKWEJ;OIj
It's just too beautiful.
I can't even-
No-
Like I am just-
AHAGKEALJ;
It's perf.♥

Edit: I JUST WENT THROUGH THE UNICORN PRINCE'S. OMMMGAAAH. He's so beautiful.♥ YOU'RE AMAZING.
Thank you so much Virelai! ^^ That really helped perk up my mood when I read it <3 I'm really glad you liked it so much! If your interested there is also a poll going on at my website and you can vote on who is your favorite character ^^

FoxyYoko
Regular

#53 Post by FoxyYoko »

Congratulations on the release!
I just finished playing all the paths and I must say, I'm in such a hyper, fan-girl mood right now I feel embarrassed of myself.
This is such a great VN and I really admire you for finishing it in such a short time.
The plot was unique, the storyline amazing and the characters just lovely.
Acacia had such a strong personality, I loved it. ♥ It's really nice seeing a tough main character instead of the nice, pretty girl. Especially since I could relate to her in some situations.
Apparently I'm just as dense as a troll when it comes to visitors -cough- -cough-
I actually love everyone's personality I don't even know who I like best. >// v //<
Both of the good paths just made my heart all mushy-mushy, made me laugh, then be sad, angry, embarrassed, all fan-girly then laugh again but most of all kept me entertained and curious for what was going to happen next~
And I love how everyone's stalking you in both endings. How do you not notice a whole ballroom's watching you? -cough-
The concept of Aeron's personality twist was really nicely-thought as well. Even though I was so mad at him I felt like using him as a punching sack. = v =
Overall, it was such an amazing game ♥. I'll probably be talking about it for a couple days. It's still hard to believe you've finished it in only one month.
Honestly, everything about it was beautiful, from the plot, art to the suiting music. Perfect ♥

Dangertyde
Regular
Projects: Anatidae

#54 Post by Dangertyde »

I just felt the need to say I really loved this game. The artwork is beautiful, and the story is just the perfect amount of fluff. I even recommended it to a friend, as an introduction to an example of a good visual novel that wasn't too lengthy. I think she enjoyed it, and I know for sure that I did. Especially knowing you finished it within a month, I must tip my hat to this game.
Just gonna strategically place this over here...
Quack!
/CRASH
/hobbles away

StarryCub

#55 Post by StarryCub »

Ahh I haven't been able to get this to work on my mac :'( When i open up the game, it has a black line across the title screen which looks like a glitch, and it wont let me click anything so that I have to force quit! Not sure if it is just my mac? I tried the mac version and the all versions links! Sad that I couldn't try out your game! :cry:

yanni
Projects: Neiderworld

#56 Post by yanni »

loved it :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :o :o :o :o :o :P :P :P :P :P :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: I didn't want to do Damien he was lame loved E though.

Morishita
Veteran

#57 Post by Morishita »

FoxyYoko wrote:Congratulations on the release!
I just finished playing all the paths and I must say, I'm in such a hyper, fan-girl mood right now I feel embarrassed of myself.
This is such a great VN and I really admire you for finishing it in such a short time.
The plot was unique, the storyline amazing and the characters just lovely.
Acacia had such a strong personality, I loved it. ♥ It's really nice seeing a tough main character instead of the nice, pretty girl. Especially since I could relate to her in some situations.
Apparently I'm just as dense as a troll when it comes to visitors -cough- -cough-
I actually love everyone's personality I don't even know who I like best. >// v //<
Both of the good paths just made my heart all mushy-mushy, made me laugh, then be sad, angry, embarrassed, all fan-girly then laugh again but most of all kept me entertained and curious for what was going to happen next~
And I love how everyone's stalking you in both endings. How do you not notice a whole ballroom's watching you? -cough-
The concept of Aeron's personality twist was really nicely-thought as well. Even though I was so mad at him I felt like using him as a punching sack. = v =
Overall, it was such an amazing game ♥. I'll probably be talking about it for a couple days. It's still hard to believe you've finished it in only one month.
Honestly, everything about it was beautiful, from the plot, art to the suiting music. Perfect ♥
Thank you very much for reading it ^^ I'm really glad you enjoyed it. It took me a lot of work to get it done within a month and I was really tired after it was all over but I'm very glad to see so many people enjoyed it.
Dangertyde wrote:I just felt the need to say I really loved this game. The artwork is beautiful, and the story is just the perfect amount of fluff. I even recommended it to a friend, as an introduction to an example of a good visual novel that wasn't too lengthy. I think she enjoyed it, and I know for sure that I did. Especially knowing you finished it within a month, I must tip my hat to this game.
Thank you so much for the recommendation and for reading it ^^ I really wanted to do a simple and fluffy story so I'm glad that's how a lot of people have been able to see it as ^^
StarryCub wrote:Ahh I haven't been able to get this to work on my mac :'( When i open up the game, it has a black line across the title screen which looks like a glitch, and it wont let me click anything so that I have to force quit! Not sure if it is just my mac? I tried the mac version and the all versions links! Sad that I couldn't try out your game! :cry:
That's very strange. I'm not quite sure how to fix that. Maybe try downloading the game again? If I find any issues on my end with the game having starting issues then I can keep looking closer into the codes but so far I'm not really sure what's wrong. I'm sorry that I can't be of much help ;^;
yanni wrote:loved it :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :o :o :o :o :o :P :P :P :P :P :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: I didn't want to do Damien he was lame loved E though.
Thank you for reading it ^^

NanamiKyun

#58 Post by NanamiKyun »

I downloaded a ton of VNs before and never commented because I didn't have an account, but this was just so cute and had me fangirling so bad I just had to share my opinion! The game was so sweet and cute and everything that I felt so sad when it ended, in some moments during the game I felt confused when they called some character ugly or fat because they all were so pretty <3
During Damien's route I really liked Aeron and thought he was sweet, during the ending I was thinking "How can Edavine be possibly better than Damien?" but when I was in the middle of Edavine's route I regreted ever thinking that. I just yelled over everything he said, the relationship between Acacia and him was so sweet, cute and funny! And of course I started hating Aeron, I just wanted to punch him in the face since the first time he nagged Acacia.

If you ever start working in a new game I will so be stalking that project xDD Thanks for making this sweet game!

Morishita
Veteran

#59 Post by Morishita »

NanamiKyun wrote:I downloaded a ton of VNs before and never commented because I didn't have an account, but this was just so cute and had me fangirling so bad I just had to share my opinion! The game was so sweet and cute and everything that I felt so sad when it ended, in some moments during the game I felt confused when they called some character ugly or fat because they all were so pretty <3
During Damien's route I really liked Aeron and thought he was sweet, during the ending I was thinking "How can Edavine be possibly better than Damien?" but when I was in the middle of Edavine's route I regreted ever thinking that. I just yelled over everything he said, the relationship between Acacia and him was so sweet, cute and funny! And of course I started hating Aeron, I just wanted to punch him in the face since the first time he nagged Acacia.

If you ever start working in a new game I will so be stalking that project xDD Thanks for making this sweet game!
Hahahaha! I think Aeron has that effect on a lot of people ^^ but thank you so much for making an account to leave me feedback! That was so kind of you <3 I've been under the weather because of a *what I think is* stomach virus so I've been slow with my response but this really helped brighten up my day ^^ Hopefully my body can get back into shape after all the stress I put it through pulling so many all-nighters working on this project Q^Q Thank you everyone for all you kind words and encouragement because it really helps keeps me going with all the work that's left on this! <3
I've seen some reviews already about the game so I'll have to do a special thank you for reviewing the story in the bonus section as well ^^ Maybe I'll have one of the characters read over the reviews and give there thoughts on how they thought the review went ^^ A review of the review or something silly and fun like that? Anyhoo I should go get some rest but thank you so much again! It means so much to me!!

Akuni
Regular

#60 Post by Akuni »

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Akuni on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.